Should i give up on Fallout 4 ?

dxdiag1.jpg

dxdiag2.jpg

I thought to install new SSD as it provides speed, however i found that SSD does not affects Framerate. My current FPS (without any mod) is 10 at most.... 

Is there someway to increase it around atleast 50 FPS ?

Should i change my Motherboard ?

Anyone help....

I am not an expert on PC parts, but I think the MAIN issue is the graphics card. Fallout 4 is by default not that well optimized, and even with performance mods, its still not that great.

"Should you give up on FO4?"
That depends how much you want to play it, and if you can afford a PC that can handle it.

Strange how smooth it is to play New Vegas, besides Skyrim SE (the only other Bethesda game my laptop can handle with a constant 25+ FPS rate), even after installing 280+ mods.

What went wrong with Fallout 4..... Even though Skyrim is supposed to be more content-heavy and includes much, much more story-based roleplay elements as compared to a typical wasteland scenario, where there is almost nothing around for miles (no vivid forests or grasslands). Just some broken establishments, weary npc's, and deranged enemies.

How about Fallout 76 ?

Ok, part of me thinks this might be a trick post, because........  you have graphic card drivers from 2012.  Fallout 4 was published in 2015!

I think you should be happy that FO4 runs at all on your machine.    

A new GPU will solve your issues.   But to get a new GPU, you will likely need a new CPU (based on the numbers, it is a 3rd gen cpu and that series is up to 9th gen (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/core/intel-core-i5-comparison-chart.pdf) , new RAM, new power supply, etc.     That can be expensive, so at a minimum, check to see if your GPU has any new drivers first (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html).  

Oh , check for your country, though.  I am in the US (based on the links I gave you), but you should be able to get to the GPU driver support page.  

8 minutes ago, vilwil said:

Strange how smooth it is to play New Vegas, besides Skyrim SE (the only other Bethesda game my laptop can handle with a constant 25+ FPS rate), even after installing 280+ mods.

What went wrong with Fallout 4..... Even though Skyrim is supposed to be more content-heavy and includes much, much more story-based roleplay elements as compared to a typical wasteland scenario, where there is almost nothing around for miles (no vivid forests or grasslands). Just some broken establishments, weary npc's, and deranged enemies.

How about Fallout 76 ?

Sure, the game mechanic engines are the same for SSE and FO4, but there are enhancements in FO4 that are not in SSE.  For example, sprites are notoriously hard on processors and optimizing them is actually a solid job to have (that will be automated shortly by computer AI).   FO4 has many more of these small graphic enhancements that are just not present in SSE.    

4 hours ago, vilwil said:

dxdiag1.jpg

dxdiag2.jpg

I thought to install new SSD as it provides speed, however i found that SSD does not affects Framerate. My current FPS (without any mod) is 10 at most.... 

Is there someway to increase it around atleast 50 FPS ?

Should i change my Motherboard ?

Anyone help....

The only thing you need is videocard

Because now your intel processor provides video

You dont need another motherboad or more ram

1)check if maybe you actually have videocard and you just forget to install videodrivers for it

2)if you dont have videocard you can go to service center and ask if videocard can be added to you laptop, if it worth it.

a)There is another way - buy videocard for desktop computer, for example you dont have money or dont wanna buy whole pc with all parts, here is solution, but it is rather for experinced users, dont think you will choose it:

b)if you dont wanna desktop and still want play games you can buy new laptop but make sure it have good videocard and processor in it, because it required for gaming.

23 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Ok, part of me thinks this might be a trick post, because........  you have graphic card drivers from 2012.  Fallout 4 was published in 2015!

I think you should be happy that FO4 runs at all on your machine.    

When was Skyrim SE released ? o_O

Certainly i am thankful Bethesda did not ruined SSE and New Vegas with their antics.

23 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

there are enhancements in FO4 that are not in SSE.  For example, sprites are notoriously hard on processors and optimizing them is actually a solid job to have (that will be automated shortly by computer AI).   FO4 has many more of these small graphic enhancements that are just not present in SSE.    

Ah sprites.... the very first thing that comes to my mind looking at this word are those pixel images of those oldskool Zelda/Mario games of 90's. A mystery how far gaming has evolved. Still, of all places, why exactly Bethesda tried to beautify a Wasteland....

In my opinion, all wasteland-centered games should be most performance-friendly of all, as there's practically nothing for them to show other than huge deserted areas, few ruins and occasional monsters. That's the gist of almost all similar games - grab a weapon, kill enemies, fill objectives. It is almost the same pattern in so many relevant games. 

Hope there be a improved version of FO4 in near future as we have in Skyrim (SE). 

22 hours ago, Indarello said:

The only thing you need is videocard

Because now your intel processor provides video

You dont need another motherboad or more ram

1)check if maybe you actually have videocard and you just forget to install videodrivers for it

device-manager.jpg

I have switchable graphics. I believe so far my Laptop has only used Intel 4000 for game display.

22 hours ago, Indarello said:

b)if you dont wanna desktop and still want play games you can buy new laptop but make sure it have good videocard and processor in it, because it required for gaming.

Yes. After the end of current Pandemic, i will try to contact Lenovo Service center. Almost all computer shops are temporarily closed at present so i would like to gain more knowledge about gaming on laptop computers for now. I believe this is a good opportunity for me to learn more about computers.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, vilwil said:

device-manager.jpg

I have switchable graphics. I believe so far my Laptop has only used Intel 4000 for game display.

Yes. After the end of current Pandemic, i will try to contact Lenovo Service center. Almost all computer shops are temporarily closed at present so i would like to gain more knowledge about gaming on laptop computers for now. I believe this is a good opportunity for me to learn more about computers.

Thank you very much.

any videocard will be better then intel hd.

Install amd drivers for videocard from amd website

fps with HD8570m probably will suit you, no need to contact Service center

• 2 weeks later...