5 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Bodymorphs are stored in your save as far as I know so they don't "fall off" unless there's something else undoing them. If it was in a SexLab scene I'd take a guess it could be an inflation mod. Probably stored the default body earlier and used that to calculate its changes. Should be fine if you unregister the NPC from it and reapply the preset so it's the new default.

Thanks for the reply, but it turns out I'm just an idiot. I reinstalled 3BA and had forgotten to rebuild my bodyslide. Don't mod while you're baked af, kids.

Super helpful tip for multiple custom races.

1. Load your regular game.

2. Save your current character as a preset so you can come back to it.

3. `showracemenu command and just select a custom race (gender doesnt matter) hit done

4. Open up ncm to lazy followers and hit races make sure your new race is in there, this is required

5. Repeat 4 and 5 until you have all your custom races in the list.

6. In racemenu select your original race and preset and return your your character.

You can now have followers from all of those races in that specific save game.

To make a custom follower appearance I would suggest dong it from a new game start so they are not affected by any body altering mods from SL lab can ruin your preset.

Make your follower exit racemenu and console command skee preset-save (Char name here ) press enter

This saves the appearance in its entirety and you can now add it as a follower in any of your games

Another tip save the default starting appearance on a default race as a preset so you can quickly go back to a blank slate with no feature morphs going from one preset to another.

Enjoy!

For those testing out the headmesh option in the testbuild - the following script will export that, the tint and preset with the all the files having the same name as the player.  Once that is done you can try loading it onto the NPC after making whatever changes you want to do to the nif.

To use, drop in your scripts folder, open console, click your character and type "aps exporthead". Do not continue playing in the game after doing so since this method attaches the script to the actor permanently.

exportHead.pex

It's interesting that the creation kit webpage says adding shouts corrupts save game files, my mod which revamps most unique npc's, adds to Potema a plethora of shouts, which have not if ever made my save games corrupted/unloadable.

Thanks for the update, perhaps I won't be needing racemenupresetloader anymore to apply the cbbe morphs/tattoos

Well it's only when adding shouts in game through papyrus or console the bug seems to occur. Anything added by an esp should work fine. 
The system to manage shouts the same way as spells is already in the mod, just disabled, so if you want to play around with it feel free. It's pretty fun to watch your follower run around fus ro dah'ing things and cause chaos ?

There's also the Spell Perk Item Distributor mod. I haven't tested it but might be possible to add shouts to the followers using that without savegame corruption.

I'll also copy-paste the reply I wrote about the latest test version on Nexus to anyone having appearance bugs first loading the game:

"Try fast traveling or simply enter one or a couple of cells without the NPC. Their appearance, name and other data is reapplied whenever they're reloaded by the game. As long as whatever causes the problem only does it once things should sort themselves out.

I had a test NPC with preset body tattoo applied show the face texture issue after loading my save. Fixed itself after fast traveling home. 
The other test NPC parked there with full body + face tattoos from EFF Cosmetic Menu loaded in fine immedietly. I suspect things are extra finicky when the game is loaded and there's a lot going on."

Try fast traveling or simply enter one or a couple of cells without the NPC. Their appearance, name and other data is reapplied whenever they're reloaded by the game. As long as whatever causes the problem only does it once things should sort themselves out.

I had a test NPC with preset body tattoo applied show the face texture issue after loading my save. Fixed itself after fast traveling home. 
The other test NPC parked there with full body + face tattoos from EFF Cosmetic Menu loaded in fine immedietly. I suspect things are extra finicky when the game is loaded and there's a lot going on.

Hey, so I'm the guy who gave feedback about the overlays and whatnot over on the Nexus page. Since you asked so nicely, I'll go ahead and write my new findings on here rather than in the Nexus posts section. So I did a few hours' worth of enabling/disabling mods, saving/loading several instances, and doing all kinds of troubleshooting to try and get a better understanding of what's happening in my game.

I was thinking for a while that there must've been something wrong with my modlist, so I took steps to disable practically everything that wasn't essential for LazyFollowers or my test follower presets to work. Once I was down to the bare minimums, I started testing. I started a new game, loaded all of the followers in with LazyFollowers, and they all were spawned with their overlays applied already, which is great. I exited and re-entered the cell, and they all were the same, they didn't lose their overlays or anything. I go ahead and save/reload the game, but now all of my followers have texture errors (purple/pink texture bug) for the overlay groups that they had overlays in (e.g. a follower with an overlay of each type turned purple entirely, while a follower who just had a body overlay didn't have their hands/feet/head turn purple). However, I noticed that the issue was also affecting the player character as well, with the addition of the head being reset to the default morph.

