MOD Problems: Japanese Names/Mod Names

Hey everyone,

I have a problem for quite some time now: Costumes Names/Mod Names.

Since I cant read japanese letters/words I dont know how the costume names are spelled. This leads to the problem of naming and identifying the costumes and the mods I make for them.

Especially since they now release allready released costumes for other chars and changing some things that brake previous mods, its hard for me, and probably everyone else, to identify the costume again.

So far I have named the mods by random names I called the costumes. Or I named the mod by date the costume released. But these methods fail more and more with the rereleases of some costumes.

Modders who mod the STEAM/Global version probably dont have that problem since they have non-japanese letters for their items. It may still be words that dont make sense to them, but at least something they can read and write.

Basicly I am looking for solutions for "correctly" identify/ translate/ name the costumes from the DMM version, so I can make them easier accessable for new releases on other girls and fixes.

I need to re-organize my mod collection and I will split them in their tier rankings (N and R, SR, SSR).

On reddit there was a link to a project where they tried to collect all SSR data, but it seem to have be abandoned or really rarely updated anymore.

EDIT: Seems like they did a whole makeover of their site and listings (https://doax.cc/english.html#) but the names are still all in japanese letters, but maybe a start.

How do you guys name your mods? How do you translate the costumes from the DMM version?

Official translation

for example

https://game.doaxvv.com/production/html/information/event_gl_0218_200429_1_0_cae91f88e22801ef0447bd614077196d2d203564c41fc8afee8b8e06a8144ca6.html

English ver. just add _en front .html

https://game.doaxvv.com/production/html/information/event_gl_0218_200429_1_0_cae91f88e22801ef0447bd614077196d2d203564c41fc8afee8b8e06a8144ca6_en.html

other language have same way. _tw _ko _cn etc.

If you want to find the name. use Mod Manager search function. I think google the name can find DMM or STEAM Official website.

image.png.d2bd6a547669da7a7b993dd73a06358f.png

1 hour ago, racing9041 said:

The official translation is only available for the STEAM version! Since I make mods for the DMM version, this doesnt really help since the the suits I mod arent usually available for another year there.

The official DMM version of the game has the website: doax-venusvacation.jp

You see where my problem is?

Thats why I said STEAM modders dont have that problem.

When I mod a new suit each week I need to know its name before I can release something.

I would like to use the STEAM version translation on older suits, but since Germany banned all content that is mildly sexual, I dont have acces to it on STEAM anyways. (Amazing how a country that had a huge FKK culture just a couple decades ago is now more prude than ever....)

Actually for most of the time the official Japanese name just use the official English name but using the japanese letter to show. The official Japanese name is not even the translation of the English name.  The pronunciation of official English name and the Japanese name are exactly the same.  The pronunciations by using the Japanese letters

are twisted weirdly since it use Japanese letter to pronounce a English name.

For example, for the name of the latest character's swimsuit.  The way to pronounce トワイライトタイム in both Japanese and English are  exactly the same. They are just the English name showing in different ways.   If you use google translate for the official Japanese name.  You can exactly get the official English name correctly because they are just the English name with Japanese letters.    トワイライトタイム= Twilight time493.png

エンドルフィン・ハート=Endorphin heart492.png

パステルスイート= Pastel suite484.png

I hope you can understand my English. Since I am not a native English speaker, it may be difficult to understand. You can check the pronunciation of the official Japanese name and the English translation with Google translate. Then you can understand what I say. 

I don't know if this is helpful, but "巫女舞" is a noun coined from "巫女" and "舞い".

巫女 = shrine maiden

舞い = dance

If you read it as it is, it would be "mikomai", but if you think about the meaning in English,

it would be "a shrine maiden dancing" or "a shrine maiden dancer" etc.

The unspoken rule in Japanese is that if you read English as it is in the Japanese way, it will written in katakana.

