Hello! 

I have a problem with textures in Riverwood.

The textures of the ground. I never paid attention to them because I thought it was the natural shadow of that part of the road, and because the problem is only very noticeable at night, but only at a certain time of the night. But checking really good ... the textures are actually cut in a triangular and square shape (mesh), they are not black textures nor are they (obviously) blue textures. The surface textures of the ground are cut off and then I can see another texture below, the big and general texture of the game's base terrain:

Spoiler

1.png.ea842c18a16cb3e61bfdd57a5e55635c.png

2.png.8ab6f8bf21671b1bacb133e926a9d2eb.png

3.png.5fe6f60a9bd643bb1380328efa33fa26.png

4.png.569debb57fa6adec1cbf5b0ca2d7b323.png

5.png.7cc6a16da02ff9272f00fb96f13aa45f.png

I use these textures:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/

Now ... As you can see in these screenshots, during the day the problem is almost "invisible". So, I had not noticed it due of that:

Spoiler

6.png.3df5543707b9df3b2a8ebd19ed4de2be.png

7.png.09f522cecb8914379174f52193604e02.png

8.png.b1f86e5e84acbd9935cd5dad464dbb14.png

9.png.ec78377851b8b4c0f01e5b57d72bfaed.png

Can someone explain to me why this happens? Which is the solution? Or is it something '' normal ''?

Thanks. 

Edited by Sneaksmile

Might just be a problem with certain mesh/texture files in Skyrim HD. I've not used that mod for a few years but those sort of things happen with other landscape mods. I seem to recall that I had a similar issue in or around Windhelm with one mod.

Obvious thing would be to try a different one.

What mod are the strap-ons from?

16 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Might just be a problem with certain mesh/texture files in Skyrim HD. I've not used that mod for a few years but those sort of things happen with other landscape mods. I seem to recall that I had a similar issue in or around Windhelm with one mod.

Obvious thing would be to try a different one.

What mod are the strap-ons from?

Hmmm ... I really like those textures. I am not going to change all of them just for those little "holes" in Riverwood. I guess the most logical option would be the Parallax textures, nope? But I already tried them once and I like the Skyrim HD ones more. 

I've been looking for a Mod that will change Riverwood's ground mesh/textures, but I didn't find any mod like that. A mod like this, but only for the ground: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99988?tab=files

You know a mod like that for Riverwood? 

Edited by Sneaksmile

The strapons are a personal mod.

I modified the textures and meshes of the mod '' Skyrim Strapons '', turning all the strapons of that mod into Femdom style strapons.

Spoiler

1.PNG.53d0e7178e98b3f7fb970819e99687aa.PNG

3.PNG.e024c35bed476746ca3ea5a29f35fc5b.PNG

2.PNG.8949b0a9b42eacc26cfb089151eabedd.PNG

4.PNG.4b6fb9c0fb2e9e40477f85075e612340.PNG

5D.PNG.1fa70e81aa664a7b956916ba715d711c.PNG

6.PNG.c03a9726edb7c161cfce1d85db0ad19d.PNG

I have not shared it in public because I do not know if it is ethical. I mean ... due to the modifications I made it, seems like a new mod but it is not new ... I created the textures but not the meshes.

Edited by Sneaksmile

In the case of this image:

5.png.dac37706a9dcb905ff7b078c7f648334.png

I replaced the default strap-on from SexLab (Calyp's strap-on), with the Dwemer strap-on (modified) from Skyrim Strapons mod. But I removed all the straps to the mesh and I just left the dildo mesh. In this way, the strap-on (the dildo) can be used in any suit, clothes, etc ... in the game, like in that black latex suit from the Chapi collection mod, it seems then that it is a suit with an integrated dildo on it. 

Edited by Sneaksmile
6 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

I've been looking for a Mod that will change Riverwood's ground mesh/textures, but I didn't find any mod like that. A mod like this, but only for the ground:

The texture mods don't work like that - look at the folders in the Skyrim HD archive.

6 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

I really like those textures. I am not going to change all of them just for those little "holes" in Riverwood. I guess the most logical option would be the Parallax textures, nope? But I already tried them once and I like the Skyrim HD ones more. 

It is possible to use files from different mods at the same time, I use files from a number of mods (Skyrim HD, Noble Skyrim, Pfuscher, Vivid).

This guy has some good ideas:

https://skyrimscandal.blogspot.com/p/retexture.html?zx=709f459c0421842c

Just had another look at your first screenshot and the issue there appears to be where the road texture meets the texture for the wall.

5 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

I replaced the default strap-on from SexLab (Calyp's strap-on), with the Dwemer strap-on (modified) from Skyrim Strapons mod. But I removed all the straps to the mesh and I just left the dildo mesh. In this way, the strap-on (the dildo) can be used in any suit, clothes, etc ... in the game, like in that black latex suit from the Chapi collection mod, it seems then that it is a suit with an integrated dildo on it.

