Sneak Preview

1 hour ago, Marburg said:

Same location, another room... i think they are part of a 1930's police station.

They're small but nicely themed and textured so i think I'll give this a go.

darkroom2.jpg.d41dfe342817bcfb24952c99b7053e8e.jpg

Is it possible to move the chair back a bit?Some rooms in the game have chairs located in places just for extra thin models only. :)

35 minutes ago, vascosnts said:

Is it possible to move the chair back a bit?Some rooms in the game have chairs located in places just for extra thin models only. :)

looking at the 3d model, i think it's possible to make the chair move on command with PoseEdit sliders or Room Options.

Experiment with custom Light... dark rooms are fitted with red light that doesnt spoil the photo paper.

Unfortunately, there's no way to contain the light within an object or the walls of a room in "our" game but maybe i can figure out a way to switch between the standard Lights and custom room light(s).

darkroom3.jpg.1796a127a2a47a3c5339030a50c9851f.jpg

It will come as no surprise to regular viewers that I'm constantly on the lookout for new locations for "our" game. Not every room makes it past the initial stage... this is is a good example of a promising layout let down by the textures and a lack of object detail. NEXT !

apt1.jpg.0aa8f63461864ccb476322fa7ed1741e.jpg

apt2.jpg.13a94e63ba52d2694965668a1cbabd5f.jpg

the Max room is nearly done. This location was taken from the same game as Chloe's Room and is styled accordingly. Not so cluttered as Chloe's and plenty of scope for ActiveModding the posters etc. To be released: as soon as possible.

max2.jpg.c2d2e7f8f52e47ca222767791cfff5b1.jpg

3 hours ago, vascosnts said:

A bit bigger and darker to match the rest of the wood would do the trick

textures are always "to be confirmed"... they're the easiest to change. i could even darken this one...

but im also looking at different furniture designs. i want them as simple as possible.

Meanwhile, i put in some doors and got rid of the insane amount of windows. Medieval buildings didn't have that many windows (no glass!).

tavern7.jpg.c9c1e939a5f4fca1fbbfedece8afd27b.jpg

50 minutes ago, Marburg said:

textures are always "to be confirmed"... they're the easiest to change. i could even darken this one...

but im also looking at different furniture designs. i want them as simple as possible.

Meanwhile, i put in some doors and got rid of the insane amount of windows. Medieval buildings didn't have that many windows (no glass!).

tavern7.jpg.c9c1e939a5f4fca1fbbfedece8afd27b.jpg

If possible one bed in other division :)

On 8/24/2021 at 7:43 PM, Marburg said:

scaling doesn't look quite right... LOL

max3.jpg.5220b1efc9211668ef70a71147188997.jpg

This is not a bad idea, for a shrinking story, you can do the room version for me with even more scalling for micro heroes cca 1 : 72 scale plastic soldiers? ?

17 hours ago, aneks said:

This is not a bad idea, for a shrinking story, you can do the room version for me with even more scalling for micro heroes cca 1 : 72 scale plastic soldiers? 

You mean like a giant blown-up version where the actors appear to be 1:87 scale?

It's certainly possible and easy to do.. except the maths; i suck at maths ;)

9 hours ago, Marburg said:

You mean like a giant blown-up version where the actors appear to be 1:87 scale?

It's certainly possible and easy to do.. except the maths; i suck at maths ;)

Yes, it was an idea, maybe there would be a problem with the size of the room / loading time, because the room would become a "city" with "ugly textures" (furniture, carpet, walls etc), but maybe I'm wrong. And a scale approx, such as a man the size of a button on a light switch? ? Maybe it would be good then to do an experimental section for these room/ rooms or label it as a "micro version". ? Perhaps this topic does not touch on "minigiant" themes, you know why. ?

5 hours ago, aneks said:

maybe there would be a problem with the size of the room / loading time

i don't think so... the numbers may be bigger, but the amount of objects/data remains the same.

For the game engine, a cube is a cube, no matter if it is 10 centimeter or 10 meter.

I will give it a go and see how it pans out.

1 hour ago, Marburg said:

i don't think so... the numbers may be bigger, but the amount of objects/data remains the same.

For the game engine, a cube is a cube, no matter if it is 10 centimeter or 10 meter.

I will give it a go and see how it pans out.

Allright, I tried several times to create my own rooms in Blender + tk17 conversion utils, but I was totally lost in textures and positions procedure, so I quit. I'll wait for the TK17 25.0 version with the ability to create own "thesimslike" rooms in editor? 

10 hours ago, aneks said:

micro version

experiment in 1:10 scale

scale10.jpg.9223e903f31be1fa147fd6ed428dd126.jpg

same room in 1:87 scale

scale87.jpg.dd5efd5f815845b2740b3dcc78f3107b.jpg

it's actually really easy to do... anyone can do it.

one extra line of code in the room scene script is all it takes.

However, it does negatively impact gameplay. moving around the room takes forever, textures may flicker, positions are all screwed up.

Edited by Marburg