Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

You only have the "won't remember even past a save" issue since the latest version and it would remember your settings with previous versions, or you the latest release is the first one you downloaded?

Actually I haven't used your mod before it's current version, so I don't know if it would have remembered my settings before.

Naw, just trying to rule out something being different with this version versus previous versions with regards to the hotkey itself, which there shouldn't be.

Then something is not working right on my end i was jumped by 5 enemies and all that happened was i get beaten down and some of my stuff stolen then nothing. i do have 3way animation enabled under sexlab mcm options and 3 way does work but only when 2 npc's are still alive.

Hrm, well, best I can do is run through Helgen a few more times, round up a bunch of bandits, then try to make friends and see if I can get the same to happen.

Edit: Oh wait, I just thought of something.  Are you sure there were no "red" dots anywhere on your radar?  If you are "in combat", then any stage that hasn't happened yet will abort so that you aren't stuck in the middle of a gangbang or something while getting attacked by a bear or something ridiculous.

That's the only other thing that comes to mind.

So even enemy far away are detected by this system ?? yes i do have ASIS witch will make some creature flee when there health is low and they could be moving away but still considered red. I will have to check this again. Thanks for pointing this out.

So even enemy far away are detected by this system ?? yes i do have ASIS witch will make some creature flee when there health is low and they could be moving away but still considered red. I will have to check this again. Thanks for pointing this out.

Basically, I do a check, I believe it's something like game.GetPlayer().IsInCombat() or something to decide to abort each stage as it progresses.

And while any NPC within 250 units should drop aggro, things without the ActorTypeNPC keyword aren't affected, as surrendering to a bear will still get your face eaten. :P

here's a more detailed explanation

1. i'm also experiencing the reselect hotkey every time the game loads, even if i play then decide to load a save

2. the PC is killed by the beatdown animation, yes it acts as a killmove, forcing a reload of the last save - related to the player submit function

3. using the submit shout on an enemy, he's about 50% health left, disarms him, but he still stays aggressive, in combat, i had to use calm on him, the option appeared to make him submit, but it went to the point where they were supposed to get it on, then the script stopped or froze i don't know, they just didn't proceed to the eyecandy, had to talk to the npc again, which then worked but he was calmed, after the effected ended he resumed attacking me butt naked.

4. i am using SL framework 1.11b, and i did use a clean save...

So I installed the latest version and gave it a whirl.

The surrender worked fine (when I remembered to tick a 3-some in sexlabe aggressive), the grapple submit was a little odd though. I tried it on the last thug (the 3 that get send to teach you a lesson for stealing) and he succeeded (rolled a 97% lucky bastard). so he was still in combat with me, but he didnt make any attacks against me and his hammer kept turning around every few seconds so sometimes the hammer head would point towards himself. When the button had come off cooldown, I tried again and this time everything worked fine.

This did remind me of the weirdness with the super low level bandits that wouldnt submit.

So I installed the latest version and gave it a whirl.

The surrender worked fine (when I remembered to tick a 3-some in sexlabe aggressive), the grapple submit was a little odd though. I tried it on the last thug (the 3 that get send to teach you a lesson for stealing) and he succeeded (rolled a 97% lucky bastard). so he was still in combat with me, but he didnt make any attacks against me and his hammer kept turning around every few seconds so sometimes the hammer head would point towards himself. When the button had come off cooldown, I tried again and this time everything worked fine.

This did remind me of the weirdness with the super low level bandits that wouldnt submit.

Hrm, when they resist, both you and your opponent should "stagger" away from each other, but beyond that, I've never experienced my opponent's weapon going all wonky.  Not exactly sure what would be causing that. :-/

here's a more detailed explanation

1. i'm also experiencing the reselect hotkey every time the game loads, even if i play then decide to load a save

2. the PC is killed by the beatdown animation, yes it acts as a killmove, forcing a reload of the last save - related to the player submit function

3. using the submit shout on an enemy, he's about 50% health left, disarms him, but he still stays aggressive, in combat, i had to use calm on him, the option appeared to make him submit, but it went to the point where they were supposed to get it on, then the script stopped or froze i don't know, they just didn't proceed to the eyecandy, had to talk to the npc again, which then worked but he was calmed, after the effected ended he resumed attacking me butt naked.

