Phasmophobia Mods?

It may be possible, it's hard to say for sure. I do not own a copy of the game so I can't say for sure. If it uses Mono, you can use frameworks like BepInEx to inject you code (and, since Unity supports loading assets during runtime, it'd be possible to load assets into the game).

If it uses IL2cpp, it may not yet be possible to mod it. I don't think there are any frameworks which can modify whatever unity compiles this way.

Also, since it's a multiplayer game, you may need to rewrite netcode. If the game uses dedicated servers instead of p2p, it'd be impossible to modify any non-client scripts. AndĀ it may be using some kind of verification/anti-cheat which may prevent BepInEx or your modifications from working.

Also, I'm not sure if it'd be legal to decompile and modify game's code.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:27 PM, Shakx88 said:

It may be possible, it's hard to say for sure. I do not own a copy of the game so I can't say for sure. If it uses Mono, you can use frameworks like BepInEx to inject you code (and, since Unity supports loading assets during runtime, it'd be possible to load assets into the game).

If it uses IL2cpp, it may not yet be possible to mod it. I don't think there are any frameworks which can modify whatever unity compiles this way.

Also, since it's a multiplayer game, you may need to rewrite netcode. If the game uses dedicated servers instead of p2p, it'd be impossible to modify any non-client scripts. AndĀ it may be using some kind of verification/anti-cheat which may prevent BepInEx or your modifications from working.

Also, I'm not sure if it'd be legal to decompile and modify game's code.

I know its a single dev popular game with plenty of bugs, however I would not know how to find out, any tips to help me find out?

On 11/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, HiddenHand said:

I know its a single dev popular game with plenty of bugs, however I would not know how to find out, any tips to help me find out?

Open Phasmophobia_data (or whatever the data folder is called). IIRC, if it's IL2cpp, it'll have a folder named "IL2cpp" there. That's how you find out if you can use BepInEx.

Since it's a single dev, it's quite likely that there is no anti-cheat or protection (I believe I've seen some cheats for the game which patch it, so that's probably true).

As for whether it runs on a dedicated serer or p2p, you'd either have to ask the dev or (if you can, of course) use a decompilerĀ to look into the game's code.

Then, given that the game is fully modifiable, you'd have to do whatever you want to do. Can't help you much here. Generally, you'd probably find what you're looking for in Unity's doc, BepInEx's docs and decompiled code.

As for whether it'd be legal, I can't tell you. It's not something I'm aware of.