What are Txx files exactly and how do I modify them?

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:25 PM, nikoli grimm said:

I assume this request is for an older version of a TK17 v7.5 file. The .txx extension is a DataPerfect text storage file.

You can use TXX ENCODER/DECODER to code/decode it into a format you can use. I have found some .txx files are incompatible with TK17 v10

Hey do you know where can I find the TXX encoder/decoder, I can't find them anywhere and the one you have posted is pretty much unavailable.

Would be helpful.

3 hours ago, XSGamer said:

Hey do you know where can I find the TXX encoder/decoder

I'm pretty sure this is the proper zip file. TKShellTools.rar Though I have the programs on my rig, I had to dig around through several of my unused external drives to find the installer for it. I originally downloaded the file over a decade ago and have just transferred the programs over every time I got a new rig. 

If I remember correctly, it should install encoders/decoders for TXX, BSB and BLEX files, though I don't remember if the tools themselves have other requirements.

Here's also an old link that still works that has some relevant information on it (though most it's links are dead) and other items related to working with TK17 files.

Edited by nikoli grimm