SMP collision question

8 hours ago, Frosferes said:

Is there a way to have an smp trishape no-collide with everything by default and then specify which collision tags that it should interact with?

This was the default behavior in the past, but at some point it was changed in the code by author to collide with everything by default. There is no way to change that, it is hardcoded. You have to use no-collide-with-tag.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

Is this a trick question?

What exactly do you think <no-collide-with-tag> </no-collide-with-tag> does?

If copying and pasting line of text and then specifying a node is beyond your means, maybe SMP is not for you.

I know perfectly well how to tell a shape not to collide with a tag. That's not what I asked. I'm asking if there's a way to tell a shape to assume that it should not collide with anything unless otherwise specified.

Nice tone btw

4 minutes ago, OrrieL said:

This was the default behavior in the past, but at some point it was changed in the code by author to collide with everything by default. There is no way to change that, it is hardcoded. You have to use no-collide-with-tag.

Thank you, that clears some things up. Was that what the <can-collide-with-tag> argument originally used for?

On 12/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, Frosferes said:

Thank you, that clears some things up. Was that what the <can-collide-with-tag> argument originally used for?

Yes, obviously :)

Depending on what you want to achieve maybe limiting the collisions to private (this mesh object only) or internal (this NPC body object only) instead of default public (all objects) can help you solve the problem.

4 hours ago, OrrieL said:

Yes, obviously :)

Depending on what you want to achieve maybe limiting the collisions to private (this mesh object only) or internal (this NPC body object only) instead of default public (all objects) can help you solve the problem.

I do want my mesh interacting with certain objects like cloaks, just not the body. It shouldn't be an issue, I'll just have to isolate the conflicting tags by elimination. I only posted this thread wondering if there was a quick and easy cheat solution lol.

Just want to say thanks for taking the time to answer my constant questions on SMP, friend ?