Sexout Sound Replacer

t3589

Ha!  You loose MCM.  MCM was kickin my ass up and down the block there for a while.  What a pita.  The language seems easy enough, but it is one finicky bastard.

Support for up to 20 sounds added almost across the board.

Should I add MCM settings for oral and forced oral?  I'm thinking, how many of those sounds do you really need?  But I'm not the only one this mod is for.  So if you have an opinion on whether or not I should add sliders for them, speak up soon.

I'm going to add at least male PC voice support and then I'll be ready for playi.... I mean more exstensive testing.

My recommendation is get what you have out, and upgrade it from there. Something like forced oral and oral separate would be good, but I'd rather have the mod sooner and have that be a tweak with it out.  Just my pov, being rather eager for better sounds.

My recommendation is get what you have out, and upgrade it from there. Something like forced oral and oral separate would be good, but I'd rather have the mod sooner and have that be a tweak with it out.  Just my pov, being rather eager for better sounds.

It's not a matter of waiting for me to get done.  At least I thought that was the skinny.  I think it's a matter of figuring out if it can be integrated into SexoutNG, which will take time.  The second I get the go ahead to release it that's what I'll do.  I've been playing with it on one of my own PCs since last year (a half assed custom version of it just for my game granted).

But yeah 10-4 on the eagerness for better sound.  That's precisely why I'm doing this.  I've already started collecting more sounds to get ready for creating sound sets for myself.  I can't wait.

Adding backwards compatibility now.  If I can get past that, I'll add MCM choices across the board. Then all sounds will cap at 20.  Once those things are done, then I'll be able to add male voice support as well.

I don't know where I'm going to find male voices that aren't Japanese. lol  But I would like to customize my male PCs.  They never get any attention.

I'm dieing to release this.  It is now a pre-release final.  Added a few extra surpise elements of my own using the built in sounds.  Still looking for a good zipper unziping sound that I can use.

This thing is great.  Had a lot of fun coding it.  Will have even more fun playing it.

What a ride.

Added support for 6 voice sets.  Now males and females each get support for:

1 Custom PC Voice Set

1 Custom Alternate Voice Set

1 Custom NPC Voice Set

This should solve the threeway problem.  PC voices are now exclusive to the PC.  You will not hear NPCs using your PCs voice (they will use the alternate/npc voices).

Now for more testing.

I don't suppose there would be a way to tie your sounds to the voice type assigned to an NPC?

LOL.  I thought of voice by race.  I dismissed it because if you get in a threeway/two way bi encounter they alll would use the same voices.  I do love the idea though and I think it can be done.

I guess I could make the PC exclusive and then divy out the rest.  Right now it's sort of based on actors so that when in a three way you can have 3 different voices playing at once.

Is that what you mean by voice type?

Each NPC has a voice type assigned to them in the GECK. Female1, Female2, etc. Obviously you won't have sounds that actually match the voices, but the real purpose would be to allow moders to create NPCs with their own voice types and therefore their own custom sex sounds.

Of course, I have absolutely no idea how this would work. Voices would probably have to be compared to a Formlist (that other mods could add to via BuildRef) and the Index would have to be used to call the sound. Which would mean you'd have to create a set number of available sound sets that had no sounds but were open. But that would also mean the user would have to know the index and... Well, the more I think about it the more I think the concept is impossible to pull off.

Each NPC has a voice type assigned to them in the GECK. Female1, Female2, etc. Obviously you won't have sounds that actually match the voices, but the real purpose would be to allow moders to create NPCs with their own voice types and therefore their own custom sex sounds.

Of course, I have absolutely no idea how this would work. Voices would probably have to be compared to a Formlist (that other mods could add to via BuildRef) and the Index would have to be used to call the sound. Which would mean you'd have to create a set number of available sound sets that had no sounds but were open. But that would also mean the user would have to know the index and... Well, the more I think about it the more I think the concept is impossible to pull off.

I originally wanted to use a formlist for a more dynamic approach.  I also very much wanted to create a framework other modders could plug into.  Things like SOFO.  Even though this project is turning out to be huge, I am still an amature when it comes to game modding.  I'm a programmer by trade (20+ yrs) so that helps me pick things up extremely fast when it comes to scripting.

I too couldn't think of a way to accomplish the above.  The obstacle for me was the sound assets themselves.  They aren't dynamic at all.  Unless I could substitute a sound asset by a ref in a formlist?  Which would eliminate the need to add sound assets and at that point the skies the limit.  We could make this a masterwork.

If you have any knowledge to pass my way I welcome your ideas.  Don't assume I know a lot simply because I've gotten this far.  I've learned a lot but, I also know in scripting there can be a million ways to do the exact same thing.

EDIT: If I had a way to do this 'Playsound3D AssetName0(var)' where var = some number that would get me one step closer to what you're tlasking about.  It really is that simple.  Then I could at least mimic a dynamic call.

