My sim seems to always be on her period. Having to change tampons and pads every few hours and even though she does change them, she gets a 'periodic stench' moodlet and close by sims get a 'fishy odor' moodlet. I tried all sorts of settings but had to change settings from menstrual cycle to simple. I was hoping for a surprise pregnancy but I also had to put her on the pill. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong, please? 
Thank you in advance!

On 4/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, TDW5115 said:

My sim seems to always be on her period. Having to change tampons and pads every few hours and even though she does change them, she gets a 'periodic stench' moodlet and close by sims get a 'fishy odor' moodlet. I tried all sorts of settings but had to change settings from menstrual cycle to simple. I was hoping for a surprise pregnancy but I also had to put her on the pill. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong, please? 
Thank you in advance!

I started paying more attention to my sims cycle recently and I noticed the periodic stench buff too.

If you shift click on your sim and choose wicked and then pregnancy info you will get something like this:

398404712_InkedScreenshot2021-04-0720_33.05_LI.jpg.be821ac1445db9f1c6319a29e956b5df.jpg

As you can see my sim isn't on her period but she is wearing a pad.

If you have MCCC you can look at the active buffs on a sim and you'll probably see something like this:

377175960_Screenshot2021-04-0720_40_17.png.fe45adf38fb9230ee8df4fa02e181f80.png

The first one is a hidden buff, no idea what it is about, but it probably is one of the two current buffs reported in the pregancy info.

Removing the buffs is no help, because they will come back and you will be able to see a visible buff (sim is wearing pad) for a bunch of sims hours, then it will desappear and, after 18 sims hours since your sim put on the pad, you will get the periodic stench buff.

What I did to solve the problem was remove the pads from her inventory and give her tampons.

The periodic stench buff went away. No idea if she will get another stench buff with the tampons when she will have another period, but her daughter had no problems so far.