I hopped into the LazyFollowers MCM menu and decided to use the 'Apply to All' function, and once I got out of the menu, I saw that all of my followers no longer had the texture error, but instead didn't have any overlays on them. At that point I followed what you suggested, exiting and re-entering the cell, and the overlays were back! I exited and re-entered the cell multiple times to make sure it was consistent, and from what I can tell, it seems to be working fine in that regard. The issue now is with saving/loading games. The texture errors that I get are consistent this time around, as opposed to some followers having errors and others not.

What confuses me the most is why the player character is also affected. The NPC/player texture errors are always synced up perfectly, meaning I won't have one without the other, so they could possibly be related somehow. Because I'm beginning to run out of options, do you think there's any setting in skee64.ini or perhaps a buggy version of Racemenu that could be causing an issue like this? I reverted to the default .ini included with Racemenu v0.4.16, so if you're not experiencing the same issue that I am, perhaps there's a buggy version of a related mod that's causing the issue? I've checked to see that I'm up to date with all of the mods I tested with, so I'm just not sure at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 7:02 AM, freenutsxd said:

Hey, so I'm the guy who gave feedback about the overlays and whatnot over on the Nexus page. Since you asked so nicely, I'll go ahead and write my new findings on here rather than in the Nexus posts section. So I did a few hours' worth of enabling/disabling mods, saving/loading several instances, and doing all kinds of troubleshooting to try and get a better understanding of what's happening in my game.

I was thinking for a while that there must've been something wrong with my modlist, so I took steps to disable practically everything that wasn't essential for LazyFollowers or my test follower presets to work. Once I was down to the bare minimums, I started testing. I started a new game, loaded all of the followers in with LazyFollowers, and they all were spawned with their overlays applied already, which is great. I exited and re-entered the cell, and they all were the same, they didn't lose their overlays or anything. I go ahead and save/reload the game, but now all of my followers have texture errors (purple/pink texture bug) for the overlay groups that they had overlays in (e.g. a follower with an overlay of each type turned purple entirely, while a follower who just had a body overlay didn't have their hands/feet/head turn purple). However, I noticed that the issue was also affecting the player character as well, with the addition of the head being reset to the default morph.

I hopped into the LazyFollowers MCM menu and decided to use the 'Apply to All' function, and once I got out of the menu, I saw that all of my followers no longer had the texture error, but instead didn't have any overlays on them. At that point I followed what you suggested, exiting and re-entering the cell, and the overlays were back! I exited and re-entered the cell multiple times to make sure it was consistent, and from what I can tell, it seems to be working fine in that regard. The issue now is with saving/loading games. The texture errors that I get are consistent this time around, as opposed to some followers having errors and others not.

What confuses me the most is why the player character is also affected. The NPC/player texture errors are always synced up perfectly, meaning I won't have one without the other, so they could possibly be related somehow. Because I'm beginning to run out of options, do you think there's any setting in skee64.ini or perhaps a buggy version of Racemenu that could be causing an issue like this? I reverted to the default .ini included with Racemenu v0.4.16, so if you're not experiencing the same issue that I am, perhaps there's a buggy version of a related mod that's causing the issue? I've checked to see that I'm up to date with all of the mods I tested with, so I'm just not sure at this point.

Unfortunately textures missing, even on the player, is a known issue all the way back from Oldrim and Familiar Faces. Not many players get it and when they do it's seemingly random how widespread it is.

I've added a new menu that makes it possible to switch between the different modes applying appearance data as well as the option to delay it to allow other mods to do their work first. 
For the modes, the previous version used 15 for the full application and 9 for the lite variant in case anyone wants to switch back.

I doubt this will do much difference though, haven't had the issues myself so can't even test if it works. If changing the flags doesn't help there isn't much else to do since that's all this mod can change when it comes to how RaceMenu applies the appearances.

18 hours ago, nononysss said:

How many followers does this support? What is the compatibility with other mod packs which extend the follower count?

40, 20 male + 20 female. The mod doesn't make any changes to standard game data, follower system included, so if you want to have more than one you can use any of the availible follower frameworks for that.