Sound records have to be called from the record, they sadly can't be called by filename or anything dynamic like that.

What about using dialogue instead? I think Sexout already does this if you have "use in-game voices" checked in MCM. Since the engine is already designed to look for a folder matching the name of the voice type and play the sound from there, you would just create a number of topics (SexoutSoundMoan1, SexoutSoundMoan 2, etc.) and then all a modder would have to do was provide the sound files in the correct directories.

Sound records have to be called from the record, they sadly can't be called by filename or anything dynamic like that.

What about using dialogue instead? I think Sexout already does this if you have "use in-game voices" checked in MCM. Since the engine is already designed to look for a folder matching the name of the voice type and play the sound from there, you would just create a number of topics (SexoutSoundMoan1, SexoutSoundMoan 2, etc.) and then all a modder would have to do was provide the sound files in the correct directories.

See.  I'll look into this in more depth without a doubt.  It'll take me a few to think this through though. lol  Not a spring chicken anymore.  Sounds good so far.  I just need to understand its limitations.  Thinking...

You mean pack it in a bsa?  That's where the real voice tick box get's its sounds from.  Forgive me if I start to ask stupid questions at this point.  Wouldn't a dialogue stop the game to do dialogue?  Oh wait I see.  Create refs to a packed bsa full of ogg files?  That definitely would eliminate all the sound record refs in the script.  I just don't know how these are refferenced yet because I never bothered to look at how 'saytome attack' for example worked.  That's how those built in game files are being called is saytome.

Great ideas.  Checking it out now...

Yeah even those have to have sound assets point to them I think.  Damn sound records.

As long as it has the proper filepath it can be in or not in a .bsa, it doesn't really matter. The SayToMe stuff just calls a dialogue topic, so you would create a topic called SexoutSoundMoan and put like eight lines there all marked Random. And then the script would be SayToMe SexoutSoundMoan. Other modders wouldn't even need to reference your plugin, they'd just need to include the sound files.

As long as it has the proper filepath it can be in or not in a .bsa, it doesn't really matter. The SayToMe stuff just calls a dialogue topic, so you would create a topic called SexoutSoundMoan and put like eight lines there all marked Random. And then the script would be SayToMe SexoutSoundMoan. Other modders wouldn't even need to reference your plugin, they'd just need to include the sound files.

OK brilliant.  It makes sense to me now.  Wow this could change a lot.  Condense the code right off the bat.

I'm defnitely going to play with this.  But...

I would have to include every variation for modders to be able to do that but not overwrite someone elses stuff wouldn't I?

I like this idea.

I guess I could add variations over time.  Start with the companions maybe...

Thanks for your input.  Keep it coming if you have any more ideas.

EDIT: So wait.  Couldn't they just alter the end of the path?  lol 

Modders can create as many custom voice types as they want. Unless they happen to pick the same name as someone else, there's no risk of overwriting anything. Since the game engine has the built-in capability to search for and locate the proper folders, you wouldn't need to do anything special to accommodate other modders. You would just have to provide the voice clips for the vanilla voice types yourself.

EDIT: I would suggest packing the voice clips for vanilla voice types, especially for companions, in a .bsa. That way users can override the sounds without actually having to overwrite any files.

Modders can create as many custom voice types as they want. Unless they happen to pick the same name as someone else, there's no risk of overwriting anything. Since the game engine has the built-in capability to search for and locate the proper folders, you wouldn't need to do anything special to accommodate other modders. You would just have to provide the voice clips for the vanilla voice types yourself.

EDIT: I would suggest packing the voice clips for vanilla voice types, especially for companions, in a .bsa. That way users can override the sounds without actually having to overwrite any files.

Oh Wow.  It just sunk in.  You're frigin genius man.

But doesn't that mean that added npcs (npcs not in vanilla) won't have a place to override?  How do they get covered when joe average user that doesn't know where to override the files, chooses to have sex with that npc?  Does joe average user get sounds in that case?

EDIT: Or is that where voicetypes comes in?

Remember it's not the NPC that matters, it's the voice type. In my experience custom voice types are not very common; since most mods don't completely voice NPCs up to and including sound sets they are assigned vanilla voice types so they have the generic sound set lines. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course, and in such a case the user would indeed not have any sound.

A way around this could be to maintain a form list of "Supported Voice Types" and if an NPC had a voice type that was not in that list it would play a generic backup sound (, perhaps) instead of the dialogue. Modders would be required to add their voice types to that list via BuildRef. (I haven't tested to make sure voice types can actually be added to form lists, though I don't see why they couldn't.) NPCs not on this list would probably use the system you were originally using, and as I don't think the Player has a voice type unique to them (again, not entirely sure) you might have to use the old system for them as well regardless of whether you switch over to the dialogue idea or not.

Archived