On 2/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, LazyGirl said:

Export it in RaceMenu. Then make sure it's located in "data/meshes/CharGen/Exported/"" with the same name as the preset but with the .nif extension. E.g preset name "Something" -> "Something.nif". The headmesh box will be checked in the MCM if it's detected. I don't use this feature myself so can't say if it helps or how well though.

I did as you said, I exported the head, then made sure the something.nif was in Chargen/Exported, it was. I then relaunched skyrim and went into my save however after putting in all my settings the box still wasn't checked. (I made sure that the .nif was named the same as the .jslot preset fyi) This is getting weird.. and making me kinda Sadge :(

4 hours ago, BK201_ said:

I did as you said, I exported the head, then made sure the something.nif was in Chargen/Exported, it was. I then relaunched skyrim and went into my save however after putting in all my settings the box still wasn't checked. (I made sure that the .nif was named the same as the .jslot preset fyi) This is getting weird.. and making me kinda Sadge :(

I uploaded a new version that changed the headmesh folder to something that should be easier to use - SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported. Same as the NPC presets.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, LazyGirl said:

I uploaded a new version that changed the headmesh folder to something that should be easier to use - SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported. Same as the NPC presets.

That is certainly a quality of life improvement, I feel sorry if you did the extra work because I was too stupid lol. 

So, the good news... The check box for the NIF is working for me, spawning in the same High Poly Head NPC that had the tats and KS hairdos, asking the NPC to follow me, saving the game, then reloading that save game.. the CTDs has stopped, I reloaded the save multiple times but still no CTD, to be extra sure, I tried putting HDT-SMP clothing and hair on the NPC, saving & reloading, and there still isn't a CTD after loading... I think it's safe to assume the issue has been resolved, but i'll do another long playthrough and see if it happens again. Thank you, truly.

Bad news: Only 1 small problem has arisen with this, but this one might be on my end, idk maybe i'm being impatient and need to wait longer. The hair for the Lazy NPC doesn't load in, or maybe it does but reverts instantly or something, but when the NPC spawns in it has the default hair color, Blond (the color of hair for the preset I applied onto the Lazy NPC is black). Other than that the mod is working smoothly once again. I hope I don't CTD into a long playthrough again.

https://imgur.com/a/cfoem5U 

Also meant to share this way earlier before the CTDs began, if anyone is curious about the NPC that I summoned using Lazy Followers: https://imgur.com/a/H428Gsm

Ah, I figured out the problem with the blond hair every time I summon my NPC, it only happens when the HeadNif box is checked. My guess is the hair color isn't saved for whatever reason when you export the head mesh in racemenu. This isn't really a problem for people who want to summon a Lazy follower that doesn't have high poly head, as you'll never need the HeadNif box checked if your follower preset uses the vanilla head mesh.

The only way right now to get the hair color that you want for your High Poly Head Lazy follower is to delete the .NIF in CharGen/Exported so that the HeadNif box isn't automatically checked when you select your NPCs High Poly Head preset. But if you do that you'll get the consistent CTD on save load that I had.

3 hours ago, BK201_ said:

Ah, I figured out the problem with the blond hair every time I summon my NPC, it only happens when the HeadNif box is checked. My guess is the hair color isn't saved for whatever reason when you export the head mesh in racemenu. This isn't really a problem for people who want to summon a Lazy follower that doesn't have high poly head, as you'll never need the HeadNif box checked if your follower preset uses the vanilla head mesh.

The only way right now to get the hair color that you want for your High Poly Head Lazy follower is to delete the .NIF in CharGen/Exported so that the HeadNif box isn't automatically checked when you select your NPCs High Poly Head preset. But if you do that you'll get the consistent CTD on save load that I had.

Try replacing your _LazyFollowersActorScript with this version. Use "reloadscript _LazyFollowersActorScript" in console and then reload the save for the changes to be detected. Do NOT save the game first after using the reloadscript command. It attempts a fix from Sync Wig Hair Color after the headmesh has been applied.

I'm not certain this can be fixed, at least by me. It's pretty deep into the inner workings of RaceMenu. Plus the recommended procedure for vanilla->HPH NPCs is to make the "transfer" in the CK. I'm surprised it worked so well with nothing more than a haircolor mismatch to be honest.

