Sexout Sound Replacer

t3589

Finally, I've run into a small hurdle.  There is no way I can stuff MCM with every permutation of slider.  Therefore, I've decided to break it down thusly:

GLOBAL

A slider for sex fx limit.

A slider for oral fx limit.

PC ONLY

A slider for forced voice limit.

A slider for stage2 voice limit.

A slider for stage3 voice limit.

A slider for stage4 voice limit.

A slider for oral voice limit.

MALE NPCs

FEMALE NPCs

Now, that being said I can add more than that.  But I don't see another way of dividing them up conveniently without it getting entirely insane.  So if any of you have a better idea on how they can be split up using a few more sliders I'm game to hear it.  I guess I could go one step further and add creatures.  But that's kind of pushing it imo.

Btw, stage1 is skipped for the time being but built in for possible anim stages in the future.  Until then it will go unused.

Yeah best keep it simple, I've had to split MCM across 2 scripts in SCR & Pregnancy, copy that if you need to, maybe you should do that from the outset to allow for creatures later, though I'd keep creatures pretty basic to only a few sounds per creature.

I've found the more sliders you give people the more ways they'll work out how to create problems like having sperm last longer than a pregnancy for example :)

I'd have a quest script with all your fine base settings in it so you can tune it with those then just give them overall modifying sliders.

Mainly because there is currently no way in game for a player to decide that they want a particular encounter to be a 'romantic' or 'taboo' one, or any other except yes/no, and oral/anal/straight/threesome.  Perhaps when modders or the main system adds that ability, then they can customize the things we're discussing atm (either through a mod if it allows it,  or through Sexouts built in functions to be able to choose).

That sort of thing would be decided via dialogue options that would pass variables to the sound system. Just provide the variables and let modders use them.

Yeah best keep it simple, I've had to split MCM across 2 scripts in SCR & Pregnancy, copy that if you need to, maybe you should do that from the outset to allow for creatures later, though I'd keep creatures pretty basic to only a few sounds per creature.

I've found the more sliders you give people the more ways they'll work out how to create problems like having sperm last longer than a pregnancy for example :)

I'd have a quest script with all your fine base settings in it so you can tune it with those then just give them overall modifying sliders.

NG splits them too.  Good idea on doing that from the start.  I remember hitting the limit one time and spending an hour trying to find a typo that wasn't there. lol

Just for the record, all creatures are at least marked male or female right?  Are there any creatures that aren't either male or female?  It would be nice if there wasn't lol.

10-4 on the quest script.  First thing I did.

No creatures are marked male or female. Creatures don't have genders in the FNV engine.

Ok well that may be even better.  As long as I don't have to split them up into genders.  I was worried I would have to split them into 3 genders.

Allow me to rephrase: Sexout assumes all creatures are male. But if you try to run an IsMale or IsFemale check on a creature they will both return 0.

rofl  Too late.  I already figured that out.  I've gone the voicetype route anyway.  Seems more logical that way.

Seriously debating on even including MCM support.  It's what is causing all the extra work.  I think this can be done as you mentioned earlier.  Just repeat your files.  You could even tweak your sound timing manually with that method.

That way I could let the game divide things up like it wants to, instead of reorganizing what's already there to fit into MCM.  It also occured to me that if a modder has a certain amount of sounds, they may not want the user to break their mod by setting things lower/higher than they should be.

Maybe I'll compromise and put sliders for FX and PC voices, and leave the rest on rinse and repeat.  I don't know yet.  I'm sort of concerned it will be too much work for joe player, but then what the hell are they doing trying to install mods?  I could go either way.

From my perspective, if we get a good set of voices for each type of sex I don't need a lot of special fine tuning. MCM support would not bother me, not in the least, but I will probably leave most of it alone assuming the voices work fairly well. I suspect this is true of a lot of players.

Depends from there on what options you want. I would not mind picking my courier voice set and being able to switch, if there are options, but beyond that I'd just assign the rest yourself or let it randomize, and if someone wants to go assigning that is more work then most players will care to do.

Again, I won't complain about options, but most voices would be left default for a lot of people I imagine.

I know nothing about creating mods but I hope it will be possible we can assign specific voice types to companions; e.g.. Cass = voice type 1 and so on. But like I says, I know nothing about the complexities of this sort of thing, so I'm looking forward to this either way. 

Well.... looks like I'm going to have to give up.  My hard drive fried and... lol

Is that what you're all waiting to hear?  Tough shit!

Because it's done and is ready for testing.  I still have to add the modder support, but everything involving the players customizations is finito.  This thing is massive guys.  I'll eventually split everything up into little packs so it's easier for players to understand.  Probably a lot of bugs to work through also.  But at least the meat is on the table.

Whose permission do I need to post it for testing?  Or should I wait for astymma some more (said he'll look it over when he gets time on the one in the op, haven't heard from him since)?  I'll probably want to create a new thread for this new one as it is nothing like the one in this op.  And there will be a lot of info to post for modders once I get that part squared away.

You big wigs let me know.

Well.... looks like I'm going to have to give up.  My hard drive fried and... lol

Is that what you're all waiting to hear?  Tough shit!

LOL, when I was a lad we didn't let a dead 5 1/2" SS floppy stop us, we would jump into MS-DOS fire up a sector editor search & and rip our data back off that 320k disk byte by byte, so what if you got an encrypted 4Tb SS drive, where's your sense of adventure? :)

When I say everything for the player I mean the player can now customize every single voice in the entire game.

Working on the modder support now.  Some things have changed though.  Modders will set two things to access this in their mods.  A ref to tell it what kind of sounds to play, and an int to set how many voices to play.  Shouldn't be long.

Holy moley!  This thing is incredible. Found a few bugs not to mention a couple of missing elses and a few too many endifs.

It turns out that when the geck exports dialogue wavs, either it doesn't do them in order, or I messed up the order somehow resulting in some sounds not playing as they should.  I'll fix that later on tonight somehow and run a few more tests.  The timing may need a bit of an adjustment.  It certainly doesn't repeat voices on a regular schedule like NG does.

Anyway, I'll be making a download post soon after that.  I don't think it has to be perfect on initial release.  Doing my best to get it to you very very soon.  So you can BREAK IT!  We can't have anything... lol

I have a formlist of robots in SCR, you could copy/rename it into your mod as a new record so you don't have to have SCR as a master. I don't think there's one in SexoutNG yet as it really needs to be split into 4 types because I think there are 4 basic robot types for animations, that may effect you as some robots don't talk in theory.

I don't see any reason it would be bad to have SCR as a master.

Well I guess the advantage is if anyone adds new robots to the SCR formlists they will work as intended for sounds but SexoutNG will need them eventually for Animations one day I hope :)

It was sort of just an afterthought.  For when robo anims are added.

I'm having trouble with threesome scenes currently.  How do I figure out which kind of threesome it is.  It returns isoral true when I engage in a three way scene.  I don't always want it to do that.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If I can get that part squared away I think this thing is ready for play testing.

Archived