image.png.1059d33d3d9d23db835d8fe830ac21ab.png

Soul Dossier is a realistic, Chinese-style, multiplayer (5vs1) horror game. An official sequel to Notes of Soul.

The game is designed based on the multifarious Chinese culture, including the Five Elements; the Eight Trigrams and folklore.

-----------------------------

STEAM: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1520470/_/

Publisher:  鸽屋咕游戏/GewuguGame

DeveloperHong Kong)GKD Game Studio

-------------------------------

Request from @Demised

-------------------------------

Mod Preview:

Spoiler

image.png.41c3feafeaf52b0133cdd1795b883aa0.pngimage.png.ede9a9cd7949b0e7e6bbdc696a691174.pngimage.png.a9d8e2385e6e04703012237c3e295193.png982880127_GIRLD.png.d6adb43266c75049aa2683bdd05dd91d.pngimage.png.b2c413236d22c0cb0cf4664a561c785b.pngimage.png.6aeae6940f15d5cc52d3c13f7e1e8cba.png

A request of my own: Guys don't go around posting the progress or screenshot of this mod everywhere. Let's learn from what happened with Genshin Impact and keep screenshot exclusive to this forum otherwise devs will known about it and release some kind of patch that will make it impossible to mod the game and also ban players who were using it.

So what will you do?

• Only post it here preferably hiding your name (SteamID,GameID and so on)
  • Only talk about it here

Simple right?

If I get to know of someone posting this mod in another place. I will keep it private to use and delete this topic.

This mod will only replaces default costumes.

INSTALL PATH: steamapps\common\封灵档案\NotesOfSoul\Binaries\Win64
INSTRUCTIONS:

Spoiler

!!! Run game on DX11 !!! 

L - Show Help
CTRL+M - Toggle Mods On/OFF

If you want to disable a certain mod add EX to it's name.

ie: EXGirl A

Download [MOD] Soul Dossier.7z

For now file names are "Girl X" since I don't know their names, game is in chinese. When I actually know their name I'll rename it corresponding to each girl.

I wasn't able to properly edit texture files yet the texture I'm extracting are using a strange color pattern which I'm unable to identify.

Spoiler

Original image.png.77e52af8e5d4ad3fd5a92355ba0d8b4c.png 

With a bit of tweaking image.png.6a2600ccae35c73e82aab6e6ddb4df71.png

Original File - 000019.0-[commandlist_sd_general]-ps-t0=f1a0d617.dds     

Editing mod hotkeys.

Changing mod hotkeys.

Opend d3dx.ini and search for [KeyToggleMods]
image.png.7a6f2243a3c5d26d3aa7cd06a7bf9789.png
Change no_modifiers F2 to the hotkey you want.
ie:
Changing to
Key = CTRL M
Will make mods toggle on/off when you press CTRL+M
Or if you just want a single key 
Key = no_modifiers M
Will make make mods toggle on/off when you press M

For the Help screen (F1)
Do the same thing.
The files is located in ShaderFixes.
Open help.ini and change

image.png.f44308ca073aa80bf131de1cdbe0a903.png
Key = no_modifiers F1
To whatever you want.
In this case I changed to L.
I'm not sure if the game is already using L for something but anyway this is just an example.
You can make these changes while in game. Just press F10 after saving the .ini and it will refresh the configs.

Luao Fang Fix GIRL A - Luo_Fang.ini - Place in Mods folder - NEW

Once again don't post screenshot of it anywhere, keep it here preferably. Don't make me regret it.
Also keep in note that it's an online game although it's not a cheat steam guard might think otherwise.
So it's best if you use it on a throw away account.

Edited by The Butler
  • The Butler changed the title to Soul Dossier

Nice, yeah no idea how to go about texture editing, at least yet, but the first time I tried this it felt that removing clothing was going to be pretty simple. The texture thing may be because of the lighting effects, maybe it's pulling all of the files for all of the shading together. I noticed on 3dmigoto as you cycle through hashes, a lot of hashes are lighting and shadows.

21 minutes ago, Demised said:

Nice, yeah no idea how to go about texture editing, at least yet, but the first time I tried this it felt that removing clothing was going to be pretty simple. The texture thing may be because of the lighting effects, maybe it's pulling all of the files for all of the shading together. I noticed on 3dmigoto as you cycle through hashes, a lot of hashes are lighting and shadows.

I used 3dmigoto for texture editing in other games and it was pretty straightforward, in this case though it seems like there are different images coming together to form the final images, and after skimming different girls and dumping their textures.
It end up that all of them shares the same skin texture. The main difference being the lightning.

Also Editing the mesh isn't possible, while we can extract the mesh it has 2 vb and current plugin for blender only support 1.
So we can't edit mesh, at least with blender.

Talking about lightning. If you take a look at the .inis I had to remove 2 shadow buffers. for each piece.
But what took most of my time was actually try how to remember how 3dmigoto works >.<.

33 minutes ago, candylover said:

thank you for sharing, did you censored the screenshots purposely or does it still under progress?

Nope that's how it looks.
I just removed the clothing. If I could properly extract the texture I could draw nipples and her pussy but get texture is the tricky part as I said above, after dumping it what I get is a strange colored one.

Yeah the moment we can figure out how to extract just the skin texture instead of the muddled combination of many things linked to the skin texture, a nude mod would be a simple edit anyone could do in mspaint. Until then, this as it is is pretty nice.