Twilight time → Towairaito taimu → トワイライト・タイム

However, this has one drawback due to the Japanese language.
For example, パステルスイーツ

We can only imagine the English from the Japanese reading.

"Pastel suite" or "Pastel sweets" ... I don't know.

Only the person who named it will know the correct answer.

Japanese language is Fxxx.

Ok thanks thats helpfull!

My only other problem is to have the names written somewhere I can copy it and past into google translator.

Since I have to backtrack lots of suits now with all the changes they made with re-releases I dont allways have the announcement page from the website.

Edit: But if doax.cc is now up-to-date I think I can get it from there.

Anyways, I will try these translators when I can :)

3 hours ago, knight77 said:

Ok thanks thats helpfull!

My only other problem is to have the names written somewhere I can copy it and past into google translator.

Since I have to backtrack lots of suits now with all the changes they made with re-releases I dont allways have the announcement page from the website.

Edit: But if doax.cc is now up-to-date I think I can get it from there.

Anyways, I will try these translators when I can :)

For this problem, you can go here(What blinded my eyes ◡ ◡ (′▽`〃) (doax.cc))  and click the photos of the clothes in the part  of ssr illustration.  You can see and copy the Japanese name at the lower left corner.part

By the way  the website sometimes may not be very updated

51 minutes ago, cottycotty said:

By the way  the website sometimes may not be very updated

So far it seems they are getting better at catching up. Last time I checked it was still in google docs style and the last entry was over a year ago.

But the overhaul is pretty slow on my system. I dont know if its my bad internet connection or if the respond time of the website is that sluggish in general.

On 4/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, knight77 said:

So far it seems they are getting better at catching up. Last time I checked it was still in google docs style and the last entry was over a year ago.

But the overhaul is pretty slow on my system. I dont know if its my bad internet connection or if the respond time of the website is that sluggish in general.

在tumblr找不到https://theknightshinesbright.tumblr.com/这个链接。

• 2 weeks later...

@knight77

I can't copy text from just anywhere, but if you want to quickly copy names from the latest updates in the mail / post sections...

They are actually webpages rendered with Internet Explorer in-game.

First we get the link from the in-game post, then open in another browser and use dev tools or a bookmark script to allow copying.

1)

848286216_Screenshot2021-05-03001541.jpg.0c45a99f8497fc0b63bd00fd9ff2f14d.jpg

Right-click and hold on the ' X ', then drag across out past the scroll bar and release. Select properties, triple click (select the whole url) the url and right-click and copy.

2)

Paste the link you copied into the adress bar of your usual browser.

-Use the bookmark script (bookmarklet)

or

-open dev tools (F12) inspector tab.

On the <body> element delete [ oncontextmenu="return false;"oncontextmenu=" ] and [ oncopy="return false;" ]

65974624_Screenshot2021-05-03003516.jpg.c13f06b383d22e0858da73af81953bac.jpg

-now you can copy the text you select from that page, and paste into a translator.

1431094061_Screenshot2021-05-03003703.jpg.424b806beb5cba4d7194d41de139f132.jpg

A bookmarklet is javascript in a browser bookmark that executes on the opened page when the bookmark is clicked.

-make a new bookmark, set the name, and in the location or url field paste this code:

javascript:(function(){document.body.removeAttribute('oncontextmenu');document.body.removeAttribute('oncopy');}())

if you refresh the the page you need to use the bookmark again.

Hope this helps.

If you right click on the left side of the scrollbar of the patch notes, and click propreties, you can get the url for that page.
Just past the url in Chrome and you get a translated version. There are some translation errors but those are the names that most moderators on discord/reddit use for their patch notes.
Also useful to actually read the patch notes.

1-

DOAX_VV_k4XUA9JfpH.png.2227a7c5e07c5586eb106a51d2bbf92c.png

2-

DOAX_VV_NXd5hsamWU.png.ef08c6fc1d47633add4fe9239e299d62.png

3-