4. i am using SL framework 1.11b, and i did use a clean save...

1. Sorry.  I'll fix it as soon as I figure out what I'm doing wrong. :(
  2. Yeah, I don't know what would be causing that your character to be getting killed, as that has never happened to me since I first got the surrender to work. I don't suppose you have changed any settings that could affect how fast things are done in the game, so maybe the (I believe it's) ~2.2sec I time the killmove to abort it earlier is too much?  Dunno.  I can add the same MCM option to that disables the beatdown portion of the Shout to the Surrender, that's probably about all I can do since I can't reproduce your issue.
  3. Out of curiosity, have you tried using the MCM to turn off the Disarm feature that was added to the Shout?  Since it sounds like that is the point where things break, and you are also having issues with the Surrender at essentially the same point, I am curious if the Shout plays out like it used to, without the Disarm, if they will then properly drop aggro.
  4. That shouldn't have any bearing, as I ran this both before and after upgrading to 1.11b.  The only thing of note is that upgrading resets all aggressive animations checked to default, which means by default there are no 3-way animations available.  I think I will ask Ashal to make at least one of them checked by default for the future.

1. np, will wait for it

2. i'm gonna fiddle more with it to see if can provide more info, but no didn't mess with anything, timescale is default, other than that nothing, didn't use any kind of console commands or mod induced commands, i am using The Dance of Death mod, could that be an issue?

3. the breaking part as in no proceeding was a one time only, however the npc doesn't seem to stop combat, he's not in a state i can initiate dialogue with him, i use either shout or grapple, my PC punches him in the face, the npc drops in a brief bleedout state, then tumbles over (ragdoll?), then he gets up, on the hud display he's still a red dot, sometimes just resumes attacking, sometimes doesn't attack but still moves around the PC as if it wants to attack and sometimes stops but while still being a red dot on the hud so i can't "talk". >.>

EDIT: don't know how i obtained the above, but most of the time, i shout, the npc drops to the bleedout states, says "I give up, you win" immediately followed by a taunt or i think it's the message acknowledgement that i'm being targeted, "i think you're lost, friend" or "Never should have come here", so i guess the npc does break combat but resumes it very quickly, he gets up and resumes attacking for a few seconds only to be interrupted by playing the wipe forehead animation, then stops but is still a red dot

4. ok, then this is cleared, i modified the settings to be compatible, but i didn't test the 3-way, so far is just the PC and a bandit marauder

1. np, will wait for it

2. i'm gonna fiddle more with it to see if can provide more info, but no didn't mess with anything, timescale is default, other than that nothing, didn't use any kind of console commands or mod induced commands, i am using The Dance of Death mod, could that be an issue?

3. the breaking part as in no proceeding was a one time only, however the npc doesn't seem to stop combat, he's not in a state i can initiate dialogue with him, i use either shout or grapple, my PC punches him in the face, the npc drops in a brief bleedout state, then tumbles over (ragdoll?), then he gets up, on the hud display he's still a red dot, sometimes just resumes attacking, sometimes doesn't attack but still moves around the PC as if it wants to attack and sometimes stops but while still being a red dot on the hud so i can't "talk". >.>

4. ok, then this is cleared, i modified the settings to be compatible, but i didn't test the 3-way, so far is just the PC and a bandit marauder

I use TDoD as well, so that shouldn't be it.

Are you sure there is nothing else around you?  Even though the aggression is set to 0 and they are told to stopcombat(), if they have a friendly faction member nearby attacking you, they will resume, as intended.

