Getting to the point in my life now where I want to lose weight, ever heard of tape worm dieting?

The theory is that you ingest a tablet with a specially designed benign tapeworm that consumes roughly half of the calories you ingest.

Research ive done suggests in some developed countries its illegal however many supporters claim that it was outlawed in ignorance.

To me, using natural organisms seems to be more legit than using tablets or liposuction.

I am currently saving money for a new PC but if I can put that money towards losing weight than it would be a far better investment and I would likely have to travel to somewhere like Asia to have it done as Asian nations (bless em) are more agreeable to natural cures than western nations who, essentially, promote the use of snake oil cures or dangerous surgery.

The only thing that freaks me out abit is the removal of the tape worm as it apparently comes out the poop shooter, but I guess it cant be much different to regular excretion.

What do you guys think of the plan?

I used to have too much meat in my bones when i was young. i tried many types of diets but after many years and after spending a lot of money, i finally found the right one:

"power of will"

everyday third day i take a little jog in a park not too far from my home, i also avoid sugar sodas and anything similar to them. thats being all; i eat pizza, hamburguers and many different types of junk food (in a moderate amount of course) but since i got the will to take that jog i lost an amazing amount of weight. the time for my jogging increased regularly from 15 min to currently 1 hour (and increasing speed). the first time i went to run i hurted my ankles because of the weight i had, but that doesnt stopped me.

many people will say the same to you, that excercise it's better than anything, unluckily, they are right. i have experienced a lot of things in my life and weight issues was a one of them. There is nothing more rewarding than looking yourself in the mirror and watching the benefits of a healthy life.

"The pessimist complains about the wind;

the optimist expects it to change;

the realist adjust the sails."

William A. Ward

As a Hardcore Gamer you can imagine i would get no excersise. I eat what food i want, and when i want and i never gain a pound. and I'm only Nineteen.

The only excersise i get is mowing the back lawn which is on a Very steep incline and takes about an hour to do one side of the lawn, and Walk to and from ingleburn (Town near me) every Wednesday  But I really can't care less for diets, I don't need some Pushy "Health" company telling me what i can and cannot eat. I will not eat Vegetables unless it has a Meat product near it, And i still have the energy as a Bunny. 

But i wouldn't take any tablet or medicine to get me slim, I don't take medicine anyway.

But i did hear a story that if you stare Stephen King in the eyes for 20 seconds you can loose 200 pounds next morning :3

Unfortunately exercise wont work for me as anything I lose will be regained due to my life relying on regular consumption of coca cola (without it daily I feel like I will die).

This is why I'm considering unorthodox solutions.

Unfortunately exercise wont work for me as anything I lose will be regained due to my life relying on regular consumption of coca cola (without it daily I feel like I will die).

This is why I'm considering unorthodox solutions.

dweed. i was a coke (coca cola) addict myself. but since i found and began my beloved "writing" (wirting books and novels) i managed to leave that addiction behind (i suffered from withdrawal but i enjoyed the challenge).

what i am trying to say is that you need to find a "purpose" (like i find my writing) and after that, not even the world will be able to stop you. try searching for anything you like, something like painting, music or even writing. i'm confident you'll find something sooner or later. for some people, having child works pretty well, but it is not always the same and not always correct (because it is sometimes a bound purpose).

remember, always believe in yourself.

"The negative person sees the problem in every opportunity. The positive person sees the opportunity in every problem."

I'm having pretty good results with losing weight with minimal effort, basically just get yourself a physically demanding job or a job where you are on your feet for most of the day. Do that for a year or so and you will lose the weight with little to no change to dieting. Throw a little exercise in if you can and it will happen that much faster for you. Also drink plenty of water, if you don't like water well find a way to make yourself like it, add flavoring, whatever, just drink it, it really really helps.

What do you guys think of the plan?

Suicidal. Don't try. This kind of quackery reminds me of the laetrile scam.

Best that you have to consult with your doctor on what you should do to cut down on weight without inflicting undue harm on yourself. 

Wait...please don't tell me you where seriously considering this. When I first saw this thread I thought it was just some kind of joke. You shouldn't intentionally give yourself a parasite, that's...insane.

Honestly, any kind of health goals you have should involve getting into shape rather than losing weight; there is a difference. And losing weight by such drastic methods is not healthy at all!

Emily never gain weights.

Due to constant mind link between the 'real' world and infernum.

... Benign Tapeworm should dwell in animal stomach. Emily would suggest to regulary excercise and have hard workout to turn those fat into them powerful muscle.

Look, what is wrong with this diet idea??

Its natural, animals have tapeworms and they are fine!

According to advocates of the diet it is completely benign.  I need something to lose weight, I cannot afford to do it a normal way as I will be unable to do it.

How risky would Liposuction be? has anyone ever undergone it?

It is not very wise to get deliberately in infected with a parasite. There are many other ways that are far more healthier.

