• 3 months later...

I have been using this mod for quite a long time, since first it was published.

It's a total life saver for me.
My loadorder would be technically unplayable without it. I can't thank enough to the author (Barzing)!

The only bad issue I have always experienced with it, it's that for some reason newly added or modified MCMs are never updated. They only appear after a fresh new game start.

Not sure if there a way (a console command? some secret code...) to force SkyUI to refresh the installed MCM :'(

On 7/4/2022 at 6:15 PM, rmaku said:

The only bad issue I have always experienced with it, it's that for some reason newly added or modified MCMs are never updated. They only appear after a fresh new game start.

Not sure if there a way (a console command? some secret code...) to force SkyUI to refresh the installed MCM

Okay, I may have noticed something similar - but it's not that they NEVER show up... it just may take literal days.

Have you tried 

setstage SKI_configmanagerinstance 1

and did that do anything visible?

• 1 month later...

Is this compatible with MCM Recorder please? I tried to use the SkyUI SE SSEEDED from the previous theme release because someone made a patch for it with MCM Recorder, but for some reason the patch didn't work for me.
I would appreciate if the Resort version is compatible with MCM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Bullfye said:

I have being using this and it works flawlessly ::: 

Thought its always nice to have more options but this one I am using its very good so far ..

Menu Maid 2

Just tried it, i still prefer my version.

My first ever modified version of MCM was working the same way, but going all through 'next page' /'previous page' looking for a mod is still a pain.

I prefer my ordered version :) (i promise i remain objective on this).

I know my version still need a lot of work and optimization. But the final product will be nice.

1 hour ago, Barzing said:

Just tried it, i still prefer my version.

My first ever modified version of MCM was working the same way, but going all through 'next page' /'previous page' looking for a mod is still a pain.

I prefer my ordered version :) (i promise i remain objective on this).

I know my version still need a lot of work and optimization. But the final product will be nice.

Yes I am sure it will be a good version , but its a matter of liking one way or another , and this one I posted for me its very good increases the MCM menus limit to unlimited and hides the menus you do not need more than once , like my home is you home , etc , the CBBE 3BA menu its another example you need it once at first load after install and than its all set , this Maid MCM hides those menus that you simply di not need to tweek anymore than the first time , more you can activate the hidden menus if you need one back to tweek again ...

Was not saying yours was bad , if you mistaken my words I apologize , but that its a question of preferences I think !

Edited by Bullfye
41 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

Yes I am sure it will be a good version , but its a matter of liking one way or another , and this one I posted for me its very good increases the MCM menus limit to unlimited and hides the menus you do not need more than once , like my home is you home , etc , the CBBE 3BA menu its another example you need it once at first load after install and than its all set , this Maid MCM hides those menus that you simply di not need to tweek anymore than the first time , more you can activate the hidden menus if you need one back to tweek again ...

Was not saying yours was bad , if you mistaken my words I apologize , but that its a question of preferences I think !

No problem. I didn't know of this mod, as you say it's a question of preference.

Still MaidMenu2 is based on the original mod registration, and you need sometime to wait long before having your mod registered. SkyUI Resort has a robust registration engine now. 

You can also hide mods in SKYUI Resort.

Edited by Barzing
20 hours ago, skullgirls_ said:

so i used this with MCM Recorder.

image.png.28bea48dd1d89c79c8e30e7bb83be5e0.pngi recorded my mcm config and on my next play though when i press run recording the recording just insta finish

SkyrimSE 2022-10-22 13-23-09.png

my lo image.png.9bb77e75a9b818dc77ce6375a6362f8e.png

Yes, i'm sorry but the MCM menu configuration is specific  and doesn't work like other Menus. I don't think you can record it like other menus (i didn't try to do it)

Anyway, here i see that "MCM config menu" doesn't find any mods in your MCM.

Edited by Barzing
  • 2 weeks later...

decided to update resort since i rebuilt my mod lists. ran into 2 issues on new game with SkyUI - Resort.0.3. the version 0.1 always worked fine
1. conifguration never loads anything
2. while the mod does organize everything when i click on a section aka say abc mods. there is no button to go back so im stuck on abc till i save reload game and same thing on any mcm menu.
image.png.f1da5ce1e42cd68346d085c002997b07.png

On 10/29/2022 at 10:27 AM, nabdanggit said:

Thank you

On 11/7/2022 at 4:23 AM, sidfu1 said:

decided to update resort since i rebuilt my mod lists. ran into 2 issues on new game with SkyUI - Resort.0.3. the version 0.1 always worked fine
2. while the mod does organize everything when i click on a section aka say abc mods. there is no button to go back so im stuck on abc till i save reload game and same thing on any mcm menu.

Hi, I will investigate on this.

