[mod] Character Body Overhaul

1 hour ago, 420Edon said:

@Mange2020

Okay, new thing - unwanted xray effect

I made this animation so that they are rotating and clipping through each other on purpose to showcase it

any ideas?

Yeah that's just kind of inevitable. we could add more windows with more cameras that are closer together, but eventually the game starts to slow down, and also the black lines between the windows get much more noticeable. It's the type of thing that when you are animating you will notice, but no one else will, haha. I generally just avoid having them touch exactly so that the perspective looks right. 

The pose looks good btw. We should start merging our asset files in future so that we they can all be on one place (I think asset files are the type of thing where they always overwrite each other). 

Hi, I have this issue where the male character was naked but the female changed into a simple robe in sex scenes. Then I saw a new update yesterday, went to update it and started a new campaign but now both the characters are wearing clothes. Is it because they are both Catholic? Or just something's not properly installed on my end?

I installed the mod with the copy paste method to the mod folder (and I deleted the old files). This mod is also at the bottom of my load order.

Oh and I copied the gfx folder in both female and male.zip files into the corresponding folder of the character overhaul.

I'm not sure if I missed something and would appreciate your help! Thank you in advance!

5 minutes ago, buxxuc said:

Hi, I have this issue where the male character was naked but the female changed into a simple robe in sex scenes. Then I saw a new update yesterday, went to update it and started a new campaign but now both the characters are wearing clothes. Is it because they are both Catholic? Or just something's not properly installed on my end?

I installed the mod with the copy paste method to the mod folder (and I deleted the old files). This mod is also at the bottom of my load order.

Oh and I copied the gfx folder in both female and male.zip files into the corresponding folder of the character overhaul.

I'm not sure if I missed something and would appreciate your help! Thank you in advance!

Check their barbershop, if they aren't wearing anything that isn't default option those will still show on events aleast this what happen for me not sure if this is hardcoded becuase is a common ocurrence in any kind of event scene aleast for me.

10 minutes ago, buxxuc said:

huh, weird. What clothing? tbh I had a similar issue where my king was wearing bedchamber stuff permanently and I couldn't figure out why. I was thinking it may be weird glitch or a Paradox problem. But I'd love to isolate it if I can. Problem is this mod really doesn't touch the part of the game that tells a character what to wear. It adds outfit modifiers, so maybe there? but the only modifiers it adds are for like legwear, cloak, and crown. 

16 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah that's just kind of inevitable. we could add more windows with more cameras that are closer together, but eventually the game starts to slow down, and also the black lines between the windows get much more noticeable. It's the type of thing that when you are animating you will notice, but no one else will, haha. I generally just avoid having them touch exactly so that the perspective looks right. 

The pose looks good btw. We should start merging our asset files in future so that we they can all be on one place (I think asset files are the type of thing where they always overwrite each other). 

Your body_sex.anim doesn't have this issue where left_character takes full precedense over right_character, the models are interlocking fine without anyone going transparent:

Spoiler

image.png.3c5875138c8ce977ab485b14c16e37c2.png

The animations i did before were doing fine too.

The only thing i was doing differently this time is in blender i was having trouble importing the male and female body meshes at the same time (it wouldn't import the skeleton for the 2nd one), so i did it by opening two instances of blender, importing both at the same time and then copying one body+bone from one instance to the other. It's possible something weird gets introduced during this step and i really don't know blender well enough to know what it is.

Previously i'd just import one female and duplicate.

Do you have a tip on how to import both different meshes at the same time? Or could you share a basic .blend file where you've importend both male and female body succesfully (and nothing else) that i could work with as a base?

Update:

Okay it really is quite weird, this is the same pose but just changing who is left_portrait and right_portrait. Pay attention to the woman's arms:

Spoiler

image.png.eb65e1c68e18a57d0f1155b31bb80711.png

The pose in blender:

Spoiler

image.png.993b103b2f1f5f44283c17783760afe0.png

I have no idea why this is happening or how the rules are determined. Sometimes one takes precedence, sometime the other, and sometimes neighter and it actually renders correctly without anyone going transparent. I'll update you if i figure something out

2 hours ago, 420Edon said:

Your body_sex.anim doesn't have this issue where left_character takes full precedense over right_character, the models are interlocking fine without anyone going transparent:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3c5875138c8ce977ab485b14c16e37c2.png

The animations i did before were doing fine too.

