Tips/Recommendations for a starter in adult mods?

Hello,

I'm trying to dwelve into this degenerate world, but I find myself kinda lost due to all the possibilities.

I'm just looking for something simple as of now, so that I can branch out later on.

Using Special Edition, already installed CBBE and SL Framework, don't know where to go next.

Thanks in advance!

Recommendation 1: if you're playing Skyrim SE, check and use the forum sections for SE.

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/72-skyrim-special-edition/

Recommendation 2: before starting to add mods, pick a mod manager and learn to use it. It will save you a lot of time for when you want to add more things.

Recommendation 3: read everything you can find about the programs and mods you intend to use. That will also save you time and problems.

Recommendation 4: if you're interested in using Mod Organizer 2 as your mod manager, I wrote this guide. It covers the most basic setup possible for SL, but also has instructions for optional features and how to expand later on.

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Recommendation 1: if you're playing Skyrim SE, check and use the forum sections for SE.

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/72-skyrim-special-edition/

Recommendation 2: before starting to add mods, pick a mod manager and learn to use it. It will save you a lot of time for when you want to add more things.

Recommendation 3: read everything you can find about the programs and mods you intend to use. That will also save you time and problems.

Recommendation 4: if you're interested in using Mod Organizer 2 as your mod manager, I wrote this guide. It covers the most basic setup possible for SL, but also has instructions for optional features and how to expand later on.

I appreciate your tips, but I wasn't looking for that lol. You see, I've been modding Bethesda games (mainly Oldrim itself, FNV and F4) for a long time so I don't have any issue within modding itself.

Could be me phrasing my doubts wrong, so I apologize for that. What I meant to say is that I'm simply looking for basic adult mods (other than what I mentioned in OP) just to get a taste of this new experience, since looking through the forums I see just too many things and I don't know what to choose for starters.

38 minutes ago, pinc said:

I appreciate your tips, but I wasn't looking for that lol. You see, I've been modding Bethesda games (mainly Oldrim itself, FNV and F4) for a long time so I don't have any issue within modding itself.

Could be me phrasing my doubts wrong, so I apologize for that. What I meant to say is that I'm simply looking for basic adult mods (other than what I mentioned in OP) just to get a taste of this new experience, since looking through the forums I see just too many things and I don't know what to choose for starters.

Ohh. Yeah, the 1st post from a new account really put me off the track here. Also the fact you're only mentioning two mods. But as you say you know your way around I assume you're using SE compatible versions and also have all its requirements in place already.

So, something simple. mods to start SL animations I guess. There is SL matchmaker (the original one works fine in SE), simplest mod around I guess, just a couple of spells to get things in motion. There is also Sexlab Romance, SLEN, Follow me for sex, these ones use dialogues (SLEN also has some spells and contextual events). To see more animations there is SLAL and animations packs as in the old days, just make sure to grab already ported mods (this is a must for every mod you intend to use really).

If you're familiar with LE mods you could take a look at the existing conversions, perhaps you can use the same or similar mods in SE. For this, and to get direct links to all the mods I mention above, you can check the dedicated threads that compile and list mods and information for SE (blue links in my signature). My recommendation of using SE specific forum sections stands. You may think this "Skyrim General Discussion" is to discuss things about Skyrim in general, but most of the posts and info for SE aren't here. And people will likely point that fact and send you to the SE sections anyways.

24 minutes ago, Buridan said:

SE actually has a handy compiled list. Not a bad idea to skim over the list and click into any that sound interesting, then install them and their prerequisites.

If you're looking for something vanilla to begin with, I'd go with something like SexLab Romance and SexLab Solutions.

22 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Ohh. Yeah, the 1st post from a new account really put me off the track here. Also the fact you're only mentioning two mods. But as you say you know your way around I assume you're using SE compatible versions and also have all its requirements in place already.

So, something simple. mods to start SL animations I guess. There is SL matchmaker (the original one works fine in SE), simplest mod around I guess, just a couple of spells to get things in motion. There is also Sexlab Romance, SLEN, Follow me for sex, these ones use dialogues (SLEN also has some spells and contextual events). To see more animations there is SLAL and animations packs as in the old days, just make sure to grab already ported mods (this is a must for every mod you intend to use really).

If you're familiar with LE mods you could take a look at the existing conversions, perhaps you can use the same or similar mods in SE. For this, and to get direct links to all the mods I mention above, you can check the dedicated threads that compile and list mods and information for SE (blue links in my signature). My recommendation of using SE specific forum sections stands. You may think this "Skyrim General Discussion" is to discuss things about Skyrim in general, but most of the posts and info for SE aren't here. And people will likely point that fact and send you to the SE sections anyways.

Thank you!

Also sorry if I didn't post this in SE discussion, I had a Mandela effect moment and thought I was in the right section :P

Whatever your modding style is the process is always the same as far as i know. So the usual:

>Get a mod manager and learn to use it's features properly.

>See what mods you want by reading their descriptions carefully and keeping notes of what other mods they might conflict with.

>Definitely pay attention to dependency mods since may mods don't run by themselves and need a whole host of other mods to function.

>Be sure to read install process of mods to make sure you're not doing things wrong from the start. Some mods require you to do extra stuff like ini editing.

>Install 2 or 3 mods at a time and make sure they're running properly to make sure you don't choke yourself out in a CTD loop.

>Pay attention to the load order, always use something like LOOT.

Yeah that's about it, problems will occur at one point or another so be prepared for that but you can always look them up online and find solutions.