Sneak Preview

Ashley's Apartment

From the same game (GTA) and in a very similar style as the infamous Broker Safehouse room.

Lots of textures to sort out but that is 90% done. Then i just have to add some positions, room options and get that TV to work.

ashley_wip.jpg.0abb5d150edaed1952199e8772ae6aa5.jpg

Getting the TV to work took a bit longer than usual because the original screen was curved. In a very bad, low-res way.

The solution is as simple as it is radical: rip out the curved mesh and replace it with a flat plane in roughly the same location.

Then you map the original screen texture to the new plane mesh and you have a suitable canvas to project video clips or images with the game's MediaPlayer.

ashley_tv.jpg.7443cdc369afd8301365ceb58b85bf18.jpg

Last Friday i started working on yet another port. This is known as the "Gamer Girl" room. The original room used fifty shades of pink but i've decided to tone that down a bit to zero.

chair.jpg.25945dab02150a4ef03ce9126c1062b3.jpg

Anyway, as you can see in the picture, the room features a nice gaming chair.
And that very night, Google Ads started bombarding me with advertisements for gaming chairs. Coincedence or conspiracy? (cue spooky music)
No, i didnt search for gaming chairs and didn't mention them anywhere online.

Of course i took the opportunity to borrow the logo of the company selling those chairs. That'll teach them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Experimenting with bezel artwork and anatomically correct screen (*)... still needs a bit of fine-tuning but i think it "works"

scramble_wip.jpg.0079fb3ee79d2b4dfa281353ed44eaee.jpg

* = these old arcade cabinets were usually equipped with a 4:3 CRT monitor mounted on it's side for a 3:4 display