EA to monitor for Wicked Whims

Saw a post that was from EA saying that if they detect anyone using WW in their game, their account would be banned. How would they know a player is using WW if they are playing offline? I guess if they connected to the Gallery perhaps I'm not sure that they can monitor EVERY account. I'm thinking that this is a scare tactic but not sure. Has anyone else come across anything such as a warning posted on the EA site? The post I saw was from February 8th of this year, so can't really tell if it's been successful or not. Can any of the Admins see if this is true or not? (Not trying to scare anyone, but just wanting to know if it's true or not)

0. Do not talk about hard drive

1. wrong section

2. Do not talk about Hard Drive

3. What happens on your hard drive stays on your hard drive

4. This isn't reddit

5. The content that makes EA's 24 year gender studies marketing major super super queasy oh so uncomfortable oh so problematic oh so yikes wow yikes isn't allowed here and never was and people routinely got banned for trying to push it here.

6. For Ea to be mad at you, they would have to know what's on your hard drive, how did that happen, exactly

7. this isn't reddit

8. this isn't reddit

9. this isn't reddit

10. What happens on your hard drive stays on your hard drive.

2 hours ago, Rikerbabe said:

Saw a post that was from EA saying that if they detect anyone using WW in their game, their account would be banned.

Wasn't it about a mod much worse than WickedWhims?
I think EA could check your mods. A list of actives mods is created when you launch the game. But they would probably need to spend a lot of ressources, and I don't really see the point.
I'm almost certain they were talking about disturbing stuff being uploaded on the gallery.

17 minutes ago, LittleDoxy said:

I'm almost certain they were talking about disturbing stuff being uploaded on the gallery.

I assume and certainly hope so too. It's probably about certain mods adding CP and the like to WickedWhims, I doubt WW alone would be a reason for a ban. And honestly, even though I despise it, even the really nasty stuff shouldn't be a banable offense as long as it only stays on the user's hard drive and won't make it into the gallery and anywhere public. What people do alone with their single player game should be nobody's business as long as no harm is done to anyone else, whatever you think about it, and I'd rather have those people living their fantasies in the Sims than anywhere out on the street. But anyway, if WW alone would be banworthy for EA they'd probably lose half of their player base, and they know that.

Will never happen OP..... think of it like this... sims 4 is how old now? and still making them money.... you really think EA is so stupid that they don't know WW is part of the reason sims 4 still sells? NO EA is banking on the mod creators as much as loverslab does... EA just don't cater to the mod creators like loverslab does.

Now can we stop with all this chicken little talk?

8 hours ago, Rikerbabe said:

Saw a post that was from EA saying that if they detect anyone using WW in their game, their account would be banned. How would they know a player is using WW if they are playing offline? I guess if they connected to the Gallery perhaps I'm not sure that they can monitor EVERY account. I'm thinking that this is a scare tactic but not sure. Has anyone else come across anything such as a warning posted on the EA site? The post I saw was from February 8th of this year, so can't really tell if it's been successful or not. Can any of the Admins see if this is true or not? (Not trying to scare anyone, but just wanting to know if it's true or not)

please avoid misinformation and search for the truth. You just spreading the wrong fake news. It’s really not that hard  to not listen to fake news really. You just have to verify the sources.

Also the post doesn’t say WW at all. 

Edited by Khlas

fake news or not.

Why should they do anything against a 3rd party mod that helps to keep their cash cow alive ? Let´s be honest, which player would still play this game if there are no mods ?
The original EA game play experience is boring as hell.  2 steps backwards compared to Sims 3.

Every time there´s a new update or addon i try to play vanilla gameplay but after 5-10 mins it´s boring as it´s basically always the same and it ends up (again) in f.cking the whole neighbourhood and see who get´s pregnant or not.

?

2 hours ago, Bragos said:

fake news or not.

Why should they do anything against a 3rd party mod that helps to keep their cash cow alive ? Let´s be honest, which player would still play this game if there are no mods ?
The original EA game play experience is boring as hell.  2 steps backwards compared to Sims 3.

Every time there´s a new update or addon i try to play vanilla gameplay but after 5-10 mins it´s boring as it´s basically always the same and it ends up (again) in f.cking the whole neighbourhood and see who get´s pregnant or not.

?

i don’t think fucking children in a game will help them to cash their game. It’s just going to add a bad image to the game. Yes because it’s what’s EA was talking about if you aren’t aware, and I hope you weren’t. Also we aren’t arguing about the utility of having mods in the game but just that OP is spreading misinformation.

All the blabla about EA spying hard drive is not true unless you share more data than you should to them or if you disrespect the rules of the game posting shit on the gallery. they will not ban you for using obscures mods unless you tell everyone that you use them. 

EA for sims always supported mods anyway so I don’t even understand all that fuss. If they disagree to something illegal I mean it’s called logic. 

Edited by Khlas

Many Thanks to Khlas and Turbodriver for the Informations and thanks for clearing up this case.

Rikerbabe, it is always good to discuss a topic here and to inform the community about rumors. Unfortunately, you didn't speak of a rumor, You sold the rumor as a fact. That was unfair to the creators like Turbodriver and all the animation creators.

You said "Saw a post that was from EA saying that if they detect anyone using WW in their game, their account would be banned. " That was not true. You can't have seen a post that didn't exist. There was never a post mentioning WW.

So next time please say you heard of a rumor and not that you saw a post. You didn't step on anyone's feet. It is Turbodriver's duty to redeem its own work if it is put in the wrong light. Many creators live from their Patreon income that they earn with content for WW.

On 11.09.2021 at 04:42, Rikerbabe said:

Извини, что наступил на ногу, просто подумал...Блин...думаю, тогда я просто заткнусь и не буду попадаться на глаза

I READ SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAT EA DOES NOT CHECK MODS BUT I HAVE A GAME IN RUSSIAN MAYBE IN ENGLISH IN SOME OTHER WAY

I am sure that EA would never ban users for using sexual mods. Of course Sims is a game for children and teenagers and of course EA has to distance itself from such mods. But a large proportion of the paying customers are also adults. Adults using adult mods and sexual mods. EA would lose a huge amount of paying customers and revenue if they ban all users of WW and NSFW Mods. 

I have no idea in which official EA source you read this. At least in europe the players own the game like a physical good they buy in a shop. While they could ban a user it would be illegal and they don't want to mess with the EU.
For the US and other states they may ban users. Anyhow after their 'great success' in banning the toddler- and children-add-ons and -creators for WW I think it's a marketing statement. Parents who let play their kids TS4 should be assured that it's a safe game for kids. IRL kids see much more nudity etc.

In any case I highly recommend to block internet access for the TS4 process. This renders the gallery unusable and makes it a little bit harder to upload data to EA or other servers.

EA is not referring to WW here.  Considering the fact that they've dropped a reference or two to WW in the game itself (ex. the "Wicker Whims" hamper from Laundry Day), I think it's safe to say they have no ill feelings towards it. 

The mods in question are ones that rightfully deserve to be banned.