Folder Directory in Mod folder?

I recently purchased Sims 4 and I started adding some mods.

I read that the Sims will actually check deeper into the Mod folder then just the folder itself. Is it a good idea to put mods into folders for better organization or just leave them as is?

Also, how does Sims interact with different body mods? Like for example in Skyrim you could change the default body but if you had a custom follower with a different body, the follower would need different body clothes. Is this the same for different body parts as well?

Leave them as it is, max 1 folder per mod, the game does not behaves too well and does not finds mods when they are inside 2 or more folders, and It behaves very different from skyrim, it loads meshes in the game like they were bodies, i.e, you can download multiple body details mods and choose either of them at your tastes like if they were a tattoo, theres also another couple of mods which add them like if they were an outfit, the way the game handles "body types" (which honestly are more like applying stuff to the vanilla barbie doll) comes in many shapes depending how the mod was made.

Edited by Hht3s
typo
2 hours ago, Hht3s said:

Leave them as it is, max 1 folder per mod, the game does not behaves too well and does not finds mods when they are inside 2 or more folders, and It behaves very different from skyrim, it loads meshes in the game like they were bodies, i.e, you can download multiple body details mods and choose either of them at your tastes like if they were a tattoo, theres also another couple of mods which add them like if they were an outfit, the way the game handles "body types" (which honestly are more like applying stuff to the vanilla barbie doll) comes in many shapes depending how the mod was made.

No. No no no no no. This is so very wrong. 

There are two things to consider. First, script mods, like Wicked Whims, Nisa's, and Basemental Drugs, can only be one folder deep. Any further down, and things do go wrong. Second, the game reads the mods folder in alphabetical order, so placement of some mod folders compared to others is critical. A Good example is WildGuy's Female Body Details. Its folder needs to be named so it comes before Wicked Whims. Which is why I keep it in a folder named FBD.

Nearly everything else, be it CC or non-script mods, can go wherever you like. The Resource.cfg file will show you how deep the game will search for mods and CC. I keep the majority of my gameplay mods in a QOL folder, with separate QOL folders for authors I happen to have a large number of mods from. CC gets sorted deeper. Long story short, it's like this.

E:\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims 4\Mods\CC\A(B,C,D... and so on) And extra folders after that for significant collections from individual authors.

7 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

No. No no no no no. This is so very wrong. 

There are two things to consider. First, script mods, like Wicked Whims, Nisa's, and Basemental Drugs, can only be one folder deep. Any further down, and things do go wrong. Second, the game reads the mods folder in alphabetical order, so placement of some mod folders compared to others is critical. A Good example is WildGuy's Female Body Details. Its folder needs to be named so it comes before Wicked Whims. Which is why I keep it in a folder named FBD.

Nearly everything else, be it CC or non-script mods, can go wherever you like. The Resource.cfg file will show you how deep the game will search for mods and CC. I keep the majority of my gameplay mods in a QOL folder, with separate QOL folders for authors I happen to have a large number of mods from. CC gets sorted deeper. Long story short, it's like this.

E:\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims 4\Mods\CC\A(B,C,D... and so on) And extra folders after that for significant collections from individual authors.

My bad then, I honestly had no idea of the alphabetical order, pretty much first time I heard of it, but surely sounds interesting, I'd like to learn deeper of this system, i'd make sorting a lot cleaner so your mods folder doesn't looks like some crammed up shit.

Thanks for the heads up and best regards.

Hey,

Thanks for the info about mods and how stuff interacts. I'll definitely take a little more time and plan out how to keep stuff separated to make for easier upgrading.

Is there a good mod manager tool out there or do I just need to keep track on my own?

8 hours ago, Rel01 said:

Hey,

Thanks for the info about mods and how stuff interacts. I'll definitely take a little more time and plan out how to keep stuff separated to make for easier upgrading.

Is there a good mod manager tool out there or do I just need to keep track on my own?

Since the next game pre-patch is going to drop soon you should disable automatic game updates on Origin or Steam.

Then when you go to play you will see the Update box instead of Play so you can switch to Offline mode and keep playing and give the mods time to get updated.

Adult Mods you find updates here at LL or Patreon, if you have any of those versions that is.

Non-Adult mods are easiest to find info and links to updates by Luthenrising Threads on EA forums.

She usually starts a new one for every game patch.

This is the last patch and will likely have a link to the new thread after the new patch drops.

Most mods are pretty quick to fix & update but sometimes they still have some bugs and need a second or 3rd update.

Depends on how bad the game updates break them, lol.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990224/broken-updated-mods-cc-may-27-2021-decorator-patch