Voice Files for Laura's Bondage Shop 3.21 SE

Voice Files for Laura's Bondage Shop 3.21 SE

View File

About This File

A step by step guide located here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/172893-a-guide-to-downloading-and-extracting-7zip-multi-part-archives-on-loverslab/

5 file multi-part archive

Voice pack for Laura's Bondage Shop located:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6949-devious-devices-lauras-bondage-shop-2-oct-2020-v321/

This archive only:

NOTE: Screenshot below shows files as created by me.

LoversLab forum software may rename by adding a long number plus the underscore character "_" to the front.

If that happens you will be required to change the filenames back!

Installation:

1. Download all files to a working folder

2. Rename the files if required {see NOTE: above}

3. Right-click .001 file and select "Extract Files" from 7Zip menu

4. Right-click folder that is created and select "Add to Archive" from 7Zip menu

5. Install resulting folder as you would any mod

image.png

image.png

For update 1.0.0.1:

image.png.47a8a63a55aac0a4731283e237672c1f.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/01/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    7Zip, Skyrim SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

I'm sorry to be that person, but it seems that a) I'm doing something wrong or b) There's something up with the files. I followed the instructions but get "Unexpected end to file" error when unpacking. M apologies in advance if it's user error on my end.

2 minutes ago, mindgame said:

I'm sorry to be that person, but it seems that a) I'm doing something wrong or b) There's something up with the files. I followed the instructions but get "Unexpected end to file" error when unpacking. M apologies in advance if it's user error on my end.

From the first post

First of all, thanks a lot for releasing and updating these voice packs.

1. Personally, I wouldn't mind (additional) filehoster links like mega, which can be used in downloader apps like jDownloader and are just one file. I have no problem renaming the xxx_whatever.000 files and merging them - an external single file link would be less prone to naming problems and just convenient because you seem to keep 'em coming (thanks again!).

2. Out of pure curiosity, I have no clue about modding: Why are these archives that large? Seems odd becaause they are just voice files - is the bethesda engine enforcing this, or are you going for ultimate quality?

3. Last not least, I humbly suggest naming the archives including the version number of the base mod like _v1.01, and maybe even a date tag like _210801 - otherwise it is bound (pun intended) to become confusion after updates of either the update or the voice packs.

9 hours ago, mindgame said:

The .005 part is misnamed, it includes an ' ... rename this part according to the other .00x parts and it should work. Seems to be a common problem atm:

Edited by BillyG
59 minutes ago, BillyG said:

First of all, thanks a lot for releasing and updating these voice packs.

1. Personally, I wouldn't mind (additional) filehoster links like mega, which can be used in downloader apps like jDownloader and are just one file. I have no problem renaming the xxx_whatever.000 files and merging them - an external single file link would be just convenient because you seem to keep 'em coming ?

2. Out of pure curiosity, I have no clue about modding: Why are these archives that large? Seems odd becaause they are just voice files - is the bethesda engine enforcing this, or are you going for ultimate quality?

1. Mega/MediaFire/whoever not dependable, just check recent posts in Devious Devices 5.1 SE

I have a solution for that with multi-part archives hosted on LoversLab, any objections to that can be spoken to the rosy red item located directly behind me.

Subject not open to negotiation

2. It's as large as it needs to be. Think you can do a better job, have at it.

P.S. If you can do a better job, by all means go for it. In the mean time quit with the "Arm-chair Quarterback" routine

36 minutes ago, judge007 said:

2. It's as large as it needs to be. Think you can do a better job, have at it.

P.S. If you can do a better job, by all means go for it. In the mean time quit with the "Arm-chair Quarterback" routine

I am very sorry to have offended you, that wasn't my intention - I was simply trying to give some humble user feedback, and I'm happy to stop doing that. Thanks a lot for doing these excellent voice packs!

Concerning the technical question, as I tried to mention it's simply curiosity, and I did mention I have no experience modding myself. Thanks again for your great work.

Edited by BillyG
43 minutes ago, judge007 said:

1. Mega/MediaFire/whoever not dependable, just check recent posts in Devious Devices 5.1 SE

I have a solution for that with multi-part archives hosted on LoversLab,

@judge007 I really appreciate your use of 7-zip multi-part archives. I agree with you completely about the problems with using Mega and Mediafire.

I wish other mod authors here on LL also made their large mods available from LL as 7-zip multi-part archives.

5 minutes ago, BillyG said:

Thanks a lot for doing these excellent voice packs!

Yes, indeed. @judge007 is doing tremendous work and sharing with the LL community. Much appreciated! ❤️

I had a devil of a time downloading/installing these files;  kept getting invalid 7z file errors.  I finally realized that the cause was that the file names between the five files were different, one from the other.

To get the zip reconstruction to work I had to first:  remove the number string at the beginning of each file, leaving the file name to start with "Lauras".

Second:  remove ALL the spaces in any name that had spaces in it (one did).