Thanks.

Most of that is straight over my head but they look great. ?

Two more questions:

1. What ENB do you use?

2. Who is the red haired elf follower at the back of the three?

Edited by Grey Cloud
13 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The texture mods don't work like that - look at the folders in the Skyrim HD archive.

It is possible to use files from different mods at the same time, I use files from a number of mods (Skyrim HD, Noble Skyrim, Pfuscher, Vivid).

This guy has some good ideas:

https://skyrimscandal.blogspot.com/p/retexture.html?zx=709f459c0421842c

Just had another look at your first screenshot and the issue there appears to be where the road texture meets the texture for the wall.

Thanks.

Two more questions:

1. What ENB do you use?

I see. What happens is that I use a Mod that changes the streets of Whiterun because that is perhaps the only texture of Skyrim HD that I do not like. I thought I could do the same with Riverwood 

I should install that guy's Terrain Mod. And see what happens. I will try it. Thanks. 

And yes, especially those '' holes '', come out of the wall to the ground, but it also has little 'holes' in the middle of the road, 2 or 3 of them.  

14 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks.

Two more questions:

1. What ENB do you use?

Oh! Thanks. Generally that kind of femdom stuff, only likes to my followers in my BDSM-Femdom group  lol  

1. SnapDragon, the palette: '' chosen selection '', I think it's called, as I recall. 

2. As I recall, the mod was '' lost '', as often happens with some Mods. I also remember that it was a guy from here (LL) who gave me that mod in private. If you really want 'her', then I can share it by pm. 

Edited by Sneaksmile
1 hour ago, Sneaksmile said:

1. SnapDragon, the palette: '' chosen selection '', I think it's called, as I recall. 

2. As I recall, the mod was '' lost '', as often happens with some Mods. I also remember that it was a guy from here (LL) who gave me that mod in private. If you really want 'her', then I can share it by pm.

I wouldn't have guessed Snapdragon but hey what do I know. I use Bixie myself.

The follower looks vaguely familiar. Does she/did she have a name? I have lots of followers but I can always make room for one more. ?

2 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

I thought I could do the same with Riverwood 

You can-ish. It depends on how the two textures marry up. I use CleverCharff's Whiterun but with the wood from Noble Skyrim. That works because the wood is the wood and the stonework is the stonework. Problems can occur is the, e.g. colour of the stone in the road is different than the colour of the stone at the bottom of the wall or where there is a straight line where two textures meet (as in your two screenies with the green lasso line around the problem).

Lilith.jpg.4bf68c1fb189193788c83265203df33f.jpg

This might be just Noble Skyrim. It's hard to remember as I mess about with things so much.

1916883108_LilM-L1.jpg.d4d39db009f29d6d70e7c6bd9c6da1be.jpg

On 8/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, Grey Cloud said:

I wouldn't have guessed Snapdragon but hey what do I know. I use Bixie myself.

The follower looks vaguely familiar. Does she/did she have a name? I have lots of followers but I can always make room for one more. ?

And why does it surprise you? I have tried 4 or 5 ENB presets and SnapDragon is the one I like the most. For example, ENB RealVision is overly praised for how so ugly it is, because it is only good when there is a lot of sun in the game, but other than that it's really horrible. And another that I thought I would like was 'Bleak' ... I used it for some time but it was so washed out that I ended up getting really bored of it and also it was not that different from the vanilla tone of the game. 

She is named '' Nel ''. 

How many followers do you have? I only have 5 at most, I could have 15 but I feel that after 5 followers the game seems to consume frames because of that, or maybe it is just my impression. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, Grey Cloud said:

You can-ish. It depends on how the two textures marry up. I use CleverCharff's Whiterun but with the wood from Noble Skyrim. That works because the wood is the wood and the stonework is the stonework. Problems can occur is the, e.g. colour of the stone in the road is different than the colour of the stone at the bottom of the wall or where there is a straight line where two textures meet (as in your two screenies with the green lasso line around the problem).

I read very well the page on the link. I mean, the page of the guy you said "Retexture Skyrim". It seems that the problem is that ... in that part of Riverwood, in addition to the textures (mesh) being cut, they also have a bad alpha transparency and therefore they look so square and triangular, and they do not fade with the general base texture of the game, as in all other parts of the game. And I really don't have time to fix that, nor do I care to fix it, I have much more important things to do or modify in the game than to do that ... I thought there was another simpler solution, like using the mods of road suggested by the guy in that page ... I tried 2 mods that change all the roads in Skyrim but the same thing keeps happening. The ''holes'' do not disappear.  

Edited by Sneaksmile

@Grey Cloud The simplest solution I found ... was to copy surrounding meshes-textures and cover the ''holes'' with it, in addition to putting stones, vegetation, lamps, and other decorations, using Jaxonz Positioner, and it actually looked great!! And the best of all is that I did not have to change the textures that I like  :3

Thanks for the help, Cloud Boy. 

Edited by Sneaksmile

And why does it surprise you?

Just that the 'image' of Snapdragon I have in my head is something a lot more colour saturated. ?‍♂️

How many followers do you have?

I have 260 actually in the game. The most I have had with me is 72. The game was still playable at that point but it was a royal pain in the proverbial getting into and out of walled settlements and buildings etc.

I don't recognise the name 'Nel' though.

1736676851_Farewell1.thumb.jpg.178348a24de958b70624aed14ed883c0.jpg

1905128552_Nohuntingbows.thumb.jpg.afaee7ddab2a599a782a968c655cb6ba.jpg

@Grey Cloud The simplest solution I found ... was to copy surrounding meshes-textures and cover the ''holes'' with it, in addition to putting stones, vegetation, lamps, and other decorations, using Jaxonz Positioner, and it actually looked great!! And the best of all is that I did not have to change the textures that I like  :3

Thanks for the help, Cloud Boy. 

Interesting solution that I would never have thought of. ?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Just that the 'image' of Snapdragon I have in my head is something a lot more colour saturated. ?‍♂️

I have 260 actually in the game. The most I have had with me is 72. The game was still playable at that point but it was a royal pain in the proverbial getting into and out of walled settlements and buildings etc.

I don't recognise the name 'Nel' though.

Hide contents

There are a palettes from that ENB preset that are really saturated in color but I don't like them at all lol. So, I selected a slightly washed out but not as much as Bleak ENB, but in certain places or times of the day is seen with much color, especially reflective color ... I mean ... if the moon in that moment is purple color, that color of the light (purple) is projected a lot throughout the environment.

Now, yours (ENB) it's for real a color saturation. LOL 

I have installed about 30 followers, but I have with me a maximum of 5, once I have had 10 with me but I think that it is not visually enjoyable, 6 at least fall far behind each other and a lot far of me most of the time.

Like I said, I can share her (Nel) by pm, to people who really want that follower. As I said it is a '' lost '' mod, maybe it can no longer be found on the web. And in fact, she is one of the most beautiful elf NPCs, perhaps the most beautiful elf girl.   

Edited by Sneaksmile
19 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

Now, yours (ENB) it's for real a color saturation. LOL

Bixie isn't saturated, it's bright which my 64 year old eyes like. The blue in the screenshot of Whiterun only happens at certain times of the day and is largely down to CleverCharff's textures. If you look at the two follower screenshots there isn't anything overly colourful.

I'd appreciate the Nel follower, thanks.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Interesting solution that I would never have thought of. ?

I am a smart girl, yep. But also, I can't spend time fixing that in another more complex way or doing what the "Retexture Skyrim" guy does, but that does not mean I'm saying it's not good, but I prefer to do other things, as the femdom strapons. 

Edited by Sneaksmile
12 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Bixie isn't saturated, it's bright which my 64 year old eyes like. The blue in the screenshot of Whiterun only happens at certain times of the day and is largely down to CleverCharff's textures. If you look at the two follower screenshots there isn't anything overly colourful.

I'd appreciate the Nel follower, thanks.

You are 64 years old and you are still playing video games? Cool! I hope I can too at that age

How old were you when you started playing Skyrim?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sneaksmile said:

If you are only playing games about your age ..I think I will not risk chatting privately with a kid.

I'm not joking about my age but you can keep the follower, I don't want to risk chatting privately with someone who takes 3 weeks to respond and isn't half as smart as they think they are.

On 9/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, Grey Cloud said:

I'm not joking about my age but you can keep the follower, I don't want to risk chatting privately with someone who takes 3 weeks to respond and isn't half as smart as they think they are.

It's that I spend most of my time at MeWe. I have many social networks. And I only remember LL when I play video games, and sometimes I don't play much 

And I was just playing. You are 64 years old, I do not know why you are ashamed of your age but at the same time you put that signature about the old people 

On 01.09.2021 at 01:05, Grey Cloud said:

Просто то, что у меня в голове «образ» Snapdragon, гораздо более насыщенный по цвету. ?‍♂️

У меня в игре 260 штук. Максимум, что у меня было, - 72. На тот момент в игру все еще можно было играть, но это была королевская боль из-за пресловутой пословицы входить и выходить из окруженных стенами поселений, зданий и т. Д.

Но я не узнаю имя «Нел».

Скрыть содержимое

it's too much.

1 hour ago, Sneaksmile said:

And I was just playing. You are 64 years old, I do not know why you are ashamed of your age but at the same time you put that signature about the old people

And I was correct about you not being half as smart as you think you are. I am not in the least bit ashamed of my age never have been at any age and there is absolutely nothing about old people in my signature.