[mod] MerCom (third-party update, compatibility with Slavery mod)

MerCom (third-party update, compatibility with Slavery mod)

Remember this mod? 

I was playing around with it in-between irl stuff and working on my other mods, and i began making tweaks here and there. And before I knew it, I had fully integrated it into my own mod, made numerous tweaks, added some AI logic (ai_chance stuff) and added a whole new (if short) event chain. So I figured I might as well post it :)

Posted with the original author's blessings, I think it's, again, only fair that anyone can take these files and do whatever they want with them.

Requires:

• (not strictly necessary, but nice to have)

Features:

• You can try to banish the Red Hand from your lands. It won't be easy though, and can have... interesting consequences if you fail
    • If you do succeed, you get a lot of prestige, 5 martial, and the duelist skill; the commander dies, and the title remains active, but its holder becomes independent.
    • Should you decide to invite them again, then the very same mercenary band will join your realm
  • Merged and revamped various maintenance events
  • Reduced odds of children becoming futas
  • Tried (and arguably succeeded) in fixing the rampant character generation of original mod
    • Mind you, I did it by marrying the RedHand veterans and RedHand sluts together (so that they can't constantly leave court through marriage/concubinage)
  • Integration with Slavery mod
  • All of your unmarried daughters will now want to join the Red Hand. Now though, some of them will serve the Red Hand in a somewhat different manner
    • What about your sons? Nothing. I ain't particularly into that part of the mod, so sons don't get to join the Red Hand in any capacity; but it's easy enough to fix. Just look into the huge random_list in the immediate block in redhand.1000
  • Somewhat cleaned up code in some places
  • Edited character generation somewhat

Planed Features:

• probably none. Yes, I can see places that could use improvements, but I kinda have my hands full-ish now, so updates for this one will probably only include bug fixes

So... enjoy, I guess.

*edit: apparently, I double-posted this file. Oops. Took the duplicate down, they were identical anyways.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/02/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14369-slavery/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, Spenser said:

Hey, thanks for the mod! Sadly, it's unplayable right now. Random nicknames generator goes crazy and generate nicknames to each of the Read Hand sluts every day. So game just lagging as hell.

I was able to fix that issue by adding an additional condition to the event. There was also a localization error in another file, TTContent_mercom.csv. There where 2 "EVTDESC_redhand_003A" the second is supposed to be "EVTDESC_redhand_003B." It's at the end of the file.

And if you want to fix it yourself, you can find the event (redhand.1020) in MerCom\event\TTContent_redhand.txt.

trigger = {
		AND = {
			NOT = { trait = redhandvet }
			NOT = has_nickname
		}
	}

TTContent_redhand.txt TTContent_mercom.csv

Edited by KoaNiolo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone else downloading this, a few notes:

There is an annoying event (redhand.3000) which basically abducts all women in your court if you have the redhand or futa slut trait. It appears to be intentional but not a bug, but having 40% of your court (including councilors!) can be really annoying, especially since there's no popup telling you what happened. So I suggest deleting that event if it bothers you, too.

For some reason the mod doesn't use the larger event windows that other mods use, at least in my game. Since it doesn't happen with any other with any other loverslab mods, I assume it's this mod and not the larger event window mod causing the issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/2/2021 at 12:32 AM, KoaNiolo said:

I was able to fix that issue by adding an additional condition to the event. There was also a localization error in another file, TTContent_mercom.csv. There where 2 "EVTDESC_redhand_003A" the second is supposed to be "EVTDESC_redhand_003B." It's at the end of the file.

And if you want to fix it yourself, you can find the event (redhand.1020) in MerCom\event\TTContent_redhand.txt.

trigger = {
		AND = {
			NOT = { trait = redhandvet }
			NOT = has_nickname
		}
	}

TTContent_redhand.txt 74.84 kB · 45 downloads TTContent_mercom.csv 75.16 kB · 48 downloads

Great fix but there's a little syntax mistake in that bit you shared. Instead of NOT = has_nickame it should be has_nickname = no. Otherwise your fixes work great!

• 1 year later...