What's causing the variation in brightness between these two meshes?

I've been comparing these for over an hour, checking and re-checking every shading and lighting flag I can think of and making sure they're identical, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the armour model is so much brighter (which is actually the way I want it looking), and the ground model (which is dark). They're both using the exact same texture and normal files.

The funny thing is, it's technically the armour model which is wrong, as the colour and tone of the actual texture file is much closer to what's displayed on the ground model. But I was working with the armour model first, lol. I did notice the texture was displaying quite bright, but with these old meshes you kind of let it go and just do what you can to get the result you need.

Can anyone help me spot what I'm missing here, before my brain melts looking at the BSLighterShadingProperty tab again?

Thanks!

hidehelm.zip

Edited by SmedleyDButler
17 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

I've been comparing these for over an hour, checking and re-checking every shading and lighting flag I can think of and making sure they're identical, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the armour model is so much brighter (which is actually the way I want it looking), and the ground model (which is dark). They're both using the exact same texture and normal files.

The funny thing is, it's technically the armour model which is wrong, as the colour and tone of the actual texture file is much closer to what's displayed on the ground model. But I was working with the armour model first, lol. I did notice the texture was displaying quite bright, but with these old meshes you kind of let it go and just do what you can to get the result you need.

Can anyone help me spot what I'm missing here, before my brain melts looking at the BSLighterShadingProperty tab again?

Thanks!

hidehelm.zip 295.02 kB · 1 download

hidehelm_go.nif NiTriShapeData's BSVectorFlags is missing "has_tangent" flag (also you need to hit update tangent space after you add it).

Edited by MadMansGun