Hey, I noticed some mcm's aren't loading in with this

I noticed Skyrim Cheat Engine wouldn't load in when I went to set the hotkey. I tried resetting things, setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1, etc

All my important mods are working fine, but thought I should ask about this issue now, just in case it affects something important later

Edit, Schlongs of Skyrim too, there's an important one I missed

Edited by Literally just a cat
On 11/13/2022 at 9:19 AM, Literally just a cat said:

Hey, I noticed some mcm's aren't loading in with this

I noticed Skyrim Cheat Engine wouldn't load in when I went to set the hotkey. I tried resetting things, setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1, etc

All my important mods are working fine, but thought I should ask about this issue now, just in case it affects something important later

Edit, Schlongs of Skyrim too, there's an important one I missed

Schlongs of Skyrim works for me, Skyrim Cheat Engine is a dll, i could try check it.

Edited by Barzing
On 11/16/2022 at 7:49 PM, Barzing said:

Schlongs of Skyrim works for me, Skyrim Cheat Engine is a dll, i could try check it.

Skyrim Cheat Engine works too, you propably have another mod that doesn't register correctly because of missing dependency and block registration of these MCMs.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:23 AM, sidfu1 said:

Load last version, it should resolve this issue.

Hi Barzing,

I'm having the same /similar problem as sidfu1. So far I was using your SkyUI - Resort version from back in 2021 (called version 1.0.0 back then), and it worked just fine.

Now I changed several mods and updated old ones. I also became aware you released an updated version and tried it.

With my heavy load order of ~1500 active mods, I found that for the updated version 0.3 / 0.31 or 0.32 the config menu doesn't load. (I gave up on waiting after ~15 minutes.) (Though different from sidfu1 I can go into the mod categories (ABC, DEF...) and back out just fine.)

The console command to force an update for the MCM menus didn't help.

All my MCM menus (but one) did show up just fine.

After clicking on "Configuration" waiting unsuccessfully for the menu to load and then exiting to the main menu and starting another new game, will cause the whole SkyUI "Mod Configuration" menu to be empty. (The messages will state though that 0 new menus were found and all MCM menus were loaded successfully.)

Using SEEDED, once again (almost) all MCM menus appear almost instantly and the configuration menu does show up.

Using the old Resort version, all MCM menus (at least 50% of the time) as well as the Configuration menu load just fine.
From the looks of it, strange enough, this version seems to run the most stable for me (and has better functions than the SEEDED one).

I have a problem I'd like your input on, and that might or might not be connected to the a.m. challenge.

As mentioned for the new Resort version and the SEEDED version almost all menus show up. To be exact, just one menu is missing - the menu of the Toys mod.
No matter if I use the console command, try the reset in the configuration (in SEEDED) or try exiting to the main menu and starting a new game anew, the menu entry will not appear.

With the old Resort version, the Toys Framework MCM menu will 50% of the time appear immediately / on the first try and 50% only upon going to the main menu and starting a new game anew.

Strange enough, when starting a new game with just the Toys mod and its requirements installed, the MCM menu entry showed up just fine 100% of the time.

So this seems to be a problem with my load order (but the Toys mod is an esm, which leaves only so many positions I can place it at and none did any good for the new Resort version or SEEDED), or a problem of conflicting mods (though I see no file overwriting the mod (apart from the meshes created by BodySlide that I place in a separate folder) and I was too lazy so far to test all combination of mods for possible incompatibilities as the Toys mod works just fine once the MCM menu is loaded).

Further information:

Using Papyrus Tweaks NG or not makes no difference.

Not using / removing Nordic UI, Infinity UI and any other UI related mod makes no difference.

While I have ~1500 active mods I only have 112 MCM menus according to SkyUI Resort (and 135 mods according to the message on the screen)

While the normal / original SkyUI should support up to 115 MCM menus, most of my menus will not display at all. (This was the case with my old mod list (where I had even less menus) and with my new list.

UPDATE:

Disabling the Toys mod made the Configuration menu appear without problem for the version 0.32 or SkyUI Resort.
When enabling a mod adding a new world space (= adding lots of new formIDs) instead of the Toys mod the Configuration menu still appeared.

Enabling the PROTEUS mod (a mod with lots of scripts) instead, again caused the Configuration menu to fail, though. (Though different from Toys, its MCM menu did appear just fine.)

Even with Toys, PROTEUS and some more mods with lots of scripts together with my new setup / mod loadout enabled causes no problems with the old SkyUi Resort

To sum it up:

I'm just fine with using the old Resort version and hope my information might be of help to you for the continued improvement of your mod.

Though, if you might have any input as to how I can get my mcm menus in general / the one remaining menu to appear more reliably, I'd be grateful. (It's bugging me, as it makes testing newly added mods and their possible effects more cumbersome.)

Edited by Tassadar33
Providing further findings
3 hours ago, Tassadar33 said:

Hi Barzing,

I'm having the same /similar problem as sidfu1. So far I was using your SkyUI - Resort version from back in 2021 (called version 1.0.0 back then), and it worked just fine.

Now I changed several mods and updated old ones. I also became aware you released an updated version and tried it.

With my heavy load order of ~1500 active mods, I found that for the updated version 0.3 / 0.31 or 0.32 the config menu doesn't load. (I gave up on waiting after ~15 minutes.) (Though different from sidfu1 I can go into the mod categories (ABC, DEF...) and back out just fine.)