51 minutes ago, nononysss said:

And then one more question, I can't seem to find the spot to pick a racemenu preset. I've already created a few, what tab and option is that under?

Specifically this step in the instructions:

2 - Open the LazyFollowers MCM menu and select a template NPC

That's probably my fault! Forgot to add PapyrusUtil SE as a requirement, without it the preset list will be empty. You might also want to check out NexusMods page for a more detailed guide.

If anyone sets up a follower with the new custom animations + head, body and textures options successfully let me know. It goes a bit outside the purpose of this mod to do everything in game so I'll probably scrap it if it's too much work to get going.

4 hours ago, nononysss said:

How do I select / create a new follower? I keep overwriting the first one I make.

Also, thank you for linking that plug in! Everything works up until this point now! 

Just click their name and pick another one? Everything with the little down arrow next to it is a dropdown menu

In which menu? The "NPCS" menu only has one character. If I change the "Preset", I change the current and only created character. I am assuming the window titled "NPCS" is the menu you meant, how do I create another character for here?

Edit: Actually, it's starting to look like a bug. I think there's supposed to be a lot more than one slots available in the NPCS drop down?

3 hours ago, nononysss said:

In which menu? The "NPCS" menu only has one character. If I change the "Preset", I change the current and only created character. I am assuming the window titled "NPCS" is the menu you meant, how do I create another character for here?

Edit: Actually, it's starting to look like a bug. I think there's supposed to be a lot more than one slots available in the NPCS drop down?

Yes all the NPCs should show up there. If you continued playing instead of doing a fresh install it's probably PapyrusUtil missing messing up the initial setup. You can try restarting the menu and see if that fixes it. It's the same steps as in the update description:

Run console command "stopquest _LazyFollowersMCM"

Run console command  "startquest _LazyFollowersMCM"

Wait for MCM to notify of new menu installation

21 hours ago, nononysss said:

Its not too hard. Check this video: 

This mod is a life savior!! 

On 11/1/2020 at 10:40 PM, LazyGirl said:

1 - The core functionality is handled entire by RaceMenu through a CharGen method including parsing the preset-files so there isn't anything I can do there unfortunately. There's some interesting information in this screenshot fromthe NPC Appearance Changer page if you haven't seen it already, see screenshot below. What you could try for the blue tint is the "skee reload tints" command and see if that helps.

2 - I took a look at it but decided against adding it after reading warning about problems and savegame corruption on the wiki. I could add it as an extra dropdown menu like the spellist though so people can try it for themselves.

No, to add custom races to the lists they would have to be added as dependencies to the mod in its current form. 

To add your own race or voice right now you have to add it to the corresponding FormList, _LazyFollowersRaces_LazyFollowersFemaleVoices or _LazyFollowersFemaleVoices. Then also add the menu label/text for it in String arrays RacesListFVoicesList or MVoicesList attached to the _LazyFollowersMCMScript at the same position. E.g, you add your custom race at position 12 in the formlist = index 12 in the string array must be the name of your custom race for everything to match up. So basically, it's just two quick edits to accomplish this. That was the plan anyway, I don't use any custom races or voices so I haven't tested it.

I wrote the mod with some flexibility in mind with the goal of moving all the race, voice, spell, shout etc data to a configuration file. That way users can add their own without having to make edits to the esp. Again, if I get around to adding read/write json support.
Besides the Familiar Faces port there are at least two other mods that does similar things so I want to avoid spending time adding something someone else is already working on. 

If there are any more suggestsions on what to add feel free to chime in. I'm working on a small update to fix the some menu inputs not showing the current value as default plus an attackDamageMult slider so you can make your followers do more or less damage to balance out bigger parties.

Info.jpg

I know these can sounds like a pain in the ass but... can you make a tutorial? it's too much? for example using this voice resource? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20988

If is too much I get it! no problem! I'm sorry if I'm disrespectful

On 11/14/2020 at 3:37 AM, LazyGirl said:

Short version - it's another mod messing up the name

Longer version - It's possible to rename a NPC (or anything really) by putting them into an alias with a set name attached. This uses the same method as the script version in this mod. Problem arises if a mod uses an alias with this active but forgets to set a name effectively deleting it entirely. Without that the game won't allow you to interact with the NPC for whatever reason.

