Gomorrah Elevator Script (or any other elevator) script question

Totally random question, can anyone attempt to explain how the Gomorrah (or any other elevator for that matter) script works?

I am looking at it and scratching my head. It doesn't make sense - the elevator door basically pops up a message to the player where they can select which floor to go to and the script which controls it always has the same four options - stay here, go to 1st floor, go to lower brimstone, go to suites (paraphrasing here) but somehow on each floor it recognises which floor you are on and removes that floor from the option and adds the missing one (so if you are on the lower floor, it removes lower floor as an option, and adds say the main level, and if you are on the main level, if recognises that and removes the main level and adds the lower brimstone as an option) but there is nothing in the script that indicates it is capable of doing that.

Does anyone know what is going on here and how it's doing this? I'm asking because if I wanted to copy this function for an elevator script of my own, I want to know how to make this behaviour happen for myself.  I'll take a few screenshots soon to hopefully help. 

It's as if I"m missing one of the moving parts here.

Thank you for any and all help!

call elevator.png

from lower brimstone.png

from main level.png

gomorrah elevator door all out.png

gomorrah elevator door.png

gomorrah elevator message.png

gomorrah elevator script.txt

The appearance of those buttons is controlled by conditions in the message form itself, not the script. You notice that those buttons each have a question mark next to them, indicating that their position on the message box isn't guaranteed. Click on each of those buttons in the message form and you'll see they have GetInCell conditions on them.

2 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

The appearance of those buttons is controlled by conditions in the message form itself, not the script. You notice that those buttons each have a question mark next to them, indicating that their position on the message box isn't guaranteed. Click on each of those buttons in the message form and you'll see they have GetInCell conditions on them.

Oh ffs... 1st because I clocked that earlier and forgot to ask it in my question, but 2ndly because it's one of those Windows 10 bugs where unless I CTRL + Numpad + on the item conditions, it shows it as empty. So the whole time I wasn't sure why the question mark was there and just saw an empty Item Conditions box... 

Thanks DS, super helpful as always!

EDIT: Bonus Question: Where is the "Call Elevator?" text handled? I can't see that either anywhere I search for. In the GECK it shows the Main Level door is teleport linked to the Brimstone Lower Level Door as per normal (which seems redundant given the elevator script already attached to the door anyway?) but it still doesn't show where Call Elevator would be shown.

1 hour ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

EDIT: Bonus Question: Where is the "Call Elevator?" text handled? I can't see that either anywhere I search for. In the GECK it shows the Main Level door is teleport linked to the Brimstone Lower Level Door as per normal (which seems redundant given the elevator script already attached to the door anyway?) but it still doesn't show where Call Elevator would be shown.

Well, that took some searching, but it's in the "Activate Parents" tab on the door reference. There's a text input there called the Interaction Text Override. Looks pretty handy, that, shame they hide it so far out of the way.

30 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Well, that took some searching, but it's in the "Activate Parents" tab on the door reference. There's a text input there called the Interaction Text Override. Looks pretty handy, that, shame they hide it so far out of the way.

Are you kidding me??!!! ?

Usually if I don't see a yellow/green/blue link from an asset to anything else I just don't assume it has any linked refs or parents, which is why I never even thought of looking there!

image.png

Man I've worked with so many questionable engines in my time but the GECK always takes the biscuit... 

Thanks again DS, massively appreciated!