Forno Sexy Vault Girl Interface - Modder Resource -

2 hours ago, Darkholt said:

Yo, I can't wait for the mod to be done. I really just love the style of these Pip-boy Icons. They just scream FO1/2 mixed with manga. Hope you get the oomf back to get back to it soon dude and I'm waiting with baited breath for the mod to come out.

You can actually do it your self with paint.net and adobe photoshop. You convert the .psd in the resource and convert to .dds.

25 minutes ago, sunhawken said:

You can actually do it your self with paint.net and adobe photoshop. You convert the .psd in the resource and convert to .dds.

I'm more likely to mess it up than do it right. I'll just wait for Fredas to finish his version cause He's already making the mod. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, lowinwonder said:

If no one is making it in to a mod I can though I'm new to moding fallout new Vegas and this would be published mod so fixing incompatibility mite be above me but it will work for vanilla 

There is someone already teaming up with the Author making the mod. Me and I bet many others already have our own personal unreleased version that I at least don't upload out of respect for the efforts of the "official" team. Who knows when that will be up, though.

Maybe Forno will read this and give us their thoughts?

8 hours ago, Fluffle Puss said:

Maybe Forno will read this and give us their thoughts?

it's been a while since i've talked with the other LL member that was working on the mod. i really don't know the status of his work at this time, but some time ago he sent me a WIP and he was developing really good stuff; his mod had even the installer with the original or alternatives icons selection and - if i don't remember wrong - the resolution scaling selection for low/mid performance pc's.  but since i'm the author of these drawings i say this: if someone want to make a temporary mod and share it on LL he have my total permission, in the end this is only a modder resource and giving to you all the possibility to create your own mod it's his "life" purpose. the only thing i ask are the credits for the drawings :) 

ps. obviously I recommend to agree among you members here in this topic (or creating ad hoc topic) on who will make this "temporary mod" to avoid filling LL with a multitude of clone mods created by different users. in the meantime I hope the guy who was collaborating with me will contact me so I can update you all on the status of the "official mod"

Edited by Forno

Well, I'm mostly done, only missing the latest icons you posted on wednesday. It's the second time you teamed up, if I recall, kinda sad to see this drag for so long, hence why I made my own instead.

Here's my two cents on icon modding: I'm guessing the reason most ppl give up on releasing their mods is the body part stat screen. It requires A LOT of editing and fine tuning on the menu stat code, which is not particularly hard, but rather heavily time consuming and maybe a tad intimidating to adapt the changes in the entirety of the vault girl body.

stats.jpg.b94d575eaefa82edf1a80ce8cec3863e.jpg

There is also the upscale issue, if one plays with the vanilla textures in 1080p the icons look not so hot, and making them 1024x1024 instead of the default 256x256 basically shows only the top left quarter of the image. Fixing that is of course possible, but it requires, you guessed it, More monotonous coding! On EACH icon, of EVERY list. Fun.

Crap, didn't mean to make it sound ranty. In any case, here's another sneak peek on what I've got:

skill.jpg.77d0a9d85010e649641141c473716276.jpg

20 hours ago, Fluffle Puss said:

Well, I'm mostly done, only missing the latest icons you posted on wednesday. It's the second time you teamed up, if I recall, kinda sad to see this drag for so long, hence why I made my own instead.

Here's my two cents on icon modding: I'm guessing the reason most ppl give up on releasing their mods is the body part stat screen. It requires A LOT of editing and fine tuning on the menu stat code, which is not particularly hard, but rather heavily time consuming and maybe a tad intimidating to adapt the changes in the entirety of the vault girl body.

stats.jpg.b94d575eaefa82edf1a80ce8cec3863e.jpg

There is also the upscale issue, if one plays with the vanilla textures in 1080p the icons look not so hot, and making them 1024x1024 instead of the default 256x256 basically shows only the top left quarter of the image. Fixing that is of course possible, but it requires, you guessed it, More monotonous coding! On EACH icon, of EVERY list. Fun.

Crap, didn't mean to make it sound ranty. In any case, here's another sneak peek on what I've got:

skill.jpg.77d0a9d85010e649641141c473716276.jpg

could you please post the completed mod whenever you have the chance  please

7 hours ago, Forno said:

@Fluffle Puss you've done a good work! appreciated to see people like my work :) so, if you want to upload your mod - as i say before - you can do it, just give me the credits for the drawings and you're free to do what you want.

Aw, shucks. TY. I'll keep at it and release a vanilla resolution mod when I'm happy with the result. Shouldn't take long. I'll leave the hi-res dual definitive version to the other fellow, unless they don't come back for far too long.

@Fluffle Puss seems good to me.  :) BTW i've wrote to him a couple of day ago but i'm still waiting for a response. for what he says to me the last time we chat (early february), he can put a limited time into this and i certainly do not have pressure nor claims about his work...so for now the "official mod" it's on pause, i hope to come back soon with some good news about it, but if for whatever reason things gonna screw up i'll let you know and maybe we can afford for a "plan B" solution. what do you think? 

Edited by Forno
17 hours ago, Forno said:

@Fluffle Puss seems good to me.  :) BTW i've wrote to him a couple of ago but i'm still waiting for a response. for what he says to me the last time we chat (early february), he can put a limited time into this and i do not have pressure nor claims about his work...so for now the "official mod" it's on pause, i hope to come back with some good about it, but if for whatever reason things gonna screw up i'll let you know and maybe we can for a "plan B" . what do you think? 

Perfect. I'll release the vanilla replacer and leave it up to you if you ever consider they're not gonna continue. If so we can work on more.

@Forno Say, I need your opinion on something. looking around I realize I need to release patches for the most common UI replacers out there, so the new icons fit anyone's layout, wether vanilla, DarnedUI, VI+ or whatever is out there. Having tested the most common, it turns out several changes I needed in the code are already there in those mods... As I said before:

On 4/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, Fluffle Puss said:

So Ironically, releasing a simple vanilla replacer with the same tiny default resolution would require MORE work than it would be to release a full mod with all the changes ready and very crisp and beautiful resolution.

I'm in a position now where I can tweak a few codes and release not a temporary mod, but the whole thing in a matter of hours.

What do you think? Should I go ahead and make the final mod? There really would be not much else to upgrade by my colleague you were working with, so... would that be rude? would they be relieved? Should we even care?

@Fluffle Puss So, actually just like you he was working on his personal mod and contacted me privately to ask if once finished he could upload it here on LL; starting from this assumption, we exchanged various messages on how and what to do on the technical side, what to fix in the drawings (for example some flying pixels that I have not seen and he has kindly deleted). above all he has worked hard on this aspect of polishing, so I do not find it ethically right not to update him at least for this new collaboration with you. having said that, I would first like to warn him privately of your chance to immediately load a fairly clean version of the mod and wait for his "yes, go ahead"...more for justice to him, his many hours of work and the help that he gave me... so I ask if you can wait at least a few days, just the time to give him a chance to say his opinion. in the case he does not make himself heard, then I will give you a definitive ok.

@Forno Yeah, that sounds good. It'll give me more time to work more leisurely anyway, And if he really wants to continue, that's fine too.

On a different note, do you mind terribly if I edit the drawings a little? I'd already cleaned the same stray pixels you mentioned, but I mean actually changing the layout or position of the subjects, as some of them are a bit too big and spectacular to fit in a tiny square without sacrificing so much detail. Here's a perfect example:

chemist.png.b7209a94bafbd19c4b8082e0ba83226d.png

The Breaking Bad-esque camper is awesome, but it devours the scene whole and the girls end up ant sized. You're the artist, so it's up to you if it's cool taking a practical approach. (Also, do let me know if I'm replying too much).

I was unaware of the fact that someone else was already doing this, but I did make and publish a Special and Skill icon replacer using the art and have already published this on Nexus here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/76210

I was confused since I found no version of these files being used in a mod.

I only replaced the Skills, Special Stats, aswell as the skills: "Power Armor Training", "Animal Friend" and "Master Trader".

I would gladly discuss your concerns and or issues with my actions further if you feel the need to do so.

Thank you for your attention and provided art.

Data.rar

Edited by N00B3112

@N00B3112 I didn't give you permission to upload it, so please remove it from the nexus. don't worry, I'm not angry, on the contrary I'm happy that you liked my work so much that you created a mod for yourself, but I don't want it to override the work of the other members who's working on the "official release". having said that, thank you for your kind words about my work  ;)