So I followed the AAF guide, yet for some reason I didnt try to see if the 1st few mods worked, so now I have only

Adress library,

bodyslide,

looks menu 

body talk

CBBE and AAF

yet AAF seems to not work no matter how mayny times I reinstall FO4SE

where did I mess up?

btw im using MO2 and running FO4se trough MO2

20210711225132_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Into the wrong folder. It has to be in the main folder where you see Data and the Fallout 4.exe.. Not the data folder.  This is the most common cause for what you are experiencing.

it is there, or am I going insane?

I mean what else could be causing Fo4se.PNG.e73d9a2d61d3e98e0846eff53b979004.PNG it?

If you are using SAya's tutorial for AAF, I'd go to the discord channel and discuss this with them. There are a few other things that might be the issue but this hasn't happened to me or anytime I have given support so I can't in good faith guide you further on this. Post your problem, the capture and make sure your game is fully updated / F4SE is the right version and let them help you.

If you haven't used Saya's AAF tutorial then I suggest that you check that out.

nted-setup-guide-14june2021/

The support there includes some people that actually work on the tools for AAF and other higher level functions etc. Best place for deeper support. Have a great day.

Please read the text that comes with F4SE https://f4se.silverlock.org/f4se_0_06_21_readme.txt

[ Installation ]

1. Copy f4se_1_10_163.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder. This is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\, but if you 
have installed to a custom Steam library then you will need to find this folder yourself. Copy the Data folder over as well.

2. Launch the game by running the copy of f4se_loader.exe that you placed in the Fallout installation folder.
On 7/11/2021 at 8:15 PM, RitualClarity said:

If you are using SAya's tutorial for AAF, I'd go to the discord channel and discuss this with them. There are a few other things that might be the issue but this hasn't happened to me or anytime I have given support so I can't in good faith guide you further on this. Post your problem, the capture and make sure your game is fully updated / F4SE is the right version and let them help you.

If you haven't used Saya's AAF tutorial then I suggest that you check that out.

nted-setup-guide-14june2021/

The support there includes some people that actually work on the tools for AAF and other higher level functions etc. Best place for deeper support. Have a great day.

To note that even with F4SE installed, if modding isn't enabled in Fallout4Custom.ini, you get the same error "No F4$E".

So it's one or the other, not just F4SE not being installed or not installed properly.

2 hours ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

To note that even with F4SE installed, if modding isn't enabled in Fallout4Custom.ini, you get the same error "No F4$E".

So it's one or the other, not just F4SE not being installed or not installed properly.

and your guide covers both! :D