20 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

I don't quite know what you're trying to tell me. But I entered the cave once with a equipped torch for test purposes, but that doesn't change anything.

The only mod I have installed to my knowledge that affects torches is Smoking Torches and Candles.

Well, I'm famous for having strange ideas... And this time the Idea was, that you maybe don't freeze, but that it is just too dark....(or the lights are just turned off completely) 

If you don't have any problems with the vanilla caves without Lux, but the problem persists with LOD there still must be something else messing with the lightning of the caves in your game.

hm....

Since the vanilla caves are accessible without Lux, but you still have problems with LOD, it seems like it doesn't mess with the cells, but with the lightning setting itself. so you have to check your other mods against LOD and lux in xedit. Concentrate on these entries:

xedit.JPG

The other option is to remove all mods, reinstall them one by one and see at which point the trouble begins...  

11 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Well, I'm famous for having strange ideas... And this time the Idea was, that you maybe don't freeze, but that it is just too dark....(or the lights are just turned off completely) 

If you don't have any problems with the vanilla caves without Lux, but the problem persists with LOD there still must be something else messing with the lightning of the caves in your game.

hm....

Since the vanilla caves are accessible without Lux, but you still have problems with LOD, it seems like it doesn't mess with the cells, but with the lightning setting itself. so you have to check your other mods against LOD and lux in xedit. Concentrate on these entries:

xedit.JPG

The other option is to remove all mods, reinstall them one by one and see at which point the trouble begins...  

I really appreciate you trying to help me, thank you for that.
But now at the latest I've reached my limit where I can't get anywhere without an exact description alone.

you might have tweaked the ini settings skyrim.ini skyrimpref.ini emb.ini or you might have to tweak them .

in any case i would reinitialise all the ini settings ( backup first ) .  for skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini easy just delete and MO will set new ones .

but for emb i do not know  may be a reinstall of emb or the presets . 

may be an emb user would pop up and set things right about it.

Back to the drawing board again. It is a fact that I can enter the vanilla caves when I uninstall LUX and clean my savegame. So I thought I would just use another mod instead of LUX. So I tried Window Shadows and lo and behold the same problem occurs. So I assume that something other than LUX is responsible.

12 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

Back to the drawing board again. It is a fact that I can enter the vanilla caves when I uninstall LUX and clean my savegame. So I thought I would just use another mod instead of LUX. So I tried Window Shadows and lo and behold the same problem occurs. So I assume that something other than LUX is responsible.

So you really have to check all of your mods one-by-one. You can skip the Follower mods, the Sexlab related Stuff, Clothes. I would start with the mods, that deal with all kinds of lights and you have plenty of them...