Better Vampires Sanguinare Praestare doesn't work right.

I didn't quite know where to post this but I have the following issue. I can use Sanguinare Praestare right on anyone, eyes changing and everything but as soon as I dare to turn off the game and restart it, they turn back into mortals. Anyone know what is the cause of this? I'm playing the LE version btw. I haven't seen this issue in their troubleshooting pages either. I even got rid of any mods that were proven to be incompatible with it and still it happens. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you for reading this.

18 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

You sure they are not vampires anymore?

If it's just the eyes, they are still vampires. Sometimes it needs another loading door or a quicksaveload.. At least that's what does it for me on SE.

I thought this too at first. But then when I used vampire eyes on them they were picked up as "mortals". So that means to me that the game doesn't recognise them as vampires at all. beyond that I don't have any other issues with the mod. Perhaps it is indeed as you say that I have to be patient and wait a while. I just find this very odd.

8 minutes ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

I thought this too at first. But then when I used vampire eyes on them they were picked up as "mortals". So that means to me that the game doesn't recognise them as vampires at all. beyond that I don't have any other issues with the mod. Perhaps it is indeed as you say that I have to be patient and wait a while. I just find this very odd.

Mh it's just what i always have with them.  Just play a while, i would say take one of them with you and see if there eyes change from themselfs. I don't really know if better vampires makes them real vampires or just give them the spells and eyes of them to let it look like they are. Would explain the eye change bug i have experienced.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, Gukahn said:

Mh it's just what i always have with them.  Just play a while, i would say take one of them with you and see if there eyes change from themselfs. I don't really know if better vampires makes them real vampires or just give them the spells and eyes of them to let it look like they are. Would explain the eye change bug i have experienced.

nope still happening. It's like the game completely "forget" they were ever bitten. Could it be an eff bug?

On 4/12/2021 at 4:39 AM, Michele Magus said:

Sounds like they are missing the "Vampire" keyword.

Do you have any other vampire overhauls besides Better Vampires" installed?

No I don't. It's just weird that it works in the game itself but as soon as I restart the game it's gone. So I'm guessing it got applied in the first place but then it got somehow deleted but since that change doesn't happen immediately, it's possible that the change wasn't finalized making it seem like "it worked" when it actually never did. What mods can possibly change this? I only Better vampire as vampire overhaul mod but I also use various pregancy mods like soulgem oven and some devious devices mods as well. I genuinely hope these aren't cause it somehow.

Better vampires is already at the bottom of the load order so it just cannot be load order related.
edit: nvm, I put the files in the left panel right before any anim mods but didn't change the load order itself apparently. Let's see what'll happen now.