Other Textures

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 11:19 PM, Titanoboa Serpentes said:

@nick6666 You can move the file to another directory outside VX, or you can simply rename it to something like mod_tools.bs.back. The important thing is that VX doesn't use the original file because there are some ActiveMod enabled textures missing.

I tested the original Bedroom and I couldn't replicate the error that you have. I think it might be that something different is going on. I would suggest that you delete the log files in the Logs folder of VX and reload the Bedroom. Then use one of the whips to get the white patches on the body and use the candle and chocolate again. After that, simply quit the game and upload the newly created log files from the Logs folder here so that I can take a look at them. You can do that yourself, and look out for the bruises textures in the Klub-10.log. There should be a line like

• ImportImage/External "C:/Games/The Klub 17 VX/Mod/ActiveMod/VX Tools H5/Tool_Redness04". Followed by
  • Texture "redness12_file" download... and
  • Texture "redness12_file" download ok.

Some textures have different numbers but like:

• ImportImage/External "C:/Games/The Klub 17 VX/Mod/ActiveMod/VX Tools H5/Tool_Slime01".
  • Texture "slime13_file" download...
  • Texture "slime13_file" download ok.

So the name is slime13_file, but the actual texture that is loaded is Tool_Slime01. Which refers to Tool_Slime01.png in my mod. Tool_Slime01.png is just a dummy file for the actual Tool_Slime01.dds in the same folder.

If the line:  "Texture "slime13_file" download ok." is not there or there is some error message, then something is wrong with either the installation of VX or hook5. It might be that the folder is protected. As a first measure, right-click on the Mod folder where the ActiveMod folder resides in VX and uncheck the Write Protected checkbox, then hit OK. Then open the Binaries folder and right-click on the TK17_Launcher.exe. Go to the compatibility tab and check Run as Administrator. Then move to the security tab and hit the edit button. Then click on the different users and check that full control is enabled for all users.

By the way, do you use hook5 free or extended (paid) ?

Hi,

sorry i was long time away from TK17 and just came back to it. I switched back to v7.5 because i found more content for it than for VX (right now using a full repack which contains Hook5 files) and again i'm facing the exact same issue.. white textures when it comes to whipping :(

could you please tell me where the file mod_tools.bs or his equivalence is to be found under V7.5? i also attached a log file if this helps..

thanks in advance :)

Klub-7.log

Edited by nick6666
6 hours ago, nick6666 said:

I switched back to v7.5 because i found more content for it than for VX (right now using a full repack which contains Hook5 files) and again i'm facing the exact same issue.. white textures when it comes to whipping :(

There's no reason to switch back to 7.5. Everything that works with 7.5 works with VX.

VX is also faster & easier to use with no more need for "Script" files to enable Activemod support for addons. No need for complicated tools like "EMFS" to add support for Head/Body mods. Plus VX has capabilities/features not available in 7.5 (like "morphs".)

Regarding white spots during whipping: That's a texture issue. The "redness/injury" overlays are not loading, resulting in "white blocks" where the texture should be. This problem is almost certainly b/c you're trying to use a "Repack" configured for someone else's computer (which is why I STRONGLY advise people not to use them.)

It has been years since I've seen the issue, so I'm not sure how to fix it, but if you switch back to VX, the problem is sure to go away (don't try to install a 7.5 "repack" to VX.)

On 6/12/2023 at 10:07 PM, OysterMug said:

There's no reason to switch back to 7.5. Everything that works with 7.5 works with VX.

VX is also faster & easier to use with no more need for "Script" files to enable Activemod support for addons. No need for complicated tools like "EMFS" to add support for Head/Body mods. Plus VX has capabilities/features not available in 7.5 (like "morphs".)

Regarding white spots during whipping: That's a texture issue. The "redness/injury" overlays are not loading, resulting in "white blocks" where the texture should be. This problem is almost certainly b/c you're trying to use a "Repack" configured for someone else's computer (which is why I STRONGLY advise people not to use them.)

It has been years since I've seen the issue, so I'm not sure how to fix it, but if you switch back to VX, the problem is sure to go away (don't try to install a 7.5 "repack" to VX.)

