Help Modding the Game

I can't get what is wrong with my installation of the mod folder so i'm asking for everyone who would like to help to check what is wrong with this mod if putted togheter

- Sexbound-alluringtoysco-1.12.0.src

- Sexbound-defeat-2.4.0.src

- Sexbound-StatueOfDibella-v1.1.0

- starbound-sexbound-5.5.1.src

- SxB - Naturally Horny v420

- SxB - TeratoDefeat v0191

- SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2

- BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons

- BTF Sexbound Terraphilia

Basicaly when i put all the mod in the right folder >Starbound/mod i start the game and the game crash at the lauging Whale or give me a Fatal Error screen.

Maybe i'm putting 2 mod that conflict togheter but if is impossible to answer what is the problem just Pls drop a folder with the mod i tried to use becouse i'm pretty sick to see the game crash or giving me error

1 hour ago, Impestato said:

I can't get what is wrong with my installation of the mod folder so i'm asking for everyone who would like to help to check what is wrong with this mod if putted togheter

-snip-

Basicaly when i put all the mod in the right folder >Starbound/mod i start the game and the game crash at the lauging Whale or give me a Fatal Error screen.

Maybe i'm putting 2 mod that conflict togheter but if is impossible to answer what is the problem just Pls drop a folder with the mod i tried to use becouse i'm pretty sick to see the game crash or giving me error

None of these should be an issue, try doing the following:

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

After you do that, we may take a look upon that file and see why your game is screaming.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

After you do that, we may take a look upon that file and see why your game is screaming.

After all it wasn't all ok Mr red. I can't tell the problem that is giving me cuz it just crash the game after the chuckle fish opening, im just going to delete all and install all again (the game alredy corrupted my damn save )

12 hours ago, Impestato said:

- Sexbound-alluringtoysco-1.12.0.src

- Sexbound-defeat-2.4.0.src

- Sexbound-StatueOfDibella-v1.1.0

- starbound-sexbound-5.5.1.src

- SxB - Naturally Horny v420

- SxB - TeratoDefeat v0191

- SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2

- BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons

- BTF Sexbound Terraphilia

mod folders won't read .src/.zip or other compression files, best to extract it until its a folder of that mod or use .pak instead

Edited by [TheBusySWAT] Alastor
1 hour ago, [TheBusySWAT] Alastor said:

mod folders won't read .src/.zip or other compression files, best to extract it until its a folder of that mod or use .pak instead

I realy didn't write that down in understandable way and i'm sorry for that ( i don't write quite often in english) obviusly is all uncripted in the mod folder, problem is that game crash even if i use .pak only or the uncripted .src only, i've tried to not mixed up the mods but still game crash or error appared or else game start but mod didn't get read or is unaviable to work properly (and configuring some mods even make them corrupting the mods folder) 

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

Ok now the game start properly but is fresh new so no mod and no save, i'm shacking of terror to put a mod now

Ok now the game start properly but is fresh new so no mod and no save, i'm shacking of terror to put a mod now

*Sigh* okay, so, it does not matter if the game crashes on startup, the file that lists all mods being loaded and the reason for the crash is always made unless you somehow broke the game files, which i doubt.

With that file, we'd be able to tell you why it crashed in the first place, and possibly if any mods are installed incorrectly or outdated.

You didn't need to delete your saves or world (normally) and it's always good to back-up them if you are going through issues like this.

The reason why we ask for such file and nothing else that you think may help, is because it tells us what we need to know, a description of an issue sometimes leads nowhere, or even showing it, if you don't back it up with the actual issue in the code. As a user, asking for support and telling people "It's crashing" is equivalent of asking your tech-support person to help with your computer and just telling them "It doesn't work" and nothing else.

So please, for your own sake and our own sanity, be thorough, calm, read slowly, and try to follow what the people trying to help you are asking of you. Asking nicely, if you want support/help, please cooperate.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

*Sigh* okay, so, it does not matter if the game crashes on startup, the file that lists all mods being loaded and the reason for the crash is always made unless you somehow broke the game files, which i doubt.

With that file, we'd be able to tell you why it crashed in the first place, and possibly if any mods are installed incorrectly or outdated.

You didn't need to delete your saves or world (normally) and it's always good to back-up them if you are going through issues like this.

The reason why we ask for such file and nothing else that you think may help, is because it tells us what we need to know, a description of an issue sometimes leads nowhere, or even showing it, if you don't back it up with the actual issue in the code. As a user, asking for support and telling people "It's crashing" is equivalent of asking your tech-support person to help with your computer and just telling them "It doesn't work" and nothing else.

So please, for your own sake and our own sanity, be thorough, calm, read slowly, and try to follow what the people trying to help you are asking of you. Asking nicely, if you want support/help, please cooperate.

7 hours ago, [TheBusySWAT] Alastor said:

Please don't misandertud what i did. I realy appreciate the help you guys are tryng to give me (and from the bottom of my heart Many thx again ) but the fact that i delete the game was the only way becouse i YES somehow broke the game script and YES the save file went corrupt during varius (invasive and mostry wrong ) mod try.

