Wildermyth

10 hours ago, realism-by-randomization said:

@Skömer -- You illustrated the issues with mod servers really well, and while it's obviously not possible to address all of them I did use it as a guideline and tried to address the ones I could when setting up the server @Dandy_Lime was asking for.  Basically it's built for collaboration between modders using categories (channel groups) instead of unique servers.  I set it up kind of like a forum, like this: 

• Heavy restrictions for non-modders compared to a normal server - it's not really the place for memes or edgelord banter
  • Very light restrictions for modders compared to a normal server, but only in their project channels
  • Self-managed visibility (via roles) for each unique project, containing channels for:
    • a project overview (read-only)
    • a changelog (read-only)
    • bug reporting
    • feedback
    • mod team chat (read-only)
  • Self-assigned roles for people that want to volunteer to help, and a way for mod teams to recruit using those roles
  • Global channels for teams to post when they have major updates

And that's about it, except for some boilerplate stuff.  If it sucks or it doesn't solve the problems, I'll kill it off.  The goal isn't to replace LL for high-level updates on the mods, either way.  But it would be able to host about 80 concurrent projects set up like above with the current Discord limits, and I'd be interested if you had ideas for other improvements beyond just... "don't". 

https://discord.gg/nWWVngSzq

@Dandy_Lime - I have it set up to require verification right now but PM me here if you need through.  Link should be good for a month or so.  Same goes if you wanted to work there, @tobi2good.

doesn't address my main issue: discord isn't indexed and inaccessible without account, so any kind of overview for the current stage of modding for a particular game gets lost unless they continue to maintain a page here (the main reason I maintain this since 2018)

especially people who don't follow a project since inception profit greatly from a overview that doesn't require joining a discord and having to ask about the mod and may or may not be told to just read without any kind of direction as to what they mean or where it may be hidden, because the regulars on the discord are fed up with people asking the same questions over and over.

i can't even use discord on pc in my browser without giving them my phone number, and I had to jump through all sorts of loups to at least get an account that doesn't require my number on my phone.

I know I can't stop the incredibly large desire any current modding project seems to have to move over there but you can't stop me from complaining about it.

5 hours ago, Skömer said:

doesn't address my main issue: discord isn't indexed and inaccessible without account, so any kind of overview for the current stage of modding for a particular game gets lost unless they continue to maintain a page here (the main reason I maintain this since 2018)

especially people who don't follow a project since inception profit greatly from a overview that doesn't require joining a discord and having to ask about the mod and may or may not be told to just read without any kind of direction as to what they mean or where it may be hidden, because the regulars on the discord are fed up with people asking the same questions over and over.

i can't even use discord on pc in my browser without giving them my phone number, and I had to jump through all sorts of loups to at least get an account that doesn't require my number on my phone.

I know I can't stop the incredibly large desire any current modding project seems to have to move over there but you can't stop me from complaining about it.

Those are fair points.  Thanks for responding.  I don't think they outweigh having a method of real-time collaboration available to modding teams, but I agree that anything maintained solely in Discord ends up running a very real risk of being invisible.  I'm hoping that a general server FAQ and an Overview channel for each mod will help address the "just read" concern, though. 

14 hours ago, realism-by-randomization said:

Those are fair points.  Thanks for responding.  I don't think they outweigh having a method of real-time collaboration available to modding teams, but I agree that anything maintained solely in Discord ends up running a very real risk of being invisible.  I'm hoping that a general server FAQ and an Overview channel for each mod will help address the "just read" concern, though. 

Thank you for taking the time to set this up. I am actually quite a bit of a discord noob to be honest, but I will take a look when I can spare the time. ? My only concern is that I think only me and Toby are actually actively modding lewd stuff for Wildermyth, so it will be pretty empty. If any other modders read this, raise your hands! ?

Proposal of a small EASY sex comic framework (non modders read this too!) ?

Since I would love to see the modding commuity grow I have a possible idea to lower the entry bar a little bit. Perhaps it is possible to create a little "framework". 

I have currently started making a lot of basic animation assets to use for the comics, and maybe the combat field. I am thinking of making a lot of these, if not all, publicly available to use for people's own comics. Furthermore with the creation of the new faces I made and the custom art implicitly inserted as an aspect in the comic completely new poses with facial expressions with faces that match the face you picked are possible. (perhaps some ahegao faces could even make it's way in) ?This will mean faces and bodies angled in every kind of pose that you or I in this case can create. It should also be possible to link this with the body type chosen if you use Diverse Bodies. I will share some more on this soon. ? (also check the animations further up. Much more is available now, Boob Bounce, sideways action etc. can be down with good layering. :-)) 

@tobi2good I imagine you could also make some really nice things with some of these animation sets! 

The real dealbreaker; If I make an asset mod supplying comics  where all animation are set up in a semi generic way.  (EXAMPLE 1 panel -> subjugation 2 panel ->Missionary 3.choice -> resolution. ) It should be possible to very easy edit the comics easily from the content manager (or text doc) with your own dialogue etc. and also replace the animation panels to ones that fit your liking, for example exchanging missionary with doggy style or something completely different.

