Why are my horse carts purple? (pic included)

Portions of my horse carts/wagons are purple. I suspect one of my recently downloaded SLAL packs may have fiddled with the texture, but I don't actually have evidence (if I knew, I'd post in that mod's support thread). Pretty sure the bits that are purple are normally iron texture.

20210328035857_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Eladano said:

Portions of my horse carts/wagons are purple. I suspect one of my recently downloaded SLAL packs may have fiddled with the texture, but I don't actually have evidence (if I knew, I'd post in that mod's support thread). Pretty sure the bits that are purple are normally iron texture.

Missing textures

textures\furniture\prisonercarriage\PrisonerCarriage01.dds

textures\furniture\prisonercarriage\PrisonerCarriage01_n.dds

You can extract them from the Textures bsa in your data folder.

14 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

You can extract them from the Textures bsa in your data folder.

Where do I put them once I extract them? Do I copy them and paste them somewhere else, or reinstall them through my mod manager?

I guess a better question is "I'm a novice, what questions should I be asking?".

1 hour ago, Eladano said:

Where do I put them once I extract them? Do I copy them and paste them somewhere else, or reinstall them through my mod manager?

I guess a better question is "I'm a novice, what questions should I be asking?".

This is going to come down to which mod actually did the changing of the textures. You'll have to check your recently installed mods for the aforementioned folder and replace the textures in there (if any are there) with the default ones from the bsa. This is an absolute guess from the folder names, but it may be the case that this only affects the carts from the opening cutscene, so this problem may have been there longer than you think.

Edit: Just realized, this might still all be gibberish to you. In that case, just post your load order and someone should be able to point out the most likey mods to be the offending ones and we'll go from there. 

9 hours ago, Eladano said:

Create this file folder path in your Data folder, if they are not already present.

textures\furniture\prisonercarriage

Now MANUALLY copy and paste the PrisonerCarriage01.dds and PrisonerCarriage01_n.dds textures into the prisonercarriage folder.

In whatever mod management program you use toggle archive invalidation on and off and then leave it on.

Launch the game and see what happens.