Other than that, I don't know, I haven't been able to reproduce this.

right so, i did a clean save and i had all them problems, now i started new game and the player submit works fine, gonna see how the other things work, gonna edit this post

Edit: yes everything is working, but i have to start a new game AGAIN, do you know i didn't even complete Skyrim once since it was released?

You said you won't be messing too much with the player submit, but i dunno, it'd be nice to be able to toggle 3-way on/off, for me the animation still needs polishing, it's misaligned and things don't go where they're supposed to >.>, i'd prefer having a configurable number take turns i guess, 3 default? -> it's a suggested option, you DON'T HAVE to do anything, you already assimilated some stuff i posted a while back so now i just threw this out here

i was getting this 2 but as soon as i put this mob and some other sexlab mob real close to the top right below the esm's then all i had to do was set the hotkey one time and it stayed there after save and relaod and that seem to fix the save and relaods but if i put it back to where boss put it it would make me have to reset it after relaods agin so i leave it up ny the esm's

not know if this helps or not but thought it would help with the having to reset the hotkey on reloads

i was getting this 2 but as soon as i put this mob and some other sexlab mob real close to the top right below the esm's then all i had to do was set the hotkey one time and it stayed there after save and relaod and that seem to fix the save and relaods but if i put it back to where boss put it it would make me have to reset it after relaods agin so i leave it up ny the esm's

not know if this helps or not but thought it would help with the having to reset the hotkey on reloads

That's interesting.  As I've said, I have Submit as 3rd in my load order after the .ESM's and I don't have the "won't remember past saves", so not sure, that might be a workaround for others until I figure out the underlying issue with the Hotkey.

right so, i did a clean save and i had all them problems, now i started new game and the player submit works fine, gonna see how the other things work, gonna edit this post

Edit: yes everything is working, but i have to start a new game AGAIN, do you know i didn't even complete Skyrim once since it was released?

You said you won't be messing too much with the player submit, but i dunno, it'd be nice to be able to toggle 3-way on/off, for me the animation still needs polishing, it's misaligned and things don't go where they're supposed to >.>, i'd prefer having a configurable number take turns i guess, 3 default? -> it's a suggested option, you DON'T HAVE to do anything, you already assimilated some stuff i posted a while back so now i just threw this out here

I'm sorry, the best I can suggest is to uninstall the mod from an existing save, save it, then reinstall the mod.  But since you can't make proper clean saves with Skyrim because they retain script ghosts even once the original mod has been removed, I can't promise that will help.  But that's something inherent to Skyrim, and nothing myself or any modder can do. Sorry. :(

For what it's worth, I feel your pain, I restarted my own play sessions having completed every "faction" quest chain and was finally about to start the main quest when I restarted after I began work on this mod.  I've currently only completed the Companions and am working on the Thieve's Guild now.  And it took my ~5 years or so before I finally sat down and finished Oblivion's main quest.  I had Skyrim already before I decided maybe I should actually beat Oblivion at least once.

As to the 3-way, I suppose I can add an MCM option to limit it to only 2-way positions, but that will be low priority for now, as the fault there is the animations simply need tweaking, not that they are non-functional.  As it is, the 3-way only trigger if there are 2+ aggressors.  It will be a simple 2-way if it's only 1 aggressor.

First priorities are honest to goodness mod breaking bugs, like the one pointed out earlier where if you try to do the Ambush while unarmed your camera gets stuck, and of course, THAT GOD DAMNED HOTKEY! :angry:

Ok so load order does seems to matter, as it is stated above in the thread I move the esp a the top of my load order, loaded  my game where the hotkey wouldn't stick, pick a new one, save then reload, it works, I close my my game and reload, it works again, kill myself, it works again.

I'm no modder so I have no clue as what is going on, but moving an esp up a list isn't really an issue, so I guess for all people having this issue it would be worth a try, and if does work for eveyone, I guess putting a heads up on the first post could avoy having to post a hotfix.

