WIP Videos

17 hours ago, Marburg said:

that's the plan.

@ all : don't hesitate to make suggestions. good ideas are always welcome!

I have a suggestion? 

You can try to make a bendable cat tail toy ?

I wonder where this is going?

work in progress - i left out some parts so i can see what the morphing parts are doing during development.

to create a morphing toy like this involves a little bit of coding / scripting and that is easier if you can see what you are doing.

Edited by Marburg
  • 2 weeks later...

Final version, time sped up for demo.

The clock is not very accurate but close enough to "real time" that you wont notice.

How It's Made

very simple... three flat planes, each with a largely transparent texture for the seconds, minutes or hours hand.

All three planes are animated to rotate 360 degrees around their central axis.
The playback speed of each hand animation is timed so they appear to move at different speeds but in sync

Same house, different clock, different approach

How It's Made

with a fairly simple texture animation. The texture contains two images, one with lit and one with unlit digits.

The animation code switches between those two images by manipulating the texture map coordinates. Sorta like flipbook animation on one page.

BTW: the blinking frequency in the game is lower, the video capture speeds up everything (frramerate mismatch?)

Edited by Marburg
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...