_LazyFollowersActorScript.pex

9 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Try replacing your _LazyFollowersActorScript with this version. Use "reloadscript _LazyFollowersActorScript" in console and then reload the save for the changes to be detected. Do NOT save the game first after using the reloadscript command. It attempts a fix from Sync Wig Hair Color after the headmesh has been applied.

I'm not certain this can be fixed, at least by me. It's pretty deep into the inner workings of RaceMenu. Plus the recommended procedure for vanilla->HPH NPCs is to make the "transfer" in the CK. I'm surprised it worked so well with nothing more than a haircolor mismatch to be honest.

_LazyFollowersActorScript.pex 13.67 kB · 1 download

So I replaced the actorscript with the one you provided and followed your steps to the T but it didn't fix the hair color mismatch, I also read up on CK and headmeshes before my initial post so I kind of figured that all hope was lost lol

13 hours ago, BK201_ said:

So I replaced the actorscript with the one you provided and followed your steps to the T but it didn't fix the hair color mismatch, I also read up on CK and headmeshes before my initial post so I kind of figured that all hope was lost lol

Try this instead. By applying the preset twice, first with a version that correctly applies the haircolor but doesn't support headmeshes and second with the one that applies the headmesh but without haircolor it seems to yield a successful combined result.

Only tested for five minutes saving, loading and restarting the game but didn't have any CTD issues. The picture is from a nexus preset I just downloaded, player + follower in high poly glory

_LazyFollowersActorScript.pex

MyVeryOwnClone.jpg

On 3/1/2021 at 8:21 AM, LazyGirl said:

Try this instead. By applying the preset twice, first with a version that correctly applies the haircolor but doesn't support headmeshes and second with the one that applies the headmesh but without haircolor it seems to yield a successful combined result.

Only tested for five minutes saving, loading and restarting the game but didn't have any CTD issues. The picture is from a nexus preset I just downloaded, player + follower in high poly glory

_LazyFollowersActorScript.pex 13.77 kB · 2 downloads

LazyGirl coming in clutch ? I tried doing the same thing and it... didn't work? Firstly, I applied the version of the preset that has the correct hair color, which is the preset that doesn't have the headmesh exported, I then applied the second version of the preset, which has the exported headmesh but has the hair color mismatch. I then summoned the Lazy NPC to me and the result was... the NPC having the hair color mismatch... I feel like I'm being pretty dumb right now lmao.

4 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Hi, trying to get it to work on LE. Newest patch is ancient. Racemenu is ancient. Getting the "skee" error. Can anyone help?

I believe the SKEE command is part of the SKSE64.dll included in RaceMenu SE. It doesn't exist for LE. I'm not sure what, or if, there's any equivalent to save presets from console there. Maybe someone who's on LE can chime in how they do it.

1 hour ago, BK201_ said:

LazyGirl coming in clutch ? I tried doing the same thing and it... didn't work? Firstly, I applied the version of the preset that has the correct hair color, which is the preset that doesn't have the headmesh exported, I then applied the second version of the preset, which has the exported headmesh but has the hair color mismatch. I then summoned the Lazy NPC to me and the result was... the NPC having the hair color mismatch... I feel like I'm being pretty dumb right now lmao.

The updated script/hack uses a third function not availible from the MCM for the combo so it's not possible to perform manually. Can't guarantee it'll work for everyone, too many factors involved, but it's interesting to see it can.
As an experiment I tried loading the game with HPH disabled and even that didn't cause any immediate problems, the follower seemed to have reverted to the standard head and looked pretty much the same. Just a bit more pointier.

6 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

I believe the SKEE command is part of the SKSE64.dll included in RaceMenu SE. It doesn't exist for LE. I'm not sure what, or if, there's any equivalent to save presets from console there. Maybe someone who's on LE can chime in how they do it.

Now, I have lots of presets I made already.... can they be used somehow?

6 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Now, I have lots of presets I made already.... can they be used somehow?