Ok so load order does seems to matter, as it is stated above in the thread I move the esp a the top of my load order, loaded  my game where the hotkey wouldn't stick, pick a new one, save then reload, it works, I close my my game and reload, it works again, kill myself, it works again.

I'm no modder so I have no clue as what is going on, but moving an esp up a list isn't really an issue, so I guess for all people having this issue it would be worth a try, and if does work for eveyone, I guess putting a heads up on the first post could avoy having to post a hotfix.

I already did as such, for that very reason! :)

There is no question there is an underlying problem with the Hotkey.  It should work immediately upon installation of the mod, default to Numpad7.  There should be no requirement to go into the MCM and manually fiddling with it.  You should be able to install it, load any game, push Numpad7, and then watch that glorious cloud shoot out and piss people off!

The very fact that is not the case means there is a problem with how I implemented it, but that alone seemed like such a very minor thing, so okay, you have to set it once, fine, do it move on.  As such, I relegated it to a low priority because it was a one time nuisance and that was it.

However, the people that had to do it EVERY time they loaded a save game?  Yeah, that pretty much raises the nuisance level up to a point where the mod is unplayable due to more trouble than it's worth, and that is a big problem.  I had no idea load order was an issue, nor why it is, but I have stated that I had all Sexlab mods loaded very early in my load order, shortly after the ESM's and SkyUI, and I haven't had that issue.

I'm glad there seems to be a workaround for those suffering from this.  Hopefully, properly implementing the Hotkey to simply work directly off installing like it was intended will fix the "not remember" issue as well as those having problems using this mod with a game controller.

Hello i found a bug if you use the submit ambush without weapon the camera is stuck.

Okay, I was able to reproduce this, but only if you have nothing in either hand AND you don't have your hands up.  And when the sex scene ends, you get camera control back.

Basically, it's really something from the Framework that does not automatically sheathe your weapon in time for the camera to get locked, so I tried to do it for the player.  And since there are so many variations that could come up, I tried to account for them all, but obviously missed the completely unarmed scenario.  I'll try to add that in tonight.

I can confirm as a person with the never saves hotkey issue, that moving it up in the load order allows the hotkey to save.

Glad to hear there is at least a workaround for the time being.  I hate to think people are being turned off the mod simply because it too much of a bloody nuisance to use. :(

I mean, if they simply didn't like how I approached certain aspects, that's cool, I can respect that.  But for them to like it but unable or unwilling to play it without being annoyed would be shameful!

(This doesn't mean I don't plan on addressing the Hotkey, I'm just glad there is a workaround for now.)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I Spent the entire night so far about ready to go grab my bottle of whiskey out and join Ashal in an alcohol fueled stupor because I couldn't get the mother fucking Hotkey to just WORK by default...

I took Dual Wield Parry, loaded it up simultaneously with my mod, and then point by point, line by line, alias by alias, script by script, making sure I set mine up like they set theirs up.  And there were a few things I did differently originally, so I said, fuck it, mine is obviously wrong, I'll copy the format of what works, right?

Still nothing... loaded up an older saved game from before I had manually set the Hotkey, pushed the button, nothing happened. :angry:

Tried several more times, compared notes, tried several more times, compared more notes, pushed the button, nothing happened. :@

Got ready to throw my keyboard out the fucking window in a nerd rage, then I had an idea...

I took one of my oldest save games that never had the Hotkey manually set, pushing it did nothing.  Saved it to a second save slot so I had two identical ones to compare against each other.  I then closed out, disabled my mod, reloaded the copy of that save game.  Checked MCM to make sure, yep, mod was gone.  Saved, quit out.  Reactivated my mod, moved it back to the top of the load order, restarted.  Reloaded that "clean saved" copy of that old save game...

...AND THE FUCKER WORKED.  SHOUTED LIKE A CHAMP WITHOUT HAVING TO MANUALLY SET IT!

And it did so on two completely separate older saved game files from before I even manually set the Hotkey.  Did a clean save of the file with the mod disabled, re-enabled, relaunched, Hotkey worked by default.