As already mentioned cut back any sugar containing drinks (they have a great impact on wight gain) and consume mainly water. You mentioned above you have a addiction to coke which should be caused due to the caffeine. So try to substitute it by coffee or black tea (with out sugar), or even better get rid of the addiction. This may cause you some discomfort over a few days but I think in max. two weeks it should be all over because caffeine is not a strong dependence causing substance.

Try to achieve a balanced diet and most importend cut back any junk food and instant meal. Alo try if it possible to eat lunch but try to abstain meals in evening (what you eat there will be largly transformed into fat).

Alo try to cut back the consume of alcohol, if you drink it frequently, because alcohol it self has a lot of calories.

And beside of these of course any kind of sports, particularly endurance sports (ahh you have no idea how much it pains me to say that :blush: )

Than stick with sugar free substitute for the time beeing and try to get rid of it your next semester break. It is always worthwhile to get rid of an addiction.

And have more trust in your own willpower to lose wight by conventional means.

Lord_dweedle, I can't begin to tell you how stupid that idea is. Tape worms may be natural, but so is HIV and malaria, you don't see people infecting themselves with that, do you?

Anyone who's ever had tapeworms will tell you it is NOT a "benign" experience, your ass WILL itch in the middle of the night, you'll feel the bastards wriggling in and out of your balloon knot, when they die outside and lay eggs they leave a chemical which makes it extra itchy so you scratch and re-infect yourself. On top of that, NO, they DON'T eat 50% of your calories, and I can't even begin to fathom where the fuck you've heard of this. Speak to a physician or a doctor who actually knows about what he's talking about, rather than people who have a vested interest in convincing you.

Just stop and think - sounds too good to be true? Probably is. Have you ever heard any one of these "miracle diets" ever panning out? No, me neither.

From experience, being a little overweight myself, lay off the coke, and do yourself some exercise. Nothing worth having ever comes easy, and if you're trying to justify loosing weight by resorting to such extreme (and unrealistic) measures, you need to re-evaluate what's important to you and what's not. Coffee is my life blood, that doesn't mean that when I'm dieting, I don't take out the milk and sugar. 

Look, what is wrong with this diet idea??

Its natural, animals have tapeworms and they are fine!

According to advocates of the diet it is completely benign.  I need something to lose weight, I cannot afford to do it a normal way as I will be unable to do it.

How risky would Liposuction be? has anyone ever undergone it?

Medical science and a 5 second google search would clear this up.  Here is a quick excerpt from the WebMD site:

In rare cases, tapeworms can lead to serious complications, including blocking the intestine. If pork tapeworm larvae move out of the intestine, they can migrate to other parts of the body and cause damage to the liver, eyes, heart, and brain. These infections can be life-threatening.

So if you don't mind possibly dying or going blind then go for it.

Liposuction isn't risky.  I dated a girl whose mother had it done.  It does hurt like hell however for several weeks.  You will feel like someone kicked the ever loving shit out of you.

Bottom line, the only effective way to loose weight without spending TONS of money or taking health risks is to change what and how much you eat.  Exercise is NOT an effective weight reduction plan as it typically will make you even hungrier.  Not to mention how long you have to work out to burn off what you are eating as well as what is already stored in your cells.  Trying to exercise your way to being thin is why most are still overweight as they end up giving up due to lack of progress.

unfortunately giving up coke is out of the question the withdrawls make me feel like death and im in the middle of a hard semester

Well as long as you do well enough to make enough money to live on when you have to stop working at 40 due to diabetes, gout & blindness...... the coke will probably kill the tapeworms anyway :P

Tapeworm dieting.... No.. 

First.. Dieting in itself is not a good idea... Your body needs to detoxify first....

If you restrict your food intake, your body will think you are starving it and when you finally do eat, it will store energy in fat cells....

Best way is to drink two cups (or more) of ICE cold water before you eat.
Reduce sugars (DONT SUBSTITUTE)... Your body processes and metabolizes sugar the same way...
Try to stay as NATURAL as possible... 

Once you have cleared your system of toxins, then add stretching in the morning and evening to your routine... just a few minutes before you take a shower and after you wake up..

Take a walk... if you cant, do something that makes you sweat... Sex works great and is one of the best cardio-vascular activities you can do...  Swimming is actually still the best...

Losing weight doesn't mean you have to lose your mind...

In addition to what I wrote, vitamins help only if you know what you aren't getting.

Make a list of the foods you eat.   Veggies are important...  Lean meats...
Try to grill as much as possible, stay away from fried foods... Only use them for calories...

Fried foods come into play when you are active... The calories you burn....

Also, before you start ANY change in your health, see your doctor and have your blood checks.. 
I do every year...  Especially now that I have quit smoking.

(Yeah.. I was a health person who smoked.... )   But now I do not and I'm even MORE healthy.   I could run, stay light and thin and maintained a healthy diet... except the smoking.   Without the smoking, I had to be especially careful of food, because I am more hungry.

You don't have to work out or exercise... Just a little more active... slowly and build up...

WIthin a few months, you'll be doing it as habit...