The "skee preset-save" command does two things, first makes a copy of the preset file in "SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported". Second it creates a tintfile with the same name but dds extension in  "Textures\CharGen\Exported". While you can copy the presets yourself that tintfile needs to be generated, it's what contains the face color and makeup. Without it the NPC will look horrible.

I don't have LE installed and haven't used it in years but if RaceMenu works the same there you might be able to copy the preset manually to the "Exported" folder and then export the head to it as well. Besides creating the nif it also puts the dds tintfile there. This will set the mod in headmesh mode (see above discussion).
If that doesn't work delete the nif and move the dds to the separate texture path instead, putting the mod in normal non-headmesh mode.
This is all assuming Racemenu LE uses the same folders and has the same functions as SE. Reading the CharGen Export page it might use"SKSE\Plugins\CharGen" for both the dds and nif instead.

Again, this is all guesswork so you have to experiment if no LE user can give you a hand.

TLDR: Create "SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported", copy your preset to it and export the head from RaceMenu there too. If that doesn't work delete the nif and move the dds file to "Textures\CharGen\Exported". 

Hm..... I was testing some more and I found something pretty weird, at least I think I did. I summoned my HPH Lazy Follower with the hair mismatch, asked her to follow me, saved the game, reloaded, I went back into the Lazy Follower MCM and applied the preset that doesn't support the headmesh, thus getting my original hair color back, saved and reloaded and there was no CTD.. however, telling my follower to part ways with me, saving and then reloading, I get the consistent CTD on save reload.

Pretty weird stuff, we already had a discussion on this so you don't have to pay any attention to this, I just felt like sharing.

Lazy, you're incredible. This mod has single-handedly changed the way I play Skyrim. Thank ye.

I have one question: is there any possible way to increase the number of standalone female follower slots affected by your "LazyFollowersCustomBody" mod? Ideally, I'd like the option of giving every follower I create with your mod their own unique, custom  textures. I have no idea if this is feasible.

Whatever the case, thanks for the amazing mod.

8 hours ago, Vrailis said:

Lazy, you're incredible. This mod has single-handedly changed the way I play Skyrim. Thank ye.

I have one question: is there any possible way to increase the number of standalone female follower slots affected by your "LazyFollowersCustomBody" mod? Ideally, I'd like the option of giving every follower I create with your mod their own unique, custom  textures. I have no idea if this is feasible.

Whatever the case, thanks for the amazing mod.

Yes, I haven't found a way to do it automatically though so that's why the addon only has it for two. It's not possible to just copy-paste since they need to be tweaked individually so it takes maybe five minutes each or six plus hours for all 80.

Could probably be done in less than a minute in SSEEdit for someone familiar with Delphi/Pascal scripting though. There's also the Bethesda Toolkit that can convert between esp+esm<-->xml so it can be edited in pretty much any code editor, making it possible to use whatever tools it comes with to do the job quicker.

So there's a bug with Bakafactory's Sexlab Approach, which is very similar to 

Name vanishing/can't interact with NPC - I've had reports My Home is Your Home (unknown which version) and Extensible Follower Framework clearing out the name override effectively setting the NPCs name to nothing. This unfortunately also makes it impossible to interact with them. Re-apply their names from the menu or restart the game to have the mod do it automatically. If it keeps happening I've  had reports Nether's Follower Framework work. Should be fixed as of 0.31.0

The only workaround I found was applying settings to the NPC during the approach before they initiate dialogue

EDIT: applying settings to the NPC after they finish the dialogue works as well

On 3/12/2021 at 1:46 AM, jack123 said:

So there's a bug with Bakafactory's Sexlab Approach, which is very similar to 

The only workaround I found was applying settings to the NPC during the approach before they initiate dialogue

EDIT: applying settings to the NPC after they finish the dialogue works as well

Right. After some more testing, it's clear that it doesn't play well with Sexlab Approach, have to reset the mod after every interaction

19 hours ago, jack123 said:

Right. After some more testing, it's clear that it doesn't play well with Sexlab Approach, have to reset the mod after every interaction

The mod uses basic functions SetDisplayName as well as SetName as an extra measure to set the name. Nothing fancy. If other mods use functions that doesn't take standard renaming methods into account there isn't