WW Legacy v3 March 2021 not working on latest Legacy Edition

Hiya, I hope I'm doing this right, I'm very used to discord's rules.

Once the Cottage Living Patch hit, Legacy Edition changed. but EA neglected to let us know what they changed. All I can tell is the version number changed to 1.77.131.1630. I've since updated my game so now it's 1.78.58.1630. WW menus won't show in game. I've tried the following: cleared the localthumbcache - nothing, tried the game with just WW in - nothing, repaired the game - again nothing. I haven't received any LastExceptions regarding this, but can provide if one shows.

I totally understand if a) you're busy or b) you don't want to. But would you be willing to update the Legacy version please?

18 minutes ago, cosmicamos said:

I've added 165i into the game, and i now have an LE and cleanLE, attached both. WW still doesn't show up. EDIT: noticed a WWInfoLog as well so i've inclused it.

lastCleanException.txt 379.64 kB · 0 downloads lastException.txt 1.26 MB · 0 downloads WickedWhimsInfoLog.log 59.2 kB · 0 downloads GameVersion.txt 16 B · 0 downloads

Remove all your mods to Desktop except for Wicked Whims + Animations.

Update MCCC and install that too.

MCCC has better error reporting so upload the MC_lastexception.html file instead.

Don't use any [BB] Better Bodies male parts as only the female top & feet work.

Delete the localthumbcache.pkg again  

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Far as I know this isn't the Legacy Game Version.

You need to use the regular Wicked Whims download version 1.65i.

Yeah, I'm on a Mac that supports Metal and my version, which I just updated two day ago, 1.78.58.1230. The Legacy version has had a way different version number than this. According to the OS version and age of the system, it should be on the Legacy edition, but those numbers don't match.

?

17 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

Yeah, I'm on a Mac that supports Metal and my version, which I just updated two day ago, 1.78.58.1230. The Legacy version has had a way different version number than this. According to the OS version and age of the system, it should be on the Legacy edition, but those numbers don't match.

?

Yes I don't know much about Mac's but by the age it's sounds like it's an old 32 bit system.

If true he will have to remove his Sims 4 version and install Legacy. 

22 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Yes I don't know much about Mac's but by the age it's sounds like it's an old 32 bit system.

If true he will have to remove his Sims 4 version and install Legacy. 

Yeah, if that is the OPs' OS and system age, it wouldn't support the 64 bit version, but the TS4 version would be different. It wouldn't matter with any of the updates past Discover University because the Legacy version wouldn't have anything to do with anything else. You can have 50 updates to the rest of the game, but the Legacy may have one or two or none, Cottage Living would have no effect. I have noticed, and this may be from being on a Mac, that you might say the latest version is whatever.1030 but mine is whatever.1230 even though we patch on the same day. But when the whole Mac conversion from 32 to 64 was going on, if your system wouldn't support 64, you Mac wouldn't update it, so I'm not sure how it would just skip over that rather important detail.

?

2 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

But when the whole Mac conversion from 32 to 64 was going on, if your system wouldn't support 64, you Mac wouldn't update it, so I'm not sure how it would just skip over that rather important detail.

But if you download a cracked game and install it none of that even matters.

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

But if you download a cracked game and install it none of that even matters.

Now that is a good point and is a probable way around it. I don't know if it would still work because of the lack of support on the systems end, you know? 32 bits trying to support 64? Maybe...fuck, I don't know. Did you notice the WWinfolog was different? I've looked at mine and they look like just like what they do for someone on Windows. Trust me, to an extent there are no real difference between the two systems beyond visual and the interface.

?

Apologies for the late response as I have stated, this is a legacy edition game. and no this isn't a pirated copy.

This thread was intended for Turbo Driver or someone who knows what they are doing with legacy games. Ty for your time. I will attempt to contact TD or someone else on discord.

Edited by cosmicamos
4 hours ago, cosmicamos said:

Apologies for the late response as I have stated, this is a legacy edition game. and no this isn't a pirated copy.

This thread was intended for Turbo Driver or someone who knows what they are doing with legacy games. Ty for your time. I will attempt to contact TD or someone else on discord.

No one is accusing you of piracy but your game version is not matching up with what should be a Legacy version number. And when you post in this forum, any number of other users are going to post to help out other users get their game straight, not necessarily Turbo. You can choose to ignore their help and wait for @TURBODRIVER  to see it and help you out. 

WILL ONLINE FEATURES BE AVAILABLE?

The Gallery, game banners, and social features will no longer work with the Legacy Edition. You won’t receive any content or bug fixes, and if you want to buy any other Expansions, Stuff Packs, and Game Packs released before Discover University, you’ll need to do that in the Origin store.

You can still access My Library. To make sure you save all your favorite creations, follow our steps on how to save content from the Gallery to your library.

That is straight off of EAs' page so I'm wondering how there is an update to an edition that the company said will receive no updates. Turbo does have a Legacy version for WW which you have to get from their site, which I'm sure you know, and @Scorpio gave you a good place to start. Again, we were having a discussion not accusing you of anything, just taking notice of oddities with your case. Take it for what it's worth.

?

It does seem very accusatory and I don't know how to prove it to you but well I haven't. I have nearly all the packs (minus Cottage Living and Throwback Fit Kit). However, my monitor died so I am forced to use legacy edition, which did update and I gave u the Game Version number.  However, I am but a random person on the internet, so I don't expect you/anyone to believe me.

Also Legacy Edition did update prior due to some old bugs needing to be fixed, however as you said EA stated they wouldn't update Legacy.

If you check the title of this thread you will find that I used the Legacy Edition of Wicked Whims and its not working. 

To avoid further confusion or frustration, I have privately messaged TD on discord (which at the time of creating this thread I did not know I could do). They stated they would look into the mod not works and see if it needs to be updated.

I do understand they thought process however the regular game doesn't work on the iMac I have tried multiple times to get the regular game to work before finally giving up and digging up my pc out of the closet to work with the regular game as at the time I bought DU before EA said "oh hey yah we can give their money back."

So why would I pirate the game to force it to work. It will either a) just not open or b) send me a notif that I need to get Legacy Edition like Origin does.

MCCC 6.0.0 doesn't give a MC_LastException, that's a new feature.