Any way to edit your mod page without sending an update notice?

Hi,

Just noticed the new announcement on this site.

Spoiler

image.png.12b741e520c7ee59377e653be1d1cd25.png

I like to make small edits to my mod page (to keep info up to date, improve language&formatting, etc.) on a semi-frequent basis. I know it's a bad habit and I feel a bit guilty sending all the mod's followers a notification just because I made a small change or wanted to fix a typo. And now this announcement has got me thinking some more.

Is there a way to make changes "secretly", ie without spamming those who are following you or "artificially bumping" your mod's page?

And if not, could this be a future feature?

Thanks.

Edited by CorruptGenie

If you edit the page in the first days when the mod was published, then there is no problem.

The warning is for people constantly changing the mod page, often also by re-uploading all the files without a single change to them.

The staff will check the changes. For the first week or two, we will simply ignore all page update.

If the mod gets updated once per week after, then that will be considered spam.

22 minutes ago, CPU said:

If you edit the page in the first days when the mod was published, then there is no problem.

The warning is for people constantly changing the mod page, often also by re-uploading all the files without a single change to them.

The staff will check the changes. For the first week or two, we will simply ignore all page update.

Ok, I guess that's fair. I suppose constant updates probably also puts more strain on the site.

As for a "secret editing" feature to avoid spamming followers, perhaps I could just make do with using the forum topic more.

Hypothetically, I could post my smaller incremental updates in the forum topic (and have the mod's most committed followers test it first). Then, when the smaller updates accumulate enough to be worth sticking them into a bigger update, I can edit the mod page.

Edited by CorruptGenie

I dare not test it now ? but does the mod get refreshed when you edit the text on the mod page too?

I honestly do that quite often. Most of the time I update the FAQ section, missing references in credit sections, list new bugs etc, planning, new pics etc... I don't think I'm able to do it all at once when I upload a new version ?. I might have to tone it down a bit then.

3 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

I dare not test it now ? but does the mod get refreshed when you edit the text on the mod page too?

I honestly do that quite often. Most of the time I update the FAQ section, missing references in credit sections, list new bugs etc, planning, new pics etc... I don't think I'm able to do it all at once when I upload a new version ?. I might have to tone it down a bit then.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing too now. Maybe I misinterpreted.

Edited by CorruptGenie

I would actually like to update the screenshots without actively bumping my mods.  I found that out when I updated pics and had to make a 'bump' saying..."This is NOT a bump.  Sorry, guys!

Edit details allows you to change the main page text, but the screenshots is a different matter.  That is tied solely to the Update New Version widget.

4 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

I would actually like to update the screenshots without actively bumping my mods.  I found that out when I updated pics and had to make a 'bump' saying..."This is NOT a bump.  Sorry, guys!

Edit details allows you to change the main page text, but the screenshots is a different matter.  That is tied solely to the Update New Version widget.

So "Edit Details" is fine to do as much as you want? That's mostly what I care about; not the "Update New Version".

Edited by CorruptGenie
On 5/28/2021 at 10:48 AM, CPU said:

Hi! I was wondering if uploading new file will count as spam too? Not re-uploading or updating the main page. Uploading something new to the download section (in our own existing thread). I upload something new every 3-4 days to the download section (following the calendar I put on my download file thread). I don't want it to seen as spam. What should I do?

Thank you

19 minutes ago, TastyTexture said:

Hi! I was wondering if uploading new file will count as spam too? Not re-uploading or updating the main page. Uploading something new to the download section (in our own existing thread). I upload something new every 3-4 days to the download section (following the calendar I put on my download file thread). I don't want it to seen as spam. What should I do?

Thank you

Uploading a new file is not considered a useless update.

But only if the file is a new one or a fix oa previous one. Mods gets updated all the times.

We are now checking people (mostly Sims publishers) re-uploading about 2Gb of mods that were already uploaded months ago and just re-uploading all of them without a single change.

These people' mods are being be removed for good.

Just now, CPU said:

Uploading a new file is not considered a useless update.

But only if the file is a new one or a fix oa previous one. Mods gets updated all the times.

We are now checking people (mostly Sims publishers) re-uploading about 2Gb of mods that were already uploaded months ago and just re-uploading all of them without a single change.

These people' mods are being be removed for good.

That's a relief! Thank you so much!