Is Alienslof OK? Her Website is Inaccesible!

http://www.slofslair.co.uk/

I'd visited Alienslof's website last year to browse her mods and artwork, and it was cool seeing her other works and such besides her mods.

However, I've checked yesterday and apparently her website now 404s!

I checked the Wayback Machine and all it shows is a content warning! If all of the contents of her website are gone, that could mean a pretty serious loss to the modding community, as most of the mods she's personally released are only found on there.

I was also looking for some of their artwork that had lying around on their website for a time, especially her Morrowind content. There's one particluar piece in particular that's on my hard drive that apparently has ZERO results on TinEye that I had nabbed from her website.

I've got a genuine fear that so many of these mods and works may be gone forever if anyone else didn't have any spares on their hard drive.

I may have a handful of the artworks on her website, but none of her mods. I was hoping that someone has an archive of some of her artworks from sometime around 2014 or so because I remember that there's an image or two that was removed from her site in later updates.

Can anyone contact her to check if she's OK?

"The HTTP 403 is a meaning access to the requested resource is forbidden. The server understood the request, but will not fulfill it due to client-related issues, for example an antivirus software denying access for a sketchy website to install files on your device. IIS defines non standard "sub-status" error codes that provide a more specific reason for responding with the 403 status code". Either she herself took it down for a site upgrade, or someone took it down purposely. You might want to check her Nexus page

I had really hoped to see some more of her art but apparently that hasn't showed up anywhere else but her site and a couple of hits with Yandex's reverse image search.

I just really hope her website is back up at some point since that seems to be her primary link that she throws out when publishing stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 2:09 AM, endgame † addiction said:

It's been down for a long time. I believe she moved all (or almost all) her stuff to Nexus.

I tried looking up any of her content on Nexus and apparently the only way to access any of her mods is too look up her profile directly. I really hope someone can get into contact with her.

1 hour ago, Ferranteth said:

I tried looking up any of her content on Nexus and apparently the only way to access any of her mods is too look up her profile directly. I really hope someone can get into contact with her.

I don't think I quite get what you mean. You can find them by searching them on Nexus as well as via user files from her profile. They are public. Though, I think some of her stuff may have been lost or refuses to upload it there like her semi hairy trolls with shlongs. I don't see that up there.

The Nexus search engine is completely bugged, if not broken. 

Some time ago there was a rumour their search engine was biased towards endorsements, so if your search terms didnt include words in the title of the mod, the mod would not appear in the results, if it had a low endorsement ratio (something like below 5% of the number of unique downloads). 

I found Enhanced Landscapes using the duck, instead of the Nexus search engine, and it is a high profile mod, with thousands of endorsements. However, it have less than 5% of the number of unique downloads. This made me suspicious the rumour might be true. 

I dont know if this would be a issue for Alienslof mods, since she is a old mod author, but I read the Nexus staff was going to fix their search engine some weeks ago. However, I still dont recommend using it. 

On 3/16/2021 at 4:45 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

The Nexus search engine is completely bugged, if not broken. 

Some time ago there was a rumour their search engine was biased towards endorsements, so if your search terms didnt include words in the title of the mod, the mod would not appear in the results, if it had a low endorsement ratio (something like below 5% of the number of unique downloads). 

I found Enhanced Landscapes using the duck, instead of the Nexus search engine, and it is a high profile mod, with thousands of endorsements. However, it have less than 5% of the number of unique downloads. This made me suspicious the rumour might be true. 

I dont know if this would be a issue for Alienslof mods, since she is a old mod author, but I read the Nexus staff was going to fix their search engine some weeks ago. However, I still dont recommend using it. 

I had managed to find her Nexus profile, and it has a majority of her mods, but I still fear that some of her other content such as her artworks may be lost to history. I really, really hope that her content is backed up somewhere. I may have a handful of her work on my hard drive, but I just hope that someone else has more of them as well.

• 2 months later...