Sneak Preview

4 hours ago, Marburg said:

experiment in 1:10 scale

scale10.jpg.9223e903f31be1fa147fd6ed428dd126.jpg

same room in 1:87 scale

scale87.jpg.dd5efd5f815845b2740b3dcc78f3107b.jpg

it's actually really easy to do... anyone can do it.

one extra line of code in the room scene script is all it takes.

However, it does negatively impact gameplay. moving around the room takes forever, textures may flicker, positions are all screwed up.

How many fps has the room in this scaling? This is a pretty big room now. :)

1 hour ago, Daspex said:

How many fps has the room in this scaling?

I dunno, didnt check the FPS.

But you should know how to do it... just add a scaling factor to local_SScene (or local_2 in standard rooms) and Bob's your uncle

Edited by Marburg
10 hours ago, Marburg said:

experiment in 1:10 scale

scale10.jpg.9223e903f31be1fa147fd6ed428dd126.jpg

same room in 1:87 scale

scale87.jpg.dd5efd5f815845b2740b3dcc78f3107b.jpg

it's actually really easy to do... anyone can do it.

one extra line of code in the room scene script is all it takes.

However, it does negatively impact gameplay. moving around the room takes forever, textures may flicker, positions are all screwed up.

Moving around the room should solve clicks max on camera movements, and positions aren't that important, I can edit that in the pose editor. If you don't want to share the experiment result publicly, send me pm with link. Or write instructions what parameters to add in room. Thank you.

Meanwhile... i fixed the fireplaces. the original model was basically a closed box with no way to get rid of the smoke. That just didnt look right so i added a fake flue. 

fire_flu.jpg.34eea85bc4d6d9e54cdf0f4ef8f1b955.jpg

I also added a new fireplace for extra comfort (the Middle Ages in Western Europe were cold!)

fire_extra.jpg.92861ea44a114b42d0c4c70052ec6cb6.jpg

On 8/31/2021 at 1:42 AM, Marburg said:

I dunno, didnt check the FPS.

But you should know how to do it... just add a scaling factor to local_SScene (or local_2 in standard rooms) and Bob's your uncle

Yeah ,i did something like that with the blackhole mesh in my starship room. :)

Edited by Daspex

I've found a couple more rooms from the Life Is Strange game. I think it's nice to have a series of locations with the same look and feel so you can string them together in a storyline.

Anyway, it looks like the photography club set up shop in the basement of the school. Or is there something more sinister going on here?

darkroom.jpg.dcc7fa7a2af1ac2028beeb2be0713f87.jpg

Edited by Marburg
typo fixed

And now for something completely different... an underpass. Not a really spectacular location by any standard - although the graffiti is very well done - but i think it has great potential for all kinds of scenarios. 

underpass1.jpg.2c8117af221795763b01fdde97398888.jpg

underpass2.jpg.7faa1b1f4d66d3f21ca0790430f734a5.jpg

Edited by Marburg
typo fixed
8 hours ago, synfinity said:

All the new rooms look nice, but dang Marburg, you got a lot of shit going at once. You need to sleep occasionally! lol

unfortunately, sleeping is a bit of a problem for me right now due to some physical issues. But thanks for your concerns ;)

Actually, i just like to have a lot of projects going on. That allows me to switch when i get bored or stuck in a rut.

Your rooms looks amazing mar :) those must have taked a lot of time and effort. I have now used a gimp a bit and oh boy my drawings need lot of practice XD but i like drawing so i dont mind spend time learning :). I hope you can rest and have enough free time for yourself :)

On 9/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, rumble87 said:

... some "Stardust memories" ... think only Daspex could know what it shall be in this universe ...?

SD-12_for_LL21.jpg.238099a5f22301933d3dc414bf32a370.jpg

Aliens will come? Room inside? Machines or tentales inside will be fun idea.