Skyrim SE or LE for new quest mod, or both?

So I am working on my first Quest Mod and I am having a hard time deciding if I want to build it in LE or SE, or even attempt to make it for both. Before I actually open CK I am spending a lot of time flowcharting the quest and establishing naming conventions etc., all the back end stuff that any design needs. I play both LE and SE versions and see plusses and minuses with each. However, from an actual mod creation standpoint I have seen a lot of conflicting opinions on which is better and why. Any advice on the pro's and con's of either approach?

Make it for whichever version you prefer using and port it to the other one. There isnt exactly a pro or con for either. With a very few exceptions, everything can be ported

its only a Question of which Version you prefer to support first and/or primarily

If you have animations in that mod remember that you cant port Animations from SE to LE though

3 minutes ago, Scrab said:

If you have animations in that mod remember that you cant port Animations from SE to LE though

So any custom animations created for SE will not be portable to LE, is the inverse true? Can I port custom animations from LE to SE or is that also an issue?

4 minutes ago, Azailahab said:

So any custom animations created for SE will not be portable to LE, is the inverse true? Can I port custom animations from LE to SE or is that also an issue?

You can port Animations from LE to SE, you cant port Animations from SE to LE

I didnt have an issue with this thus far, the 2 mods I have that use Animations have working LE ports but its something to keep in mind when wanting to support LE

As an SE user I selfishly want all mod authors to just develop in SE to eliminate that additional layer of telephone but it's probably a better idea to develop in LE then port to SE, right? Since the other way round (backporting SE mods to LE) tends to be harder or impossible.

36 minutes ago, Buridan said:

Since the other way round (backporting SE mods to LE) tends to be harder or impossible.

Patently false, unless cell creation involves water shaders or a moving water source.

The main reason LE is used first is speed of conversion to SSE, as most tool are designed for this from the ground up.