After clicking on "Configuration" waiting unsuccessfully for the menu to load and then exiting to the main menu and starting another new game, will cause the whole SkyUI "Mod Configuration" menu to be empty. (The messages will state though that 0 new menus were found and all MCM menus were loaded successfully.)

Using SEEDED, once again (almost) all MCM menus appear almost instantly and the configuration menu does show up.

Using the old Resort version, all MCM menus (at least 50% of the time) as well as the Configuration menu load just fine.
From the looks of it, strange enough, this version seems to run the most stable for me (and has better functions than the SEEDED one).

I have a problem I'd like your input on, and that might or might not be connected to the a.m. challenge.

As mentioned for the new Resort version and the SEEDED version almost all menus show up. To be exact, just one menu is missing - the menu of the Toys mod.
No matter if I use the console command, try the reset in the configuration (in SEEDED) or try exiting to the main menu and starting a new game anew, the menu entry will not appear.

With the old Resort version, the Toys Framework MCM menu will 50% of the time appear immediately / on the first try and 50% only upon going to the main menu and starting a new game anew.

Strange enough, when starting a new game with just the Toys mod and its requirements installed, the MCM menu entry showed up just fine 100% of the time.

So this seems to be a problem with my load order (but the Toys mod is an esm, which leaves only so many positions I can place it at and none did any good for the new Resort version or SEEDED), or a problem of conflicting mods (though I see no file overwriting the mod (apart from the meshes created by BodySlide that I place in a separate folder) and I was too lazy so far to test all combination of mods for possible incompatibilities as the Toys mod works just fine once the MCM menu is loaded).

Further information:

Not using / removing Nordic UI, Infinity UI and any other UI related mod makes no difference.

While I have ~1500 active mods I only have 112 MCM menus according to SkyUI Resort (and 135 mods according to the message on the screen)

While the normal / original SkyUI should support up to 115 MCM menus, most of my menus will not display at all. (This was the case with my old mod list (where I had even less menus) and with my new list.

UPDATE:

Disabling the Toys mod made the Configuration menu appear without problem for the version 0.32 or SkyUI Resort.
When enabling a mod adding a new world space (= adding lots of new formIDs) instead of the Toys mod the Configuration menu still appeared.

Enabling the PROTEUS mod (a mod with lots of scripts) instead, again caused the Configuration menu to fail, though. (Though different from Toys, its MCM menu did appear just fine.)

Even with Toys, PROTEUS and some more mods with lots of scripts together with my new setup / mod loadout enabled causes no problems with the old SkyUi Resort

To sum it up:

I'm just fine with using the old Resort version and hope my information might be of help to you for the continued improvement of your mod.

Though, if you might have any input as to how I can get my mcm menus in general / the one remaining menu to appear more reliably, I'd be grateful. (It's bugging me, as it makes testing newly added mods and their possible effects more cumbersome.)

Ah the infamous SkyUI bug, and with a menu mod layered on top of it :D 

Toys used to be vulnerable to it but has become much less vulnerable over time. When people have had problem, I point them to this list if tricks.... Toys MCM or other mod's MCM is not showing. You've used already at least 2 of them.

Just thought I'd mention in case it helps anyone. The next release of Toys&Love will be even less vulnerable, I think, so I'd love to know if that release makes a difference in this case, once it's out. Its beta will be available possibly in a day or so.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:11 PM, Tassadar33 said:

Hi Barzing,

Further information:

UPDATE:

To sum it up:

First : thanks for this complete feedback on testing SkyUI Resort.

I have to admit i haven't completly re-tested the configMenu functionalities with the recent updates (since 0.3). So you probably need to stick to pre 0.3 to continue using them correctly until i revalidate them in a beta version i think.

With 0.3 i upgraded the way MCM register mods, but if some of these mods already don't follow the original template to register to MCM, it may interfer incorrectly with the upgraded method i coded, but still respect the original template.

Some technical explanations :

BEFORE (skyUI classic) :

MCM (SKYUI manager) send one mod event to say Mods they can register.

on Game Reload : MCM broadcast  one "you can register" event 

NEW METHOD (with SkyUI resort):

MCM (SKYUI manager) find all mods MCM Menus  (by  parsing playerAliases) and register them and tell each mod it has been registered.

and Still keep the standard method (described above) for compatibility.

+ broadcast at "timer" (starting by 5 sec) "you can register" event 

every broadcast the "timer" * 2 before next broadcast and this for 20mins total before it stops

at Game reload, it refreshes all modswith the same technic as above.

So the the new method is pretty solid and give much more chance to mods to be registered.

I have 107 mods actually registered. all of them appear correctly.

If one mod do not appear in MCM, most of the time it's because it miss requirement. 

Anyway in next version, i will had a precious tool that will help to manually register a mod.

Edited by Barzing

Thanks VirginMarie, I know of the SkyUI bug and I indeed got this tricks straight from your FAQ (all its tricks've been very helpful to at least get the menu to appear at all).

Thanks Barzing for the technical explanation, it's very interesting to read the difference between the classic SkyUI and Resort!

I'm very much looking forward to how the continuous development of both mods will pan out.