I can't travel to any destination

This game is running out my patience ,,, I wanted to try the new FemmeBot and try to travel to the future without success, my Sims cannot travel. I Start a new game and the problem persists, the Time machine arrives, I repair it, I enter it and that's all, when trying to travel ,the same thing happens, it asks me to save game , I do it and there they stay, the sim disappears but there is no screen of load...

Has it happened to anyone? Do you have any idea what causes it?

If not, I must have to remove all the CC and the Mods and try again, if it does not work I will try to restore an old game from a backup copy or restore the initial values and from there gradually add mods and cc to see What cause the fail.

Luckily, if this game has taught me something, it is to make backup copies of everything, Houses, characters, games, folders and other trifles ,,, but it is not what I had planned to do ,,, maybe I will take the opportunity to compress more CC in thematic "megapacks" ? ??

10 hours ago, Patriguz said:

This game is running out my patience

First, do you have Nraas Traveler? https://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler

Have you traveled before? Back when I first got World Adventures, It didn't work! Been a while, and forget the details, but I researched and found that TS3 travel script is poop on a stick, and that the Nraas Traveler mod fixes it. I already had the mod when I installed ITF, so I don't know if you have a different problem, but Traveler is worth trying if you do not have it.

Thanks for answering. Yes, I have the Traveler installed and until recently I was traveling without problems, even with a family of 10, both to other worlds and to university or the future. I have tried to go to Oasis Landing with Traveler, (without using the Time Machine) but it does not work either ,,, The fact is that the Sims travel but the interface remains in the world of origin, if I restart them they return and continue with their life . I have looked through several pages and the only option they give me is to restart the whole game without CC and start adding things one by one, until I see what causes the problem

"Ajo y Agua" ("Garlic and water") as we say here, I don't know the origin of that saying but it means "Don't cry, accept the unpleasant part and move on"

7 hours ago, Patriguz said:

The fact is that the Sims travel but the interface remains in the world of origin

7 hours ago, Patriguz said:

"Ajo y Agua"

Sadly, some times... often times, yes. I have traveled a lot with both FemmeBot and Vaginator during testing, as did @landess. Well, he did not have V800.

I have found and read (not sure where) that Kinky World and ITF don't play well together. My current save, I have a sim and FemmeBot stuck in ITF. They woohooed when they arrived, but on travel I then save as, shut down, clean the save and restart. Kinky World won't load. So, travel home and it just spins. I took these same pair to ITF not too long ago, stayed in the same house, and had no problems.

Can You open Oasis Landing with Edit world? Checking to see if the map/world 'can' be opened regardless of Sim activity.

What town/world are you traveling from?

I spent some time trying to look up this issue "ITF Oasis landing won't load", with slim results. Most point to CC (a common scapegoat that gets the blame too quickly, yet 'can' be the issue sadly) Others even brought up the 'legal copy' situation. One that was semi promising was the patch version. 1.69 didn't work while 1.67 did - but that's a mixed bag if using Origin.

My current install has all EP's as I've mentioned many times, but I never mentioned that I made sure to install them in the order they released - my good ole OCD kicking in. I'm seriously at a loss for things to try. I admit in the past I had issues sometimes when using the travel feature of World Adventures, but that was before this 'final' install.

I can say though I'm still using part of the game I played since the early 2010's. After a clean install, I moved all the files from my old game which had saves, sims, mods, etc. to the new system and just overwrote the clean/new files/folders. I have done this 2 times now across new computers I have purchased. So I know the game is fairly 'resilient' as long as it functions to begin with and the files 'used' functioned before in a working application.

I'll link this page as it's pretty comprehensive in resetting the game to 'factory', as well as a few other things to think about or try.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714

I myself would just try the old rename the Sims 3 folder in documents, and start the game allowing it to create a new folder, then start the game completely fresh - 'new save' - and wait for the portal to spawn, go through the motions and see if that allows you to access Oasis Landing. If so, you're half way there - now begin replacing files from the renamed folder like settings, sims, mods, etc. with saves last since they will be dependent on everything else before it. Who knows, it may work without having to do anything else after giving a kick in the butt - yet be vigilant when adding files/folder by testing.    test test test      > No reason to fail once you're on the right path.

