Skyrim's Shrouded Secret Poll for the Main Quest

Skyrim's Shrouded Secret Poll for the Main Quest!  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Time permitting, I am going to begin the main voiced quest for Skyrim's Shrouded Secret and would like the users input, Which Whiterun NPC should I use to fire off the main quest thru dialogue?

• Jenassa - (Once you hire her as a follower, dialogue will appear to begin the quest "The Road Less Traveled")
    • Hulda - (Dialogue will appear to begin the quest "The Road Less Traveled")
    • Irileth - (Dialogue will appear to begin the quest "The Road Less Traveled")
    • Jon Battle-Born - (Dialogue will appear to begin the quest "The Road Less Traveled")
    • Uthgerd the Unbroken - (Taking her as a follower, Dialogue will appear to begin the quest "The Road Less Traveled")
    • Olfina - (Dialogue will appear to begin the quest "The Road Less Traveled")

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2021 at 12:00 PM

3 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Hmm, tough choice. I see several options I like here. Ultimately went with Hulda as she's one NPC that almost any character who visits Whiterun will interact with.

All these NPCs will be implemented in the quest, but how this poll chooses to start it and the path it takes depends on where it starts, thanks for your input :)

17 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Hmm, tough choice. I see several options I like here. Ultimately went with Hulda as she's one NPC that almost any character who visits Whiterun will interact with.

I also want to say, that any input you would like to see put into the upcoming main quest(s) please give me ideas here, I am saving them in a notepad and will implement them if it permits as I build the quest

4 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

I also want to say, that any input you would like to see put into the upcoming main quest(s) please give me ideas here, I am saving them in a notepad and will implement them if it permits as I build the quest

Excellent, I'll keep that in mind. 

1 minute ago, bubba999 said:

Uthgerd, because she's a useful fighter, I've get her looking hot, and she's obviously a dominant.

HAHA, that must have taken some work to make HER look hot!

One more thing going for Hulda is her Nord voice. Since the accent is so thick the dialog voice by the SKVASynth feels somehow more natural than for other voices. Imo, ofc.

It seems at the moment Hulda and Uthgerd are leading, they are pretty easy to combine since they are in the same place. So let's say Hulda sends you off on the quest, Uthgerd overhears you and then forces you into taking her with you.

1 hour ago, lumenis said:

One more thing going for Hulda is her Nord voice. Since the accent is so thick the dialog voice by the SKVASynth feels somehow more natural than for other voices. Imo, ofc.

It seems at the moment Hulda and Uthgerd are leading, they are pretty easy to combine since they are in the same place. So let's say Hulda sends you off on the quest, Uthgerd overhears you and then forces you into taking her with you.

Is a good idea...thing about SASynth is its a great program but not perfect, can spend hours on one line of dialogue and it will never be right, but its still better than silence :)

14 minutes ago, devildx said:

I voted for Ofina but think Hulda is good also since both are not used for other mods quests. All the females listed look good  here with Bijin mod.

Appreciate your input

Either way Olfina will have a quest line to cheat on Jon :)

36 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

Preference is not to have to hire mercenary to proceed quest. I have my own follower preference and it is not Jenassa or Uthgerd. Keep up the great job with this and your other mods!

There will be different quest for followers when its finished and you will be able to choose to do them or ignore them

I would ultimately avoid Hulda. Too many mods fiddle with her and whatever you do it is bound to raise issues or claims from inexperienced players who blame your mod.

My choice is Janassa, driven by the thoughts

• might still be alive, when the PC arrives
  • not used or modified by too many other mods out there
  • otherwise not involved in too many vanilla quests

But by the same criteria, you could pick any other NPC from your list. ?

1 hour ago, worik said:

I would ultimately avoid Hulda. Too many mods fiddle with her and whatever you do it is bound to raise issues or claims from inexperienced players who blame your mod.

My choice is Janassa, driven by the thoughts

• might still be alive, when the PC arrives
  • not used or modified by too many other mods out there
  • otherwise not involved in too many vanilla quests

But by the same criteria, you could pick any other NPC from your list. ?

I am going with the poll, everyone chose Hulda, as far as other vanilla quest, I do not touch vanilla quest or do I not touch vanilla NPCs, all dialogue is done thru a forced alias dialogue and conditions so i do not worry about screwing stuff up, Jenassa and Uthgurd are not used much but they will be in this, Hulda is just a starting point, nothing more so will not effect her much, she will go about her business after she steps outside top have a convo in private,

I appreciate your input, but I also do not build a mod on others inexperience with mod conflict, I used too, but now I just build my mod, if it conflict, either get rid of it, or get rid of the other, to many mods out there now to worry about conflicting mods, and peopled inexperience 

Hulda will be kinda of a go to base, when in alias she will be essential other NPCs used will be:

Uthgurd

Janessa

Olfina

Vivienne

Bryling

frabbi

Maven

Vex

Khajiit girls on the caravans (Once the voice is released for VASynth)

Sigrid

Nenya

Zaria

Serana

Cindir

and others connecting them