Monli, what happened?

Guest hcksey

Guest hcksey

Hey guys I came here today to see if there was any vampire support for the monli custom race. Whenever I turn into a vampire my character turns into a normal sized person.

Anyways when I found the thread for the monli race, I found this: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14711-no-longer-available-monli-race-v3-enhanced/

What happend? Why is the monli race no longer available as of today?

It wasn't the most popular custom race, but it was heavily used in the loliworld mod, which has a small following.

The only information given by the maker as to why the mod was removed can be seen below.

The Monli v3 Enhanced will no longer be available.  I have been contacted by by Seren4XX, the creator of the Ashen race, and I must remove all files and links.  My apologies to Seren4XX.

Is the monli custom race really that similar to the Ashen race?

I think you will find the Monli race was a modified version of the Ashen race and used the Ashen  mesh or textures as a template. As such Psyco most likely used the race without permission and Seren found out.

Seren then has the right to make Psyco "Cease and desist" Monli as a result.

At least that is the only conclusion I can think of.

Guest hcksey

I think you will find the Monli race was a modified version of the Ashen race and used the Ashen  mesh or textures as a template. As such Psyco most likely used the race without permission and Seren found out.

It was my understanding that Monli used CBBE slim or something like that. I may be misremembering...

Edit: Ohh yeah and if anyone knows what might be wrong with playing a monli vampire, that would be nice. From what I read when you turn into a vampire it changes your race and to have monli vampire there would have to be a race called vampire_monli or something like that.

It was my understanding that Monli used CBBE slim or something like that. I may be misremembering...

Edit: Ohh yeah and if anyone knows what might be wrong with playing a monli vampire, that would be nice. From what I read when you turn into a vampire it changes your race and to have monli vampire there would have to be a race called vampire_monli or something like that.

This is why I don't mod or anything I do make I hardly if ever release all it takes is forgetting to get permission from one person and people go insane like you just killed their dog.

as for the Monli vampires if you open the Monli race in CK it does have a Monli_vampire option.

This is why I don't mod or anything I do make I hardly if ever release all it takes is forgetting to get permission from one person and people go insane like you just killed their dog.

as for the Monli vampires if you open the Monli race in CK it does have a Monli_vampire option.

yeah it gets a little out of hand.. I never understood to process behind having to ask for permission to alter a mod when there not getting money off it, I mean the mod is there out in the open for people to use its basically freeware at that point why do you NEED permission.. I just don't get it it's not like there stealing music or anything.

tbh I really don't see the harm but I see were he's comeing from about not having his concent befor it was uploaded but at this point almost all custom race mods are using another mod makers body or textures so how I see it is ya he didn't get the ok but I don't think its really a big deal as long as he gives credit to seren for the parts of the mod that are his that should be good enuf but oh well :/ also its not like the parts that are his are copyrighted so because of the I don't see the harm in anyway all i think that neededto be done was just give credit were its due.

Edit the war paints are serens there the same ones on the ashen race

yeah it gets a little out of hand.. I never understood to process behind having to ask for permission to alter a mod when there not getting money off it, I mean the mod is there out in the open for people to use its basically freeware at that point why do you NEED permission.. I just don't get it it's not like there stealing music or anything.

I get the "giving credit", people put a lot of time into their mods. But it's starting to get out of control. Modding was fun for morrowind and oblivion but now it's so much work people are starting to take this "hobby" way to seriously IMO.

OK I can't see what the problem is.

Monli was released just over 2 months before Ningheim so there is no way that I can see that it was "a copy" of the Ningheim Race.

I'm not saying it is a copy. Because IDK, I don't use the race. I just don't see how that race and Monli can conflict without some scripting? overlapping or something. Maybe Seren used some of the same stuff from Ashen with Ningheim and that is causing the problem...I really don't know.

Well I have both races so let me take a look.

Edit: FOUND IT!!......I think

Psyco is using the Ashen race presets in his mod which suggest that the Monli race is based on or uses the assets of the Ashen race under a different race name. This on it's own is valid enough to force Psyco to take down his mod as he was using assets without permission even if he did credit Seren for his Ashen work.

Still can't see what racial abilities have to do with anything though.

Actually someone complained about racial abilities "leaking" into the Monli race causing it to have both the Nignheim and Monli racial abilities. Which Seren says is impossible unless the Monli race is a copy of Nignheim.

Actually someone complained about racial abilities "leaking" into the Monli race causing it to have both the Nignheim and Monli racial abilities. Which Seren says is impossible unless the Monli race is a copy of Nignheim.

Doesn't mean a damn thing if I'm honest. Ningheim was created after Monli so it can't be a copy.

There is several ways that could of happened.

The Monli race v3 Enhanced was taken down because, according to Seren, the Monli.esp is a "near direct copy of the OrientalRace.esp".

Now for the record,

1. I did not create the Monli race.
  2. I used the Monli race v2.1 in which I got permission from Kashim back when he frequented this forum.
  3. The Enhanced Monli is nothing more than v2.1 made compatible for ECE-CME back when it was in "beta" stage and before it was released at Nexus.  That is why I gave the Nexus link and suggested everyone update ECE.
  4. The Monli race was around before Kashim released v2.1.  In fact, the original Monli had the elf ears and Kashim removed them plus provided a texture fix.

If you Google "Monli race", you'll find links to 3dmgame.com with posts dating last year (2012).  There is also another mod called Lolydia which makes Lydia a Monli.

Why did Seren all of a sudden demanded I remove the race?  I can only speculate so I'm not going to bother answering that.

Why me?  Because I'm the only one, at the moment, he can demand the removal of the mod.

I asked Seren that if he reconsiders and allow the mod to remain, I would explicitly credit him for any and all assets from the Ashen race.

Archived