I really wish there was more information on this issue to research.

I'm a fairly patient person, but boy does this game test it out! My game *massively* glitched when trying to return my family to my original homeworld from Oasis Landing using the Time Portal, with Plumbots or without made no difference.  Completely lost the HUD. I tried to use Nraas Master Controller to switch families, and then change back to my original family, but that didn't work either.  It was quite a while ago, and I remember that I got it to work in some fashion eventually, but not how I did it. For a while at least... But at some point it became so messed up that I had to abandon those saves. A search found a stand-alone, empty version of Oasis Landing called Arcadia-3. Then I copied the families from original OL to the bin, and plopped them into their corresponding homes in Arcadia-3, and it then functioned like switching to a new town without problems. Some functionality missing was my sims' Decedents, their statues in the founders park, and the ability to choose the type of future your Sims live in. The "look" of a future Dystopia  or Utopia was able to be attained with lighting mods etc. 

Knowing a little bit more about the game and mods now, it might be time to test out OL again (with LadySmoks awesome additions this time!)

9 hours ago, landess said:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714

I myself would just try the old rename the Sims 3 folder in documents, and start the game allowing it to create a new folder, then start the game completely fresh - 'new save' - and wait for the portal to spawn, go through the motions and see if that allows you to access Oasis Landing. If so, you're half way there - now begin replacing files from the renamed folder like settings, sims, mods, etc. with saves last since they will be dependent on everything else before it. Who knows, it may work without having to do anything else after giving a kick in the butt - yet be vigilant when adding files/folder by testing.    test test test      > No reason to fail once you're on the right path.

I really wish there was more information on this issue to research.

First of all, thank you all for the advice and encouragement. I found that same page and I used the method of restarting and progressive loading, I was able to travel to Oasis Landing but I have not finished installing everything I had in the old game so I have not identified the problem, it is being tedious, but at the It seems there is no other option, (I am also taking the opportunity to compress CC), it seems that I am moving forward, but I will tell you how it goes

My installation includes all the expansions and all the worlds of the Store, it is version 1.69 and I am trying to travel from "Builder Island" a small empty world with no neighbors that I use to build and test

Glad to hear it seems to be a file causing the problems you will eventually hunt down.

I mentioned the world traveling from, as that could be an issue, but since you have succeeded so far, put that to bed.

If you haven't heard about the 50/50 style of mod troubleshooting I'd thought I'd mention it, and if you have, maybe someone else can learn from it:

>50/50 is a term for replacing 1/2 the mods used. If one has no trouble then remove those and test the other 1/2. If the issue is a mod/CC, then one half or the other should expose which half it's in. Now one has eliminated 1/2 the mods in a single stroke. Continue splitting the offending group by half (50/50), repeat. This should clear another 1/4 of the total mods/CC. Repeat until the one causing issues is found. Of course there could always be more than one, but it doesn't change the process, it just means more than one 'stack' of mods must be gone through the same way. Mathematically it's the fastest way to find that needle in the haystack.

23 minutes ago, landess said:

>50/50

They way things work for me, is that there are two mods that cause the problem... I separate one mod in 50, and the OTHER mod in the OTHER 50! Both work okay separately, I can't find the cause, but with everything together, nothing works right. (((

Oh, yes, this HAS happened to me!!!

1 hour ago, landess said:

50/50 

I had not thought about it, it seems a more efficient way  , Thanks .?

I have the Packages folder divided into subfolders by categories and I am testing them one by one, if they do not give me a problem I purge them of excess material (that CC that I only use very rarely) and I compress them, since I have to review everything at least I will lighten the loading time. Or so i hope