Basically I think it should be possible to make a simple framework for people to use to make their own sex comics without having to learn the comic manager in game (it is not that difficult, but a little clunky). All that would be needed is simply chose your animations you would like and supply your own text. 

I think we need some more content creators and lewd story tellers, Tobi is pulling all the weight ?. I will happily supply some sexy animations and basic comics towards that based on the body mod and face mod. :-) So if you have some fun ideas let me know if this could be of interest or you wish to help out! 

@Dandy_Lime I may be able to help a little here and there depending on what's needed.  I can certainly help brainstorm story ideas or write out content.  @tobi2good had mentioned needing content ideas as well, so I'm going to try to at least come up with some basic scenarios. 

As for the server, it's set up so that any mod for any game (or small indie game projects) could join and host their own set of channels.  The idea is that it kind of centralizes the workforce and eventually makes it easier to find help. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 7:24 PM, realism-by-randomization said:

@Dandy_Lime I may be able to help a little here and there depending on what's needed.  I can certainly help brainstorm story ideas or write out content.  @tobi2good had mentioned needing content ideas as well, so I'm going to try to at least come up with some basic scenarios. 

As for the server, it's set up so that any mod for any game (or small indie game projects) could join and host their own set of channels.  The idea is that it kind of centralizes the workforce and eventually makes it easier to find help. 

Thanks again! 

Very busy in my personal life right now, but I will take a look when I can.

As an open invitation to everyone feel free to post ideas suggestions or feedback to me directly or here or wherever. 

I am not the snabbiest replyer but I usually see what you write! ?

A little update! 

I totally bounced off Baldurs Gate 3 hard and instead installed Baldurs gate 1 again ?. Yes I am one of the grumpy ones. Fortunately this means more time for wildermyth modding. 

I have no screenshots available for you today as I am not at home, but I want to share some very close to be released mods.

1. First version of Wildermyth Sex Defeat ( basic still frame and animated defeats where creatures defeat you and have their way with your hero on death and either leave you traumatised, "maimed" or kill you hornily. probably pretty basic at first but the framework will be set up. ?

Expect lots of sketches for now woth simple animations and a few much more detailed. Trying ti set up all creatures with basic sexy time using vanilla monster art for now until some day I have a time to create own faction reskins. I have made a lot allready with my deepist reskins though. Fun stuff ?

1A - Another mod idea is to create the opposite where the heroes can assault the "monsters" and have their way with them etc. ? maybe take a deepist chick as a waifu who knows.

1B also working on art for hero on hero romances and sexy art to replace standard tidings falling in live etc. will support skin colours and animations, and will probably be built to work in tandem with my true expressions mod for full compatibility. Still a lot of things to figure out.

2. Bloody Mess (Monsters) Visual damage to monsters in two stages with gameplay effect. Looks fricking cool and kinda makes you feel a little bad for the poor beasts as you batter them and cut of their trntacles. well they are monsters.

Note! this mod paves the way for making a horny? monsters mod. Stripping deepists etc 

Bloody Mess and Armor break(Heroes) Visual Damage to heroes and their armor, blood. ( This mod will affect vanilla skins.

3. Animated Pose mod and Armor - now what is this? Basically a mod that allows you to equip an armor that gives you a new unique rig pose when you are in a comic, when you attack, use a bow, when you are in cover! when you move and when you defend or anything else that is set up. 

I have a 90% finished busty lady with a really nice behind ready for alpha on this. It is REALLY nice too see different poses fir your hero and especially the cover mechanics makes it feel more like fantasy xcom. Also she has a really nice ass. ??? Also have a cleric and spell animations in making.

Basically this mod creates Darkest Dungeon singe frame animations for your actions. Still very early, current limitations is making faces and hair that correctly applies to your selected. Skin colour works fine.? 

4. Leave the Bodies behind. Gore version and Nsfw sexy version. Corpses from monsters and heroes spawned on death as scenery. bigger monsters will create cover. everything else will either be traversable and look dead or look very horny. ?

5. Overworld reskin with illustrative fantasy style. A little side project with fantasy castles etc and very colourful. Maybe also make some more darker DnD stuff. 

Anyways hope you are all doing well and I look forward to sharing some new kinds of mods soon! 

\Dandy Lime

9 hours ago, Dandy_Lime said:

A little update! 

I totally bounced off Baldurs Gate 3 hard and instead installed Baldurs gate 1 again ?. Yes I am one of the grumpy ones. Fortunately this means more time for wildermyth modding. 

I have no screenshots available for you today as I am not at home, but I want to share some very close to be released mods.

1. First version of Wildermyth Sex Defeat ( basic still frame and animated defeats where creatures defeat you and have their way with your hero on death and either leave you traumatised, "maimed" or kill you hornily. probably pretty basic at first but the framework will be set up. ?

Expect lots of sketches for now woth simple animations and a few much more detailed. Trying ti set up all creatures with basic sexy time using vanilla monster art for now until some day I have a time to create own faction reskins. I have made a lot allready with my deepist reskins though. Fun stuff ?