Only mod I've found that occasionally causes this is My Home is Your Home. Not sure if it's present in all versions, there are several conversion as well as "extended" variants with support for more NPCs.

Always the AFT.

22 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Yes all the NPCs should show up there. If you continued playing instead of doing a fresh install it's probably PapyrusUtil missing messing up the initial setup. You can try restarting the menu and see if that fixes it. It's the same steps as in the update description:

Run console command "stopquest _LazyFollowersMCM"

Run console command  "startquest _LazyFollowersMCM"

Wait for MCM to notify of new menu installation

Thank you! That worked!

Hi @LazyGirl, I found an issue with this mod and RaceMenu's sculpting window. If you have both RaceMenu and LazyFollowers installed, the sculpting window in Sculpt tab will display like in this image below:

1672449571_sculptwindow.png.7330bff3f2289e2b08be1c69e371d99c.png

I'm using the latest version of RaceMenu (v4-16 as of writing) if you need the information.

11 hours ago, urbon said:

I know these can sounds like a pain in the ass but... can you make a tutorial? it's too much? for example using this voice resource? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20988

If is too much I get it! no problem! I'm sorry if I'm disrespectful

Adding one or two voices is easy to do in game but if you want to add a whole bunch it's best to do it manually

First open up the LazyFollowers menu and save config->disk if you haven't already. Then quit out

Now install that mod and activate it

Open it up in SSEEdit
In the list of contents for that mod click "Voice Type"

All voices should be listed there, make note of the name of the voice and the numbers left of it, don't need to remember it just keep it in mind.

Open up the "LazyFollowersConfig.json" located in folder "SKSE\Plugins\LazyFollowers" (make a copy of it first if you mess something up)

Scroll down to the Female and Male voices entires and note how they're set up. You need to do the same.

For example, if it's a female voice you first add the VOICETYPE FORMID under "FemaleVoice", copy the highest index number and paste it directly under. Increment the number so it's unique. Then change the Skyrim.esm or whatever mod is listed there to the mod name with the custom voices. For the numbers take them from SSEdit you opened earlier. Remember to trim the first two numbers and leading zeros.. E.g the FormId is "02001DC2" -> you write 0x1DC2

Next you need to add the name of the voicetype. You do the same thing but under FemaleVoiceName, making sure the entries match. E.g if the VOICETYPE FORMID got index 19 you need to add the name at index 19 so they match up.

Once you've done that for all voices fire up your game again and load config from disk. The custom voices should be there now and be available for all NPC. I suggest just adding one or two first and check everything works.

Hope it's reasonably clear, it sounds way more complicated than it is. It's basically just a copy-paste job with some minor edits.

10 hours ago, Sinrelm said:

Always the AFT.

Hmm the new version adds a secondary way to rename that should work better with other mods. At least for me the names show up correctly everywhere including MCM menus now.

15 minutes ago, tridbee said:

Hi @LazyGirl, I found an issue with this mod and RaceMenu's sculpting window. If you have both RaceMenu and LazyFollowers installed, the sculpting window in Sculpt tab will display like in this image below:

1672449571_sculptwindow.png.7330bff3f2289e2b08be1c69e371d99c.png

I'm using the latest version of RaceMenu (v4-16 as of writing) if you need the information.

Did you use the debug mode to change the flags? This mod doesn't touch RaceMenu itself so selecting bad flags to apply presets is the only way I can imagine something messing up.
Do the qasmoke teleport from main menu (see description) into a new game and see if the problem persists. If it does disable LazyFollowers and try again.

3 minutes ago, LazyGirl said:

Did you use the debug mode to change the flags? This mod doesn't touch RaceMenu itself so selecting bad flags to apply presets is the only way I can imagine something messing up.
Do the qasmoke teleport from main menu (see description) into a new game and see if the problem persists. If it does disable LazyFollowers and try again.

I tried both starting new game and qasmoke teleporting doesn't fix this issue. Only disabling LazyFollower will it return to normal.

3 hours ago, tridbee said:

I tried both starting new game and qasmoke teleporting doesn't fix this issue. Only disabling LazyFollower will it return to normal.

Well the good news is that I found the same problem, seems to be related to the MCM script. The bad news is that I have no idea why.

A mod menu just getting registered in the MCM shouldn't interfere with a SKSE plugin, even more strange - just a very specific part of it. For now make your presets in a new game with the mod disabled if you need sculpting.