Third:  Make sure that the file name of each file reads as "LaurasBondageShop_Voice.7z.nnnn    (the "nnnn" being the number string of the respective file, i.e, 001, 002, 003, etc.

Once done, run (by double-clicking) "LaurasBondangeShop_Voice.7z.001.   7zip should open without errors and let you save the extracted file to whatever you choose to call it;  I called it "LaurasBondangeShop_Voice.7z.

Now you have an acceptable archive.  The file should contain only a .bsa file and a meta.ini file.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rynnes Master
12 minutes ago, Rynnes Master said:

I had a devil of a time downloading/installing these files;  kept getting invalid 7z file errors.  I finally realized that the cause was that the file names between the five files were different, one from the other.

To get the zip reconstruction to work I had to first:  remove the number string at the beginning of each file, leaving the file name to start with "Lauras".

Second:  remove ALL the spaces in any name that had spaces in it (one did).

Third:  Make sure that the file name of each file reads as "LaurasBondageShop_Voice.7z.nnnn    (the "nnnn" being the number string of the respective file, i.e, 001, 002, 003, etc.

Once done, run (by double-clicking) "LaurasBondangeShop_Voice.7z.001.   7zip should open without errors and let you save the extracted file to whatever you choose to call it;  I called it "LaurasBondangeShop_Voice.7z.

Now you have an acceptable archive.  The file should contain only a .bsa file and a meta.ini file.

Hope this helps.

My, did you bother to read the first post, you know, the one where the first link was a step by step guide with screenshots?

The one that says exactly what you just said?

I am fully aware of how the process works.

22 minutes ago, Rynnes Master said:

I was trying to be helpful should anyone else run into the issue(s) I did.  I'm terribly sorry if you have sensitive toes.  I'll try harder next time to step in a different direction.

Do realize how you sound repeating the information from the first post, that you didn't bother to read?

Condescending as hell.

34 minutes ago, LadyMikoto said:

I installed as instructed, but isn't there supposed to be an .esp file alongside the .bsa and the meta? The other voice packs I installed (Cursed Loot and Pet Project) both had .esp files and they work just fine.

Laura's Bondage Shop doesn't have a BSA on it's own, so this will work.

17 minutes ago, Jgoftl said:

I've tried following all instructions, everything renamed as needed and still get "Can not open the file as [7z] archive Unexpected end of data"

The files are workable and can be used, because they worked for me.

Did you try to open the .001 file? After renaming the files, you want to open the .001 file.

It can be more difficult to ensure that all the files follow the same naming pattern if you use longer file names.

You could try renaming all 5 files to very simple names, in order to ensure that all the names are the same, such as:

a.7z.001

a.7z.002

a.7z.003

a.7z.004

a.7z.005

I hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Herowynne said:

The files are workable and can be used, because they worked for me.

Did you try to open the .001 file? After renaming the files, you want to open the .001 file.

It can be more difficult to ensure that all the files follow the same naming pattern if you use longer file names.

You could try renaming all 5 files to very simple names, in order to ensure that all the names are the same, such as:

a.7z.001

a.7z.002

a.7z.003

a.7z.004

a.7z.005

I hope that helps!

Yes I tried opening the 001 file. Apparently I left too much on the names. Removing additional excess fixed the problem.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Laura's Bondage Shop V3.30 is out. Is this still compatible?

General comment to all of your voice packs: is it possible to let the voice synthesizer read differently spelled words so that they sound right?

Example: currently the word "naked" is spoken like the word "baked" with n instead of b. Maybe you could fool the software by let it read "nay kett". Then it would sound right.

Another example "OK" sounds like "Ock". Let it read "oh kay" then it should be fine.

Edited by Grumbrum
43 minutes ago, Grumbrum said:

Laura's Bondage Shop V3.30 is out. Is this still compatible?

No - this mod includes a modified version of the .esp. At best, you would still be playing 3.21 with a bunch of unused assets; at worst, things would be broken because the scripts are looking for records that don't exist.

Best to wait for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gudulba said:

As already V3.32 of Laura's Bondage Shop is out: would it be possible to create a voice pack which doesn't replace the original mod's ESP? That way the voice pack wouldn't have to be constantly updated following the mod, would it?

You do not need to use the ESP provided by the voice pack. The voice pack works fine with the ESP from Laura's Bondage Shop.

I am currently using this voice pack (without the voice pack's ESP file) together with Laura's Bondage Shop 3.32, and it works great!

The voice pack's ESP file only made a change to add a voice type to the Laura NPC, so that the voice generation process would work. The voice pack ESP file is not actually needed for your own game play.

Edited by Herowynne

I have noticed that in V3.32 of Laura's Bondage Shop, Laura's voice is set to FemaleYoungEager. Whereas in the voice pack's ESP, the voice is set to FemaleEvenToned. Now with the voice pack's ESP set to hidden (to prevent it from overwriting the new LBS ESP), I nonetheless had to change the voice type in the V3.32 ESP from FemaleYoungEager to FemalveEvenToned. Otherwise Laura would stay silent.

Is this expected behaviour?