1A - Another mod idea is to create the opposite where the heroes can assault the "monsters" and have their way with them etc. ? maybe take a deepist chick as a waifu who knows.

1B also working on art for hero on hero romances and sexy art to replace standard tidings falling in live etc. will support skin colours and animations, and will probably be built to work in tandem with my true expressions mod for full compatibility. Still a lot of things to figure out.

2. Bloody Mess (Monsters) Visual damage to monsters in two stages with gameplay effect. Looks fricking cool and kinda makes you feel a little bad for the poor beasts as you batter them and cut of their trntacles. well they are monsters.

Note! this mod paves the way for making a horny? monsters mod. Stripping deepists etc 

Bloody Mess and Armor break(Heroes) Visual Damage to heroes and their armor, blood. ( This mod will affect vanilla skins.

3. Animated Pose mod and Armor - now what is this? Basically a mod that allows you to equip an armor that gives you a new unique rig pose when you are in a comic, when you attack, use a bow, when you are in cover! when you move and when you defend or anything else that is set up. 

I have a 90% finished busty lady with a really nice behind ready for alpha on this. It is REALLY nice too see different poses fir your hero and especially the cover mechanics makes it feel more like fantasy xcom. Also she has a really nice ass. ??? Also have a cleric and spell animations in making.

Basically this mod creates Darkest Dungeon singe frame animations for your actions. Still very early, current limitations is making faces and hair that correctly applies to your selected. Skin colour works fine.? 

4. Leave the Bodies behind. Gore version and Nsfw sexy version. Corpses from monsters and heroes spawned on death as scenery. bigger monsters will create cover. everything else will either be traversable and look dead or look very horny. ?

5. Overworld reskin with illustrative fantasy style. A little side project with fantasy castles etc and very colourful. Maybe also make some more darker DnD stuff. 

Anyways hope you are all doing well and I look forward to sharing some new kinds of mods soon! 

\Dandy Lime

I don't think it was just a defeat mod by itself, I think it actually had combat sex abilities in it. So, maybe some combat sex abilities would be neat? .3. 

Honestly, a sort of mega modular mod might be something to go with? 

Take in case of point the Wildermyth Sex Defeat. Say you play a heterosexual male character, what if you get defeated by a male creature. Having an option to opt out of scenes you aren't keen on would be nice. Then would all creatures/monsters be same gendered or is there a way to distinguish their genders? Like have a Male Deepist and Female Deepist or would they have to be either all female deepists or all male deepists. Hell even put in an option to set all monster genders to either all male or all female could be neat too.

Sorry I'm rambling, but yeah you could make a massive mod outta this tbh XD

I do like choices when it comes to sex mods though, so having plenty of options and toggles to enable or disable features would be hella nice :D

7 hours ago, Screws said:

Hmmmm with how much work is being done I think it'd be appropriate to petition the site mods to make a Wildermyth section.. maybe?

it took 3 years and 50 odd mods for rimworld to get one, good luck lol

then again starfield isn't even released and has no mods

Edited by Skömer
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 9:08 PM, Dandy_Lime said:

Hi Guys! 

Sorry for the radio silence! ? I have been hard at work on updates for both the True Expressions mod as well as the Diverse Bodies mod.

You can find 2 new faces in the face mod. Very happy with both the male and female version! 

Also released is a big update for the Diverse Bodies. Managed to add a highlight layer, adding one version for each body type with a more sweaty layer. Vanilla bodies also received a slight retouch. Let me know if you prefer them without highlights or even slighter.  ALSO, added an XL test female body based on the curvy body with no NPC generation that only sort of work with armors. Most of my armors seem to work okay with them. If possible I will add armors and clothes for bigger curvy and muscular or very busty girls in the future via the silver/gold customisation option. ? Check both links out below!

Further more I have been experimenting a lot with animation in combat mods, armor damage and visual wound indicators. Some more succesful than others! Wildermyth is a little buggy sometimes or maybe I just suck at programming. ? If anyone wants to help out on that part please say so. ? 

Here are three examples of what kind of animation I can make possible right now and examples of what I might release very soon as mortal choice events in combat. Basically I finally managed to find out how to add animation to custom images which will allow for simple animations like this. Possibly also boob jiggle if I can make it work for themes. Again, if you know programming let me know if you want to help! ?  Also I have a sneak peek of the new Male body mod!! Male warrior is almost fully finished for 1 body type. Beta will release with only 1 body type for each class due to problems with making limbs work together. Not sure how to solve it yet. ?

Lastly I am releasing a huge update to the armor mod adding full compatibility with Smokers Expanded Armors as well as adding completely new built from ground armor assets and possibly a new armor set. Also shown is an idea of how a mod adding visual damage to armor could look. I think it looks like a fun time ? and would be great as a leadway into the sex defeat mods. ?

Let me know your thoughts! Any ideas or thoughts or constructive critiques are welcome! Biggest limiting factor now is how much time I can dedicate to the mods. ?

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif

Cols_Noise_Warriorf.png

Cols_Noise_Warriorf 2.png

Hi @Dandy_Lime big fan of your work. Any news on the sex mod & defeat mod that you were previously working on?