The only thing i was doing differently this time is in blender i was having trouble importing the male and female body meshes at the same time (it wouldn't import the skeleton for the 2nd one), so i did it by opening two instances of blender, importing both at the same time and then copying one body+bone from one instance to the other. It's possible something weird gets introduced during this step and i really don't know blender well enough to know what it is.

Previously i'd just import one female and duplicate.

Do you have a tip on how to import both different meshes at the same time? Or could you share a basic .blend file where you've importend both male and female body succesfully (and nothing else) that i could work with as a base?

Update:

Okay it really is quite weird, this is the same pose but just changing who is left_portrait and right_portrait. Pay attention to the woman's arms:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.eb65e1c68e18a57d0f1155b31bb80711.png

The pose in blender:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.993b103b2f1f5f44283c17783760afe0.png

I have no idea why this is happening or how the rules are determined. Sometimes one takes precedence, sometime the other, and sometimes neighter and it actually renders correctly without anyone going transparent. I'll update you if i figure something out

Ahhh, I remember now. There is a specific order from the inside out. I honestly assumed that it didn't matter and forgot about it. But I guess the decision I made to start with is making a difference.

It goes left, lower center, lower left, lower right, right.

It's difficult to figure out how to describe this. But at equivalent distances from the camera one of the windows has to overlap the others. So right always overlaps lower_right, always overlaps lower left, always overlaps lower center always overlaps left. But thats only if they are around the same distance from the camera, so if you moved that hand further away from the camera it would stop overlapping like that. The problem is that when they are standing looking at the camera there isn't as much body between the two. 

Basically if we want to make that view happen we can. We just need to set up the windows to be optimized for it.

6 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

Ahhh, I remember now. There is a specific order from the inside out. I honestly assumed that it didn't matter and forgot about it. But I guess the decision I made to start with is making a difference.

It goes left, lower center, lower left, lower right, right.

It's difficult to figure out how to describe this. But at equivalent distances from the camera one of the windows has to overlap the others. So right always overlaps lower_right, always overlaps lower left, always overlaps lower center always overlaps left. But thats only if they are around the same distance from the camera, so if you moved that hand further away from the camera it would stop overlapping like that. The problem is that when they are standing looking at the camera there isn't as much body between the two. 

Basically if we want to make that view happen we can. We just need to set up the windows to be optimized for it.

I think I get the concept

i'll try spacing the models out a bit more and see how that goes

@Mange2020

If you think adding more cameras will improve the situation i'd say it's pursuing.

Do you have any schematic as for how these cameras are positioned currently? I feel like certain placement along the axis will be better than others for posing and animation.

See below how i've butchered her left leg, and the damn thing is still not being hidden and instead overlapping:

Spoiler

image.png.0ec5a8ca162dc38c8ab081bfa8f44f91.png

I think currently the option is to use more camera tricks, e.g. hide her left leg behind her right one, but it severely restricts what can be done and also will make more complex animations exponentionally harder to do - especially with sex animations there's always going to be a bunch of overlapping going on in at least one point on the axis so it'd be interesting to see where the cameras overlap the best to be able to utilise some kind of a sweet spot maybe?

1 hour ago, 420Edon said:

@Mange2020

If you think adding more cameras will improve the situation i'd say it's pursuing.

Do you have any schematic as for how these cameras are positioned currently? I feel like certain placement along the axis will be better than others for posing and animation.

See below how i've butchered her left leg, and the damn thing is still not being hidden and instead overlapping:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0ec5a8ca162dc38c8ab081bfa8f44f91.png

I think currently the option is to use more camera tricks, e.g. hide her left leg behind her right one, but it severely restricts what can be done and also will make more complex animations exponentionally harder to do - especially with sex animations there's always going to be a bunch of overlapping going on in at least one point on the axis so it'd be interesting to see where the cameras overlap the best to be able to utilise some kind of a sweet spot maybe?

Yeah, ok nevermind to that being expected. I fucked up the coding. I'll have to dig back in.

Worst thing that happens, we can't do more than two or 3 in one scene. I might see how spacing them out works. 

Could you send me the .blend of that animation? The visual representation will help

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah, ok nevermind to that being expected. I fucked up the coding. I'll have to dig back in.

Worst thing that happens, we can't do more than two or 3 in one scene. I might see how spacing them out works. 