Hi,

thanks for your answers :)

In fact my only purpose with using this repack was to get rid of this white texture issue i already encounter when using VX + H5 (no repack here)

Whatever installation i use (7.5 with no repack/VX no repack/V7.5 repack...) everytime i am using a whip or other tool that causes bruises (or redness?) textures to be used, i am getting those white textures instead. When i try game in opengl (no hook 5 use) i don't have this issue....

i'm pretty sure that somewhere (registry or file that snuck inside appdata folder or such) i must have a trace of a path that isnt valid anymore but i can't find it in anyway...

Does someone know the different paths or registry keys used by Hook5 that could be in link with texture uses?

Thanks in advance :)

Hmm. If the problem goes away when using OpenGL, it's probably a Hook5 issue.

Try disabling Hook (simply rename "d3d8.dll" to "d3d8.dll.disabled" and run again in DirectX mode. If the problem goes away, the problem is probably a bad/broken overlay trying to "enhance" the injury.

If that works, next, rename your "Activemod" folder (replace it with an empty one) and see if the problem goes away. If so, it's in there. Ditto for testing "Addons".

Once you know WHERE the problem lies, go through to (tedious) process of enabling mods in blocks until you find the one that's at fault.

On 6/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, OysterMug said:

Hmm. If the problem goes away when using OpenGL, it's probably a Hook5 issue.

Try disabling Hook (simply rename "d3d8.dll" to "d3d8.dll.disabled" and run again in DirectX mode. If the problem goes away, the problem is probably a bad/broken overlay trying to "enhance" the injury.

If that works, next, rename your "Activemod" folder (replace it with an empty one) and see if the problem goes away. If so, it's in there. Ditto for testing "Addons".

Once you know WHERE the problem lies, go through to (tedious) process of enabling mods in blocks until you find the one that's at fault.

Thanks for your advices :)

i took the following steps :

• rename d3d8.dll ->Hook disabled, no white textures
  • put back d3d8.dll
  • renamed activemod->white textures appearing
  • renamed addons->Still White textures

Next run :

• all new portable VX instance with fresh install of hook5 (files downloaded in phoenixgarden :) ) ->White textures showing
  • download and install of Titanoboa Serpentes Files  -> game instantly crashes to desktop as soon TK17VX makes any use of the textures integrated in his pack (wax, redness....)

i honestly dont have any clue what to do next... if this could help i am attaching here some log files...thanks in advance :)

good-bye-txx.log Klub-10.dat Klub-10.log VX-addon.log

4 hours ago, nick6666 said:

Thanks for your advices :)

i took the following steps :

• rename d3d8.dll ->Hook disabled, no white textures
  • put back d3d8.dll
  • renamed activemod->white textures appearing
  • renamed addons->Still White textures

Next run :

• all new portable VX instance with fresh install of hook5 (files downloaded in phoenixgarden :) ) ->White textures showing
  • download and install of Titanoboa Serpentes Files  -> game instantly crashes to desktop as soon TK17VX makes any use of the textures integrated in his pack (wax, redness....)

i honestly dont have any clue what to do next... if this could help i am attaching here some log files...thanks in advance :)

good-bye-txx.log 281.01 kB · 1 download Klub-10.dat 33 B · 0 downloads Klub-10.log 316.48 kB · 0 downloads VX-addon.log 491.8 kB · 0 downloads

Hmm. The problem going away when you disable Hook confirms it is a "Hook" issue. But with no texture to read from Activemod, the white should not have returned (try disabling BOTH "Addons" and "Activemod" at the same time. If the problem goes away, you have an addon that's looking for a specific texture.)

Did you test VX (after the fresh install) before trying Titan's "repack"? (remember I advise people not to use repacks. They are configured for someone else's computer and pass along every bug/issue they had to you.)

According to your logs, the last file VX tried to load before the crash was "redness08_file"... which is almost certainly your "wound" texture. The stock textures are 01 thru 04 (not 08), so it is trying to ADD a texture (which would require an "Addon".)

If you need the texture, confirm it is a 64x64 png, rename it (I'm guessing) "redness01_file.png", and put it in a folder in your Activemod folder (you can also try "redness.png".)

Edited by OysterMug