So the game reinstallation was a thing that i had to do, i just need some advise for not doing the same error twice .

The game now is brand new and totaly Vanilla i've already started a new game but irealy love to mod it again maybe without the outcome of the past mods.

I'm attaching the choosen file if you whant to take a look (some ar twice cuz i made some extra folder for not broking the game again).

Or should i use the mod loader from steam insted?

Starbound mod.rar

Please don't misandertud what i did. I realy appreciate the help you guys are tryng to give m (and from the bottom of my heart Many thx again ) but the fact that i delete the game was the only way becouse i YES somehow broke the game script and YES the save file went corrupt during varius (invasive and mostry wrong ) mod try.

So the game reinstallation was a thing that i had to do, i just need some advise for not doing the same error twice .

The game now is brand new and totaly Vanilla i've already started a new game but irealy love to mod it again maybe without the outcome of the past mods.

I'm attaching the choosen file if you whant to take a look (some ar twice cuz i made some extra folder for not broking the game again).

Or should i use the mod loader from steam insted?

You can use the workshop and local mods at the same time, no problem there. If you have a mod in your mods folder and the same mod subscribed in the Workshop, you'll only load the Workshop version.

And here it is, yes.

image.png.113849b3e7314e5b8bfa1cc335b3fc3d.png

Sexbound Tweaker is outdated heavily and will cause issues. It is best to remove it and configure your API if you want any features from it.

You have Lustbound Base Tentacle Tweak, and TeratoDefeat, but you don't have the mods that go with those, making them likely either crash your game, or just not do anything. (In order, those mods would be Lustbound Base, and Teratophilia)

You have Defeat which is buggy so beware of NPC's or monsters not dying/being invincible, among other things.

Among the other mods in the "Try 1.1" folder, i see you had only the Viera support which was outdated, but wouldn't cause problems.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

You can use the workshop and local mods at the same time, no problem there. If you have a mod in your mods folder and the same mod subscribed in the Workshop, you'll only load the Workshop version.

And here it is, yes.

image.png.113849b3e7314e5b8bfa1cc335b3fc3d.png

Sexbound Tweaker is outdated heavily and will cause issues. It is best to remove it and configure your API if you want any features from it.

You have Lustbound Base Tentacle Tweak, and TeratoDefeat, but you don't have the mods that go with those, making them likely either crash your game, or just not do anything. (In order, those mods would be Lustbound Base, and Teratophilia)

You have Defeat which is buggy so beware of NPC's or monsters not dying/being invincible, among other things.

Among the other mods in the "Try 1.1" folder, i see you had only the Viera support which was outdated, but wouldn't cause problems.

I followed all you said and used only 5 mod that i'm sure didn't broke the game but there is 1 last thing i didn't understand 

Starbound Error.png

Folder.png.06623933e96897d351846636b4bc9690.png

24 minutes ago, Impestato said:

I followed all you said and used only 5 mod that i'm sure didn't broke the game but there is 1 last thing i didn't understand 

Starbound Error.png

P.S i mean the script is there in the Folder is a technical problem or it didn't start the mod in the right way?

Folder.png

Folder-script-sexbound.png

Edited by Impestato

You've been placing it on the wrong directory folder, it should be this: asdafaf.png.0cc249ae531df39bbb6a43ef8c4600b1.png

I'm pretty sure that the script folder has to be outside the mods folder cuz it make the game shut down during the chuckle fish opening

You've been placing it on the wrong directory folder, it should be this: asdafaf.png.0cc249ae531df39bbb6a43ef8c4600b1.png

And here the result at the first try it open but dindn't load the pg (first immage)

and then after retry to open up again after using the mod tool the perfection made window 

[?this is fine]

Starbound Error.png

Fatal Error.png

That's because you've bricked the main starbound folder, you shouldn't overwrite anything that's from the core game itself. Overwriting anything from the vanilla file will essentially brick the game completely thus you'll have to reinstall the game itself again. That's why the mods folder exist on the starbound directory.

It should be placed like this:
Example.png.5f28a214242e21661887661927ae0cf0.png

All of the script or other stuff inside that folder should remain in their respected mod folder, you don't have to move it elsewhere.

Edited by [TheBusySWAT] Alastor
6 hours ago, [TheBusySWAT] Alastor said:

That's because you've bricked the main starbound folder, you shouldn't overwrite anything that's from the core game itself. Overwriting anything from the vanilla file will essentially brick the game completely thus you'll have to reinstall the game itself again. That's why the mods folder exist on the starbound directory.

It should be placed like this:
Example.png.5f28a214242e21661887661927ae0cf0.png

All of the script or other stuff inside that folder should remain in their respected mod folder, you don't have to move it elsewhere.

Ok now most of the problem are solved only the NaturallyHorny mod seems to not work properly but it could be my immagination ( cuz i don't know how much time i have to wait for the crew to get lewd)

I'm using a Lombax Race with the support for SxB but climax meter don't raise even using the F****** yoursef

Edited by Impestato
P.S