Could you send me the .blend of that animation? The visual representation will help

no problem

look at woman's left leg and man's right arm

Spoiler

image.png.5a3017277324c39b3f85f42198b10034.png

image.png.12987c75e820e485212d7a841529721b.png

image.png.ed406be26baf3b5793713d2e13323e5d.png

EDIT: sorry didnt realise u wanted the one with the leg lol, attached also @Mange2020

doggy v3.blend

fucked up leg.blend

16 minutes ago, 420Edon said:

no problem

look at woman's left leg and man's right arm

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5a3017277324c39b3f85f42198b10034.png

image.png.12987c75e820e485212d7a841529721b.png

image.png.ed406be26baf3b5793713d2e13323e5d.png

doggy v3.blend 3.4 MB · 0 downloads

The cameras are located at 260 from the origin and set up to look at 0,0

This should work for now I think but I think you are right I need to extend area we can use a bit. I dropped it to try to increase performance, didn't realize I had dropped it so much. At this point I think the useable area is only what is directly around the 0,0

For reference this is the useable area. I'll definitely increase that on the next update. If keeping the performance ok for 5 characters means only rendering that small area, its not gonna work. We'll have to just see if it will work later.

Useable Area.PNG

7 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

It's too far from the origin, try this.

image.png.1658e55ad19a9b4106a2f100991c00b1.png

no invisibility to be seen here.

how far do you reckon is too far for the cameras to handle? it's a bit hard to fit everything up close. I'm gonna test it out.

5 minutes ago, 420Edon said:

image.png.1658e55ad19a9b4106a2f100991c00b1.png

no invisibility to be seen here.

how far do you reckon is too far for the cameras to handle? it's a bit hard to fit everything up close. I'm gonna test it out.

Hmm I want to keep it centered on the origin, but you think we should move the perspective back? If its at 260 now what you think, 300? 350? we can add close up views later via the toggle, so this would be more looking for the whole shot. I'm definitely doubling that area btw. Don't think more than doubling will work just GPU wise.

21 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

Hmm I want to keep it centered on the origin, but you think we should move the perspective back? If its at 260 now what you think, 300? 350? we can add close up views later via the toggle, so this would be more looking for the whole shot. I'm definitely doubling that area btw. Don't think more than doubling will work just GPU wise.

I'm just thinking about scenes with 3 characters etc.

i'm a bigger fan of a scenery than closeups, especially closeups here are really not something I would personally care about as things are bound to look funny up close with penetration or characters touching. Also those weird lines on the skin appear if u look to close! Imagination definitely smoothens thing out better when you see fewer obvious faults.

More area is always good, you could have characters walking around etc acting out an entire scene, rather than just some base sex position loop. I think this has potential beyond sex mods even as people could clearly create events with better animations than anything paradox has put in the game so far.

I think that multiple vantage points will definitely be something to look forward to. I know many people like close ups so it's still worth pursuing for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing how you implement it. More area would help too here as with multiple vantage points anyone making the animation would have to avoid fudging things so that they only look decent from one angle.

Anyway, its 5th square forward from the point of origin that things start to get fucky. I know u posted that it's 40.9 metres but I needed to quanitify that for retards like myself to understand:

image.png.a145ded8f2011d8fac1c528d63173bc0.png

On 3/30/2021 at 12:19 AM, buxxuc said:

FYI, I figured out why I was having this issue. My character was had a vow of poverty, which now causes them to wear the bedchamber outfit constantly. The way I suggest coding the animation into an event doesn't use remove default outfit to avoid the hair issue so it uses any outfit with the no_clothes tag. Bedchamber has that tag (since its used for nudity if the game has the nudity setting turned off) so if any character was previously wearing the bedchamber outfit, it will stay on. Don't know if this applies to you.

I was trying to avoid overwriting the entire clothing portrait modifier for compatibility reasons, but I may have to consider it.

Is there a way to play with nothing but the female body shapes? I tried removing some files from the mod folder, but that made the entire mod stop working. Also, all of the characters are nude 24/7, except for a few people with hats. Is that part of the mod as well or an error on my part because of conflicting mods?

29 minutes ago, Korofo said:

Is there a way to play with nothing but the female body shapes? I tried removing some files from the mod folder, but that made the entire mod stop working. Also, all of the characters are nude 24/7, except for a few people with hats. Is that part of the mod as well or an error on my part because of conflicting mods?

it's mod conflict, after the latest ck3 update things are really weird with remove_default_outfit - this mod tries to address that but it can conflict with others

Check if it isn't a different mod causing this

On 4/1/2021 at 10:45 PM, Mange2020 said:

FYI, I figured out why I was having this issue. My character was had a vow of poverty, which now causes them to wear the bedchamber outfit constantly. The way I suggest coding the animation into an event doesn't use remove default outfit to avoid the hair issue so it uses any outfit with the no_clothes tag. Bedchamber has that tag (since its used for nudity if the game has the nudity setting turned off) so if any character was previously wearing the bedchamber outfit, it will stay on. Don't know if this applies to you.