So I've been spending about 2 hours in futile testing not wondering what the hell was wrong, because dammit I copied the structure of DWP, and it should work, just to find out THAT was the problem.

So, the good news is that I think I might have addressed the problem to why the Hotkey has never worked without first being manually set.  The bad news is that if you've used my mod, apparently, you won't see this unless you have a clean save from before using the mod, or do a clean save of a file since installing the mod.

There's one or two other separate minor things I want to try to address first, such as the H2H locking camera during the sex scenes, but after that, I'm going to be updating this fix tonight, and hopefully I can put this god damn Hotkey nonsense to rest.

@dkatryl:

I have a mod from the Nexus called Screenshot Assist, and I'm experiencing the same problem with that mod; Most if not the entire MCM page for that mod is just a list of the features and an area to rebind the keys for each thing, and here's the thing... the mod was working just fine at first, no matter how many new games or saves or reloads, I've never had to rebind the keys, not to mention I've never actually changed the keys to something else... And then at some point, I can't remember when or where, but it stopped working and ever since... I have to manually take one of the features from that mod in MCM and rebind the same key for all the rest of them to work properly. -I think- it started when I installed or upgraded a mod, but really, no clue.

-Now what you're saying is... what? Your mod started working properly after reworking on the scripts, or did simply moving your mod up in your load order fixed it? Or both? Because that SSA mod I was talking about is pretty low in my load order, and I have quite a few mods, a lot of which are scripted.

-Note: I know this entire message has little to do with your mod but, nothing else to say about it honestly, your mod is great :P I believe I've already said it a few pages back, but there!

There was apparently a two fold problem:

1. Despite the Hotkey being set to Numpad7 by default, you had to manually set the key to something, even if you wanted to use Numpad7 like me, before it would work.  However, once you did so and saved your game, it would then remember that setting from any point going forward.
  2. Some people were experiencing an issue where, despite manually setting it, it would forget its setting with EVERY load, so they would have to manually set it EVERY time they loaded.

#2 was discovered to be related to the load order, although I am not sure how or why.  I know I personally have Submit as the #2 or 3 mod after the .ESM's, only SkyUI (required for MCM) and another Sexlab mod before it.  I suspect it may just be a case where MCM based mods need to be moved near the top of the load order?  Not sure what's up with that, other than from all reports it seemed to resolve #2 for those that were fighting it.

#1 was entirely on my end.  I guess in an effort to streamline the amount of scripts and files for the mod, I though I could combine a few, and apparently, that was a BIG FAT NO-NO!  So I had to break down one script into two, add something to an alias, add another quest update thingy or something, etc.  Then after doing a clean save, the hotkey worked by default like it should have all along.

So, #1 fixed the issue with my mod not working right out of the box, so to speak, #2 was fixed by moving the load order higher.  In answer to your issue with your respective mods, it sounds like you should move them up higher in the load order, I would recommend shortly after SkyUI, which can be the first one after your .ESM's

During the last 2 weeks while I was testing out the developer versions of sexlab I have had many, many clean saves and it didnt make a bit of difference for me regarding your mod. however, all the sexlab mods would obviously end up last in my load order when I reinstalled them and thats at least part of the problem.

Oh, okay I understand now. I'll give the load order work-around a shot :) Thanks!

@Crate123: No, I think the clean-save part of what he said has to do with his modification to the scripting. Making a clean save to fix a problem that has always been there from day 1 is not going to do anything :P The load order though... that's probably it.

Hello i found a bug if you use the submit ambush without weapon the camera is stuck.

This is turning out to be quite an annoying little one to fix.  It's like even though the animation shows you with your hands up, it acts like you are.

Since this only affects the actual sex scenes, and the camera control is restored after wards, it looks like I won't be getting this one fixed tonight, since I want to get the Hotkey fix up tonight.

Before I do that, I need to spend some time making sure some things I was trying with Aliases earlier didn't break anything with the Player Surrender, etc.