The boob and butt physics are pretty top notch in this game though, it is also still pretty early access. For people that were interested in playing, it has English translations, unfortunately they all broke last update, should be back to being in English next patch.

Used NinjaRipper and was able to get the skin texture. Tex_0021, texture rip from wardrobe screen. A lot of the shader textures of the skin came ripped too, and all of them have the nude details on them uncensored, just in various forms of depth, and weird colors. 

I will work on this texture and edit it myself soon if no one else does something with it first.

Tex_0021.dds

Edit - There is also some kind of distance model toggle LOD going on, at a distance it appears the mod isn't working, then when someone gets close, poof, their clothes vanish.

1 hour ago, Demised said:

Used NinjaRipper and was able to get the skin texture. Tex_0021, texture rip from wardrobe screen. A lot of the shader textures of the skin came ripped too, and all of them have the nude details on them uncensored, just in various forms of depth, and weird colors. 

I will work on this texture and edit it myself soon if no one else does something with it first.

Tex_0021.dds 16 MB · 0 downloads

Edit - There is also some kind of distance model toggle LOD going on, at a distance it appears the mod isn't working, then when someone gets close, poof, their clothes vanish.

It's good to have the texture but without a know shader to inject the it we can't do anything.
And the thing is if I'm able to get that shader I'll also be able to extract the correct texture.

As for the distance stuff we can only pinpoint it with more people to shader hunt. I tried to remove the camera blur when you zoom in as well but I didn't find anything.

Edit:
After taking another look there are a ton of things that isn't working the way they should.
And the way 3Dmigoto is getting somethings is pretty dumb.
I'll save this progress here and start from scratch again.
I remember I had a similar problem with Persona 5, but I don't know how I fixed it.
3DMigoto wasn't getting the models itself, it was grabbing the drawing....
Anyway restarting from scratch.

PS; I noticed this mod will only work on High Settings as well, lol

So many things to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my English is not very good, so you may not understand some of them, but I still want to thank you. Game makers added safety pants to the basic models on June 5. Can you remove them? , Because I don’t know how to make and modify the model, unfortunately I can’t help you, so I can only look forward to your latest work. Finally, I want to express my sincerest thanks to you

I only opened this game on a single day.
Unfortunatelly my computer isn't good enough to run it.
However I'll try to open it right now and see what can be changed.
I'll also try to change F1 & F2 keys.to something like CTRL+M and CTRL+H.

Unfortunatelly.

Spoiler

image.png.08c931877991ee8bbe577b71d22ac563.png

It's a texture paint. And since I can't get the texture files and the proper model hash I can't fix it.

EDIT:
Changing mod hotkeys.
Opend d3dx.ini and search for [KeyToggleMods]
image.png.7a6f2243a3c5d26d3aa7cd06a7bf9789.png
Change no_modifiers F2 to the hotkey you want.
ie:
Changing to
Key = CTRL M
Will make mods toggle on/off when you press CTRL+M
Or if you just want a single key 
Key = no_modifiers M
Will make make mods toggle on/off when you press M

For the Help screen (F1)
Do the same thing.
The files is located in ShaderFixes.
Open help.ini and change

image.png.f44308ca073aa80bf131de1cdbe0a903.png
Key = no_modifiers F1
To whatever you want.
In this case I changed to L.
I'm not sure if the game is already using L for something but anyway this is just an example.
You can make these changes while in game. Just press F10 after saving the .ini and it will refresh the configs.

As a little bonus here is a fixed environment shadow for the first girl. She will also work in all resolution/texture quality
GIRL A - Luo_Fang.ini

Paste it inside Mods folder and delete the previous Girl A.ini.

Edited by The Butler

The method may have been patched out. There are going to be a lot of patches, some can break the mods. But thanks for showing interest in the game. Hopefully, someday, there will be working mods for it when it's near complete.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am sorry that the problem of safety paint can not be solved for the time being, but I am sure that the problem will be solved by us as the follow-up progresses. I am not sure what I can do for you, but I can provide you with the names of all the current female agents, from left to right: Luo Fang, Qing Hong, He Ruo Yao, Su Qing Li, Jia Hui, Shang Xiang, and, finally, look forward to your latest work, which I will keep in view and help test new modules

• 1 month later...

Lua Fang fix added to main post.
This will be the last update from my as well.

I no longer play this game and my pc doesn't run it smoothly.
So I also won't be able to earn in game currency to purchase new girl to bug hunt on them.
So that's all from me.
Have fun gaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you help me with information how to mod this game?

I know how files are named by devs, i can access encrypted files, i know a bit of 2D graphics but idk anything about coding or how should I pack files. Do i need unreal engine to do that? If you want to cooperate, i think we can do something together (i understand you are not playing this game anymore, but you can help me carry your heritage).

If someone with modding knowledge would like to cooperate with me, write "808731" under this guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2554806372 I'll contact you.

Edited by LewdMasculinist
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021/9/30 at PM2点31分, Demised said:

没有更新,他们仍然在改变大量的东西,但有一点信息,他们发布了一个萝莉蜘蛛女孩杀手,她使用 3dmigoto 在她的衣服下面完全裸体纹理。 

image.png.e554f3c6453d356e41cad452e41667cf.png

On 2021/9/30 at PM2点31分, Demised said:

没有更新,他们仍然在改变大量的东西,但有一点信息,他们发布了一个萝莉蜘蛛女孩杀手,她使用 3dmigoto 在她的衣服下面完全裸体纹理。 

Hello, can you please share this mod with me, this is one of my main characters currently playing, I like this mod very much

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...