I was trying to avoid overwriting the entire clothing portrait modifier for compatibility reasons, but I may have to consider it.

Hey thank you so much for your response! But I actually found out the issue is that the characters have to be above 18 to be fully nude!

I'm not sure if it's this mod, but I've had weird experience with the character's anatomy. Specifically, if I created a character using copied DNA clipboard in Ruler designer, the character will turn out unusually thin like a skeleton. I only tried it on female player, though.

Here are some experiments I've worked on:

- Created a female ruler (I call it char A) using default characters, or preset ones, didn't touch any sliders, copied character's DNA to clipboard in Ruler Designer => Normal looking character

- Created a female ruler using Char A's DNA in Ruler Designer, didn't touch anything else => Skeleton character

- Created a female ruler (let's call it char B) in Ruler Designer, slided 2 or 3 few sliders => Normal looking character

- Created a female ruler (char C) in Ruler Designer, copied and then pasted DNA => Skeleton character

- Created a female ruler (char D) in Ruler Designer, meticulously edited the character's appearance, traits, religions...etc in half an hour => Half-skeleton character? Like, the anatomy didn't look quite right, but not as bad as the skeleton ones.

I've attached a picture of Char A in the first 2 cases I've described, as well as char C (Warning: NSFW!). It clearly doesn't look normal, and I don't know how to prevent this :( All of my previous saves were ruined when I eagerly jumped into Carnalitas' scenes only to be greeted by either a whole mass of muscle abomination (has a lot of Prowess) or a smiling skeleton (low prowess).

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg

I use Simple Shaft, Slit, Carnalitas and all of Cheri's Carnalitas related mods, the community flavor pack, Daddy Pika's Cheat menu, and a few other flavor mods with the mod load order just as instructed. I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue. Could somebody please help me before I pulled my whole hair out of my head? I've been stuck here for a few days now! Thank you everyone so much for the help.

My mod load order:

Spoiler

Daddy's Pika Cheat Menu

99 Immersive Loading Screens

Community Flavor Pack

Fullscreen Barbershop

Undress

Beautiful Females

Fair Ladies

Petty Inheritable Traits

Less Old Wives - AI Men Marry Younger Fertile Women

Doctor Fix - AI Will Now Hire Court Physicians

Viking Fix

Black Death Fix

No Physical Modification from Prowess

Carnalitas

Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines

Carnalitas Dei

Carnalitas Mundi

Carnal Consequence

Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Intimate Encounters

Love Diplomacy

Daughter of Lust

Simple Shafts

Simple Slits

Simple Shafts - Carnalitas

Character Body Overhaul

1 hour ago, buxxuc said:

Hey thank you so much for your response! But I actually found out the issue is that the characters have to be above 18 to be fully nude!

I'm not sure if it's this mod, but I've had weird experience with the character's anatomy. Specifically, if I created a character using copied DNA clipboard in Ruler designer, the character will turn out unusually thin like a skeleton. I only tried it on female player, though.

Here are some experiments I've worked on:

- Created a female ruler (I call it char A) using default characters, or preset ones, didn't touch any sliders, copied character's DNA to clipboard in Ruler Designer => Normal looking character

- Created a female ruler using Char A's DNA in Ruler Designer, didn't touch anything else => Skeleton character

- Created a female ruler (let's call it char B) in Ruler Designer, slided 2 or 3 few sliders => Normal looking character

- Created a female ruler (char C) in Ruler Designer, copied and then pasted DNA => Skeleton character

- Created a female ruler (char D) in Ruler Designer, meticulously edited the character's appearance, traits, religions...etc in half an hour => Half-skeleton character? Like, the anatomy didn't look quite right, but not as bad as the skeleton ones.

I've attached a picture of Char A in the first 2 cases I've described, as well as char C (Warning: NSFW!). It clearly doesn't look normal, and I don't know how to prevent this :( All of my previous saves were ruined when I eagerly jumped into Carnalitas' scenes only to be greeted by either a whole mass of muscle abomination (has a lot of Prowess) or a smiling skeleton (low prowess).

