Relationship window bug

In the bottom right of my screen there is a little icon with two people next to each other and if I hover over it it says "Relationship - R" and if I click on it it used to bring up a menu that showed what my sim thought of other sims as far as attractiveness and things like that are concerned. Well now when I bring up that menu it shows a few details about the sim but no relationship information, the bottom half is just a blank white field and if I close that window and attempt to open a new on no window pops up but I get the music that's associated with the window being open and can;t shut that off without closing out of the game.

What gives?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

I don't use that mod though. I'm posting on this topic again because the issue has resurfaced...

One of the new game bugs that came from the latest patch is if/when you ask another sim about their Likes/Dislikes it bugs out the Relationship Profiles from working. This mod is a temp fix for now but may not fix sims already broken https://www.patreon.com/posts/52137385

But if you've had it happen previous to the last patch it might be something else.

Broken Save, Broken Sim, Broken Game files, another mod, or duplicate mods/cc.

Easiest way is removing all mods except for WW + Animations and retest.

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg. also.

DON'T make any new saves with mods removed just exit game after testing.

If problem is fixed you have to find the broken mod causing it. 

If problem persists:

1. Try a new save first

2. Then a game repair next

Edited by Scorpio
Added Link
10 hours ago, Scorpio said:

One of the new game bugs that came from the latest patch is if/when you ask another sim about their Likes/Dislikes it bugs out the Relationship Profiles from working. This mod is a temp fix for now but may not fix sims already broken https://www.patreon.com/posts/52137385

But if you've had it happen previous to the last patch it might be something else.

Broken Save, Broken Sim, Broken Game files, another mod, or duplicate mods/cc.

Easiest way is removing all mods except for WW + Animations and retest.

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg. also.

DON'T make any new saves with mods removed just exit game after testing.

If problem is fixed you have to find the broken mod causing it. 

If problem persists:

1. Try a new save first

2. Then a game repair next

It seemed to go away after I removed the Basemental Drugs venue list, but then that's what I did the last time which "fixed" it only for it to show up again. I'll see what happens this time around and if it is the glitch you mentioned earlier I guess I'll have to try out that mod you linked to (thanks by the way).

42 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

It seemed to go away after I removed the Basemental Drugs venue list

In case you didn't know you can't have more than one venue list installed at the same time.

Several other mods each include their own venue lists so you might have another one.

This seems to only be happening when I click on specific sims, but it will persist once the glitch is active. In this case every other sim is fine until I click on a sim called Edith Robles, who I think is a randomly generated sim since I can't find any information about her online.

I tried the mod you linked to but it doesn't seem to fix the problem I'm having. I have been seeing a UI error log being printed every time I log into the game but it doesn't help much as I can't understand what it's saying the issue is.

7 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

This seems to only be happening when I click on specific sims, but it will persist once the glitch is active. In this case every other sim is fine until I click on a sim called Edith Robles, who I think is a randomly generated sim since I can't find any information about her online.

Could be that sim is bugged so you could try deleting her but if it happens again obviously you need to find the cause anyway.

Odds are it's another mod causing it tho.

22 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Could be that sim is bugged so you could try deleting her but if it happens again obviously you need to find the cause anyway.

Odds are it's another mod causing it tho.

Apparently one of the mods I updated caused the error log to go away after I left the lot my sim was on, now ther are no more error logs. I guess the error was still running on that save and went away once I left the area. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani