AAF First Person?

Unfortunately, there was a change in how the player character model is handled in Fallout 4 compared to Skyrim that makes this complicated.

IIRC, when you are in first person view, the components needed to show a full body (skeleton, body mesh) are switched out for limited versions for performance reasons. From Bethesda's perspective, no reason to keep rendering a full, detailed 3D body that can't be seen.

It seems like that could be updated. But, it would probably require someone to have the Bethesda config for the Havok Behavior Tool. Then, they would have to re-create the entire set of first-person animations for all movement and weapons with a full skeleton/body. Then, all of the custom first person weapon animations that have been made would probably be incompatible as well.

? i wonder if it would be possible to make a mod turns on freecam when you enter an animation and puts it like right in front of your eyes, that way ur technically still in 3rd person, using the 3rd person model, but it looks like ur 1st person. anyway,  just an idea

On 2/26/2021 at 4:14 PM, dagobaking said:

Unfortunately, there was a change in how the player character model is handled in Fallout 4 compared to Skyrim that makes this complicated.

IIRC, when you are in first person view, the components needed to show a full body (skeleton, body mesh) are switched out for limited versions for performance reasons. From Bethesda's perspective, no reason to keep rendering a full, detailed 3D body that can't be seen.

It seems like that could be updated. But, it would probably require someone to have the Bethesda config for the Havok Behavior Tool. Then, they would have to re-create the entire set of first-person animations for all movement and weapons with a full skeleton/body. Then, all of the custom first person weapon animations that have been made would probably be incompatible as well.

Interestingly, cyberpunk 2077 is a player trying to turn the first person into the third person.

If you really want to experience the "immersive" feeling.

You can only operate the free camera to find the right position.

Fo4's first person camera position should be false, which means it's not true because it's following the head bones to make running jitters.

I don't know if it's possible for the free camera to follow the position of the most head bone in the third person.

11 hours ago, HDMI cable said:

? i wonder if it would be possible to make a mod turns on freecam when you enter an animation and puts it like right in front of your eyes, that way ur technically still in 3rd person, using the 3rd person model, but it looks like ur 1st person. anyway,  just an idea

There are no functions for controlling the free camera other than turning it off/on and changing its movement speeds.

I think there might be some ways to control camera positions via scenes in the creationkit. But, that context comes with a lot of other limitations and probably couldn't be used in the way you describe.

9 hours ago, kziitd said:

I don't know if it's possible for the free camera to follow the position of the most head bone in the third person.

Not with the current set of functions. Maybe with an F4SE plug-in of some kind?