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.jpg

I use Simple Shaft, Slit, Carnalitas and all of Cheri's Carnalitas related mods, the community flavor pack, Daddy Pika's Cheat menu, and a few other flavor mods with the mod load order just as instructed. I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue. Could somebody please help me before I pulled my whole hair out of my head? I've been stuck here for a few days now! Thank you everyone so much for the help.

My mod load order:

Reveal hidden contents

Daddy's Pika Cheat Menu

99 Immersive Loading Screens

Community Flavor Pack

Fullscreen Barbershop

Undress

Beautiful Females

Fair Ladies

Petty Inheritable Traits

Less Old Wives - AI Men Marry Younger Fertile Women

Doctor Fix - AI Will Now Hire Court Physicians

Viking Fix

Black Death Fix

No Physical Modification from Prowess

Carnalitas

Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines

Carnalitas Dei

Carnalitas Mundi

Carnal Consequence

Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Intimate Encounters

Love Diplomacy

Daughter of Lust

Simple Shafts

Simple Slits

Simple Shafts - Carnalitas

Character Body Overhaul

Are any of them succubi?

5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Are any of them succubi?

No, none of them are. I didnt select any traits or skills when creating them. I didnt even have Daughter of Lust event set to on in the beginning while making those test. :(

Edited:

I just thought of something and could it possibly caused by this mod:

I used Simple Slits, but I replaced the gfx\models\portraits\female_body\female_body_diffuse.dds and gfx\models\portraits\female_body\blendshapes\female_bs_body_pussy.mesh by @WaffleIron's instructions from here:

I'm honestly unsure if this counts, because even when I replaced those 2 meshes with its original one from Simple Slits, the bug still remains.

If there's anything that I could try to make this work as normal, it'd be greatly appreciated. I spent days trying this and that out with different workaround and turning on and off mods I thought could be related to no avail :(

1 hour ago, buxxuc said:

No, none of them are. I didnt select any traits or skills when creating them. I didnt even have Daughter of Lust event set to on in the beginning while making those test. :(

Edited:

I just thought of something and could it possibly caused by this mod:

I used Simple Slits, but I replaced the gfx\models\portraits\female_body\female_body_diffuse.dds and gfx\models\portraits\female_body\blendshapes\female_bs_body_pussy.mesh by @WaffleIron's instructions from here:

I'm honestly unsure if this counts, because even when I replaced those 2 meshes with its original one from Simple Slits, the bug still remains.

If there's anything that I could try to make this work as normal, it'd be greatly appreciated. I spent days trying this and that out with different workaround and turning on and off mods I thought could be related to no avail :(

I don't think any of those mods could be causing it. The thing is that my mod does make pretty much every body blendshape more extreme. Those blendshapes have normal faces but the bodies are weird so its probably a combination of the negative muscularity and body_slim.

I was about to go through a whole thing when I looked at your list. Its probably a combo of undress and no phyiscal modification from prowess.

No physical modification from prowess almost certainly sets muscularity to zero (which in vanilla just makes characters not muscular). And undress probably removes clothing but doesn't remove body_slim. Body slim is the blendshape that the game uses to make sure that characters don't clip out of their clothing. But its not meant to be viewable.

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

I don't think any of those mods could be causing it. The thing is that my mod does make pretty much every body blendshape more extreme. Those blendshapes have normal faces but the bodies are weird so its probably a combination of the negative muscularity and body_slim.

I was about to go through a whole thing when I looked at your list. Its probably a combo of undress and no phyiscal modification from prowess.

No physical modification from prowess almost certainly sets muscularity to zero (which in vanilla just makes characters not muscular). And undress probably removes clothing but doesn't remove body_slim. Body slim is the blendshape that the game uses to make sure that characters don't clip out of their clothing. But its not meant to be viewable.

Thank you for your response, I'm gonna try a few more experiments on it.

Update: I tried to disable both "Undress" and "No physical modification from prowess" and created a new female character on a new game, copied DNA in the Ruler Designer, pasted it right away there and the issue still persists. ?

Do I need a certain amount of Prowess or weight to make it look normal like any other females in the game? It only happens to my created character.

Update 2: This time, I removed Undress and No physical modification from prowess and then went to use your mod "Physical Attributes" instead. The female seem to look more... normal now with a bit of weight? Except for the skelly arms, but I can live with it. The males, though, has strange clippings on his body. Is it because he's too muscular? His prowess is like 23. I've attached a picture, NSFW still!

I really appreciate your help Mange!

Spoiler

2.jpg