[CK] How to move an object more accurate?

I try to learn placement and movement of objects in the CK.

I can do all that easily, but the objects always move like a meter at once which makes accurate placement impossible.

Is there some hidden option/hotkey to make the movement more accurate? (same for rotation etc.) 

thx

When you double click an object to edit it, look for the 3D data tab, which will have both position and rotation x-y-z coords.  When trying to match up wall or floor squares, i will double click one, note the coords and then double click another on another axis and note its, so I have both the x and y of the object I'm placing.  If you move the Edit window so that you can see a vase, picture or whatever, you can watch as you move it using the dialog and see it exactly where you need it.

If that is what you are doing and the object is still racing across the screen, there is a "Scale" option that should be at 1 (or at least mine is).

You can move objects manually by turning ‘snap to grid’ and ‘snap to angle’ off. (Not recommended)

Spoiler

01.jpg

A better alternative is to leave ‘snap to grid’ and ‘snap to angle’ on and just reduce the step size.
Right click on the render window and choose ‘Render Window Properties’. 

Spoiler

02.jpg

There under ‘Movement tab’ reduce the ‘snap to grid’ and ‘snap to angle’ step size. 

Spoiler

03.jpg

Also don’t forget that you can snap one object to another. Select the object that needs aligning then hit ‘Shift Q’ and your cursor will become a crosshair, release ‘Shift Q’ and select the object you want to align/snap to. 

6 hours ago, Nymra said:

I try to learn placement and movement of objects in the CK.

I can do all that easily, but the objects always move like a meter at once which makes accurate placement impossible.

Is there some hidden option/hotkey to make the movement more accurate? (same for rotation etc.) 

thx

I haven't done any SKyrim 3D CK work in years, but IIRC you can hold shift or alt and it will slow the movement down. You can also right click on the render window to change the movement steps

You should have Magic button on Your mouse to change how fast mouse move...

unless u have 10+ years old mouse?...

Q = on/off Snap to Grid Mode

Ctrl + Q = on/off snap to Angle mode

Shift + Q = Select grid reference

G = local/global orientation

F = drop on floor ( sometimes need to be clicked few times #CK Collison Technology )

You can also use Arrows keys to move Object ( in world mode You can jump by one chunk with Arrows )

in properties You can change Arrow Speed and set it to 1 so You can move object by 1 unit ( 1 unit is min ) so u get as much precise movement u can in CK

ofc. You can lock movement by using ZXC to lock it on selected axis but that u should probably already know...

btw. the closer u are to the object the more precise movement is... but as everything in CK... its rly poor...

but best option is to just click that button on ur mouse to change speed ;x...

//Edit:

@ Inte - im gonna borrow pic. from You :)

03.jpg.8177d605cccf9db7ea8f4bc00cbafa40.jpg.3fb2b660fae69641aac4af741bc889ba.jpg

Click to make it bigger !...

Here you can change Arrow Speed... if You set it to 1 You move selected by 1 Unity on Arrows Keys

btw. u dont have to right click Render Window...

there is button on right from data buton to open properties ;x...

but both ways to open properties works... my way i just faster xDDD

1 hour ago, -̒̈́̕?̖̪̼?̒̈́̕??̒̈́̕?- said:

You should have Magic button on Your mouse to change how fast mouse move...

unless u have 10+ years old mouse?...

I dont understand that part at all.

I use my mouse to draw and retouch in photoshop with best precision :P
Mouse speed was not the issue here.

The "Movement steps" was, as described by you further down and by other answers.

Thx alot! Makes working alot easier. 

Now I ll work through all the other feedback