tbh, not that I'm careless about FNIS, but I don't even think about it anymore. FNIS is set with the gender specific animations, skeleton arm fix and .hkx compatibility checked to cover any associated need, and in vortex set to automatically run in the background during the game deployment process each time a new mod is installed (or uninstalled), IFF any indication of such a need is detected (so far vortex has done a darned good job at managing things). And if an error is detected during FNIS processing or otherwise, I'm alerted. This latter part, well it's so rare I don't recall the last time something got mucked up, at least in FNIS.  (problems I usually run into are - I think - due to me running SKSE64 2.0.17 vs 2.0.19 and sometimes installing newer armor/clothing mods that rely on a more current reference body model (I'm still on 3BBB 1.3.8 and an old BHUNP as well), not being up to date on the USSEP, and , no intended offense to mod authors, slightly sketchy behaviors in some WIP or very old mods). 

Edited by anjenthedog

re: body and clothes, I specifically mean reference body mesh problems/issues with clothing/armor, not animation issues. They still bouncy bounce and wubba just fine. Just not with the right body  while wearing them. And with the ref body "zeroed out". As I noted, I have the standard checkboxes enabled in FNIS. And no protests so far, no.  Bodies work just fine too. Just not as snazzy as the current standards for CBBe-3BBB and BHUNP, which I've heard are working much better, and from changelogs show massive improvements in sliders.  I just don't want to lose my current fem character or the three most "special" followers I've laboriously replicated from UNP beginnings,  using the current body models, and the faq for both implies that I'll have to dump all my present presets both for bodyslide and for racemenu, which for now is more than I'm willing to pursue. I wish there was a way of converting my current work to the new models, but wishes and horses...I'll get to it, but not now. And hunting down the 2.017 dependent mod(s) is another I just don't want to chase. 

PS. for now the clothing/armor that doens't work as expected just gets uninstalled, because until I get things sorted out with CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP, having them is pointless, since i won't use them

Edited by anjenthedog