IK rigs for Animating and Posing in Blender

9 hours ago, MaryJane said:

It doesn't look like this in Blender?

No, everything is wonderful in the blender, otherwise I would fix it. This is Hank and Paulina from Sunset, only changed clothes, hair and slightly face. I took them especially for tests.  I will not check the default ones, because there are no such ones in real life anymore. I'll try to move my legs forward, maybe in the game will be vertical then.

5 hours ago, sim333 said:

No, everything is wonderful in the blender, otherwise I would fix it. This is Hank and Paulina from Sunset, only changed clothes, hair and slightly face. I took them especially for tests.  I will not check the default ones, because there are no such ones in real life anymore. I'll try to move my legs forward, maybe in the game will be vertical then.

What did you do exactly? Is this your own animation or did you alter one from another animator?

If you did the last, the IK on the legs probably got lost when moving the rigs. 

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

What did you do exactly? Is this your own animation or did you alter one from another animator?

the guy from a_stand_spoon.blend masters rig, girl - pose, that is, one frame that I found somewhere and "revived". Perhaps there were errors inside :)

19 hours ago, sim333 said:

I wonder why the legs move backward in the game.

Do not know why, but experienced this when I backed the action and checked "clear bone constraints" and/or "clear parent" but if you let the animation run after backing in blender you should see it then in blender also. Last times I uncheck all selections on the bake action and had no more problems with that.

But may it vary with the Blender version, I use 2.76 - the last 32bit version. But this version does not import objects. Objects I import with version 2.69, save the blender file and open this with 2.76. Then the object is there and works as intended, also for object animations. For me 2.76 has definitely some advantages compared to 2.69.

Heyhey, I need a quick advise (I'm sorry I'm very useless when it comes to animating)

I wanted to ask if the 'Child Of' Part is necessary. I've tried one small animation without it and the animation is doing almost nothing after baking?

I feel a bit lost while animating in general. Do I have to do something with the keyframes after I created the animation?

11 hours ago, TakumiiSakura said:

Heyhey, I need a quick advise (I'm sorry I'm very useless when it comes to animating)

I wanted to ask if the 'Child Of' Part is necessary. I've tried one small animation without it and the animation is doing almost nothing after baking?

I feel a bit lost while animating in general. Do I have to do something with the keyframes after I created the animation?

There was another user that had problems with baking, and it appeared that they used an incompatible blender version. So, which blender version are you on? :) 

17 hours ago, MaryJane said:

There was another user that had problems with baking, and it appeared that they used an incompatible blender version. So, which blender version are you on? :) 

I use Bleder Version 2.67b :) Poses work completely fine, I just can't create a working animation ^^"

3 hours ago, TakumiiSakura said:

I use Bleder Version 2.67b :) Poses work completely fine, I just can't create a working animation ^^"

Well, then it isn't the blender version! The child of constraint shouldn't have anything to do with it - I often animate without it too and never have problems with baking. 

I can't be sure why your animation isn't doing anything after baking. If you have the keyframes in the dopesheet and checked and unchecked the right things in the baking process, it should be the same animation as before that. 

Check if you 1. have 'pose' clicked when baking 2. if the frame step is 1, 3. if you left 'clear parenting' and 'only selected' unchecked and 4. if you did check 'clear constraints',

Edited by MaryJane

I did a quick update on the text about baking and added a link to the updated cliptool that I found.

Clydie informed me that baking also worked on newer versions of Blender, but that it works a little different - you have to uncheck everything for some strange reason. But if it works, it works! I have not tested it yet myself because I'm not animating atm. 

The update in text was real quick and dirty. I will update more thoroughly once I tested everything and know what to do and what not to do. 

19 hours ago, MaryJane said:

I did a quick update on the text about baking and added a link to the updated cliptool that I found.

Many thanks for that. Was to curious and did install the newer cliptool to blender version 2.76b. Works good and now with that you also can import objects directly into version 2.76b. And as of the baking process I did a short test. Checking the box clear bone constraints lead to an animation what look as you do not have used bone constraints at all in your animation and is therefore not usable. So, I still deselect all boxes in the baking dialog and the animation looks as intended.

But in case anyone wonder, in blender the new cliptool still is called 1.60 instead of 2.1. May be the developer forgot to change that during upgrade.

Edited by Clydie
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TakumiiSakura said:

Noob Takumii back on track!

I had lots to do in the last time so sorry for the late reply. So, I looked at my animation in Blender again and saw that not everything is connected by the orange line. Might this be the problem that my animation isn't working correctly in game?

https://prnt.sc/16ro2iw

Your dopesheet looks fine. The orange line between keyframes means that you didn't change anything between the keyframes, so that they're duplicates of each other (if I remember correctly! I'm a bit rusty with animations atm). Unless that wasn't your intention, there is nothing wrong with that. 

If your animation is good in blender but doesn't work in game, the possibilities could be:

1. something went wrong with baking

2. you forgot to bake/didn't bake correctly

3. you messed with parenting of some bones (I remember when I fucked up the parenting of the ROOT bone, the animation was fine in blender but went under ground in game)

4. you didn't import your animation in to your package file (sounds stupid, but it really happened to me once! If there is no animation to read that you specified in the XML, your sim will just stand there) or you made a mistake in the XML so the game doesn't 'know' which animation to play. 

2 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

Your dopesheet looks fine. The orange line between keyframes means that you didn't change anything between the keyframes, so that they're duplicates of each other (if I remember correctly! I'm a bit rusty with animations atm). Unless that wasn't your intention, there is nothing wrong with that. 

If your animation is good in blender but doesn't work in game, the possibilities could be:

1. something went wrong with baking

2. you forgot to bake/didn't bake correctly

3. you messed with parenting of some bones (I remember when I fucked up the parenting of the ROOT bone, the animation was fine in blender but went under ground in game)

4. you didn't import your animation in to your package file (sounds stupid, but it really happened to me once! If there is no animation to read that you specified in the XML, your sim will just stand there) or you made a mistake in the XML so the game doesn't 'know' which animation to play. 

Ok, thank you so very much!❤️

I'll try baking it again and try to write the XML again. I want to be honest: I've never worked with XML before and don't really know what to do. But it might be that I've done a mistake in this step.

1 minute ago, TakumiiSakura said:

Ok, thank you so very much!❤️

I'll try baking it again and try to write the XML again. I want to be honest: I've never worked with XML before and don't really know what to do. But it might be that I've done a mistake in this step.

No problem, I hope you figure it out. It is super frustrating to have something that goes wrong and you don't know what went wrong exactly. Trust me, I have been there 100 times myself, and I was also unfortunate that there weren't any other animators active at that moment. It sucked! 

Try to fiddle around a bit, see if you can find what went wrong. If you really can't find it, you may send me your files and I will take a look at it. But try it yourself first, you will learn the most from that ?

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've made a new animation and it baked correctly this time. I guess there was a problem with the baking process :)

But now I have another problem and that's where I'm really stuck. The KW isn't adding my package but it's kinda awkward...

Nothing happens when I type in my package name. No error, no add, just nothing and I can't figure out the problem... The animation is working fine with the animation player.

6 hours ago, TakumiiSakura said:

Nothing happens when I type in my package name.

It could be a little tricky at the beginning and without a proper template.

If you don't mind, provide me your OKW and Animation package via PM and I will get it working for you and you have a template then.

It is just an offer. But may you want to find out yourself. Therefore I attach a old description from onikis wiki here.

XML_TIPS.txt

• 5 months later...

Nice that they have a skin texture. ? But I have problems using them for normal poses.

I use the normal rigs where you click on the elbow or knee to move these joints instead of something outside the rig. These rigs like on the banner here: https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/tutorials/completeposetutorial/

Is there a normal AM rig with penis, or a CAS bottom with erect penis I can use for the rig in Blender?

3 hours ago, Countess_C said:

Is there a normal AM rig with penis, or a CAS bottom with erect penis I can use for the rig in Blender?

@ghost-17a recently posted a new am animation rig with moveable penis. Not sure if it will work for what you need, but you can check it out. Just use the search box, or check in downloads section.

14 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

@ghost-17a recently posted a new am animation rig with moveable penis. Not sure if it will work for what you need, but you can check it out. Just use the search box, or check in downloads section.

Thanks, I have seen that one adn it's just like yours but with moving penis and no skin. I'm thinking of the rigs where the joints are where they are irl, directly on the bones. The AM version but with cmar's penis. The penis itself doesn't need bones. A rig lik in this example (but with penis) https://nabilsims.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/2/0/24204729/6789081_orig.png

An AM bottom for CAS with a penis would work as well, as I'd just import it into Blender like it was clothing.

Maybe I can post in the WCIF/request section later to see if someone knows about a rig/cc or can make one. ?

1 hour ago, Countess_C said:

Thanks, I have seen that one adn it's just like yours but with moving penis and no skin. I'm thinking of the rigs where the joints are where they are irl, directly on the bones. The AM version but with cmar's penis. The penis itself doesn't need bones. A rig lik in this example (but with penis) https://nabilsims.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/2/0/24204729/6789081_orig.png

An AM bottom for CAS with a penis would work as well, as I'd just import it into Blender like it was clothing.

Maybe I can post in the WCIF/request section later to see if someone knows about a rig/cc or can make one. ?

I don't have a rig set up, perhaps you refer to @MaryJane? I'm not sure exactly what you are wanting to do. If you want a male model with penis, @ghost-17a has 2 variants. One is using Cmar's bottom, and the other uses Ghost's bottom, which IS Cmar's bottom, but the penis is boned and rigged to move.

So, no reason to request what already exists. I know, as I painted in the bones, and Ghost made the rig and posted it on his page.

Edited by LadySmoks
4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

So, no reason to request what already exists.

True! I'm very much a newbie when it comes to adult poses and also this site, though. So I might ask dumb questions or need help finding things. ?

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

May you look here :

Download the starter pack, extract it and look for the Buhudain rigs inside. May be this is what you are looking for.

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed! ? Problem solved!

• 5 months later...

Hi Mary Jane. I don't know if you still active or if you are even going to see this. However i'll make the attempt. I've been working with your rigs, and they work well in blender, i could make three animations for the while, but sadly, i had a problem importing the animations. Both actors position changes during the WooHoo sequence. Depending of the animation they clip into each other, or they are simply in a location that i haven't set. You know any way i could fix this mess? Greetings Mary Jane.