Tales Of Arise [PC] Mods

2 hours ago, Ailong said:

You know, it's a subjective question.

And I don't want to argue
And the answer, in my opinion, can only be given directly by the original content creator who could be applied
The concept of modifying and re-getting money from this
From which the owner of the original content himself actually will receive nothing

It's not really subjective.

You don't have to argue. You asked and I gave an answer to the best of my ability.

Ownership of content is a lot more complicated than you're making it out to be. Does the artist own the content? Usually no. Usually it's owned by the game's publisher, who paid the artist for their time.

As for your last point, that the owner receives no compensation for the content.... why is that only true if the modder charges for it?

Besides, you have to actually buy the game to use mods for it. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on games that I wouldn't have otherwise just because there were some mods I wanted to try. The only way this could be a net loss for the publisher is if they wanted to publish their own nude mod DLC or something.

3 hours ago, Ailong said:

I always thought that
Paid mods are tantamount to piracy
But only the developers of the game can confirm this.
Or any owners of rights to a particular development
How correct are my thoughts

You can just look at Tales of Arise EULA if you're legitimately concerned about what the Rights Owner allows. There are quite a few bits there that to me makes even free mods go against their EULA, such as when it explicitly forbids you to "(iv) modify, alter, or create any derivative works of the Game". That's pretty standard in most games... so I guess you'll also start having a problem with free mods too?

If you're concerned with online piracy in itself, it involves distributing copyrighted material to others without permission, it has no relation to whether or not you're charging for that material (i.e. distributing a cracked copy of Tales of Arise to others is piracy regardless of whether or not you're charging for it). I'd argue that mods doesn't fit well into the definition given how you're running the copyrighted material within the game.

Technically any attempt of profiting off copyrighted material without authorization from the Rights Owner violates the Copyrights Act, which could include paid mods, but it also includes selling fan arts or other merchandise, streaming on twitch or making youtube videos of game, etc. This is rarely enforced by major brands though, with Nintendo being an exception. Do you also have a problem with all of those violations?

From a more ethical point of view, the modder isn't charging you for the copyrighted material but for the service he provided by modifying it. That's not comparable to a potential revenue loss from piracy, we're talking about mods that doesn't compete with anything that Namco is offering, still requires you to pay and consume their content, and if anything, just provides additional value to their game.

Anyway, if this was seen as a legitimate problem by Namco, they're a billionaire multinational company and can stand up for themselves.

I do not know what to say

Except that mods as i games
Which are not made for the sake of earning
Money is a secondary factor
And for the sake of some other motives, in any case, the best is obtained

It is for this reason that I ignore about 90 percent of games from major publishers.

I did my own research on Pateron and it seems that no matter what you do, there is a possibility of money being given or received, so it may be difficult.
Also, just to let you know, I am not going to say anything about the policies of other modders, nor will I discuss the mods themselves. 
I just want to work on a policy of not accepting money.

37 minutes ago, ALALALFA said:

I did my own research on Pateron and it seems that no matter what you do, there is a possibility of money being given or received, so it may be difficult.
Also, just to let you know, I am not going to say anything about the policies of other modders, nor will I discuss the mods themselves. 

You're very respectful person. I love that. :)

1 hour ago, ALALALFA said:

No worries man. Everyone here appreciates and respects what you do. Do what feels right to you.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:14 PM, ALALALFA said:

You're a god amongst modders, thank you for what you do and for taking so many requests in exchange for nothing. Cant believe someone would ask that you stop doing amazing work and start charging instead lol. Thank you for being you. Respects!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 5:36 AM, Fragile Snow said:

Cant believe someone would ask that you stop doing amazing work and start charging instead lol.

Just to be clear, the only reason I brought that up is because he literally stated that he can't keep up with the requests. Charging for requests to me seems like a natural way to keep doing what you like, while getting supported by people who legitimately value your work and are willing to financially support it. Claiming that someones work is good enough to have monetary value is a praise, not an insult.

I understand and respect him being uncomfortable at the idea of charging people, and won't insist on it. It was just an idea to try to make this sustainable (which it isn't according to him) and show respect for his work.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, ALALALFA said:

他のMODと色が被る場合はとりあえずこれで対応できると思います。

If your favorite color is covered by other mods, this will help.

Scarlet→Azure

Blossom → Crimson

Azur → Scarlet

Crimson → Blossom

Chirarism Shionne mini skirt color change.zip 59.85 MB · 195 downloads

Thank you so much for this. Can you make Blossom → Scarlet version too?

I tried to do it myself but as I'm still new to modding, it did not succeed.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, greedo75 said:

Appreciate the file. Although, it didn't seem to work. The book is still there. Put it in the ~mods folder. And then the paks folder. Neither produced the desired result. The book is still visible. 

image.png.aef0db7363ceb4c977b6a5bf51eb9b80.png

If it's the mod I'm thinking of, it only works if you change your weapon/weapon skin to "Artes of the Cosmos"

52 minutes ago, jpackinwood said:

Here's what it looks like on mine:

image.png.d7f171dfcd58fed8576f552e0229d693.png

I've been hitting up every vendor along the way, to craft that "weapon", but none of them offer it. I'm guessing I get it later in the game. I'm currently at level 18. I have not met Kisara yet. I see she's part of your group (in the pic).

5 hours ago, greedo75 said:

I've been hitting up every vendor along the way, to craft that "weapon", but none of them offer it. I'm guessing I get it later in the game. I'm currently at level 18. I have not met Kisara yet. I see she's part of your group (in the pic).

Yeah, I forget exactly when that weapon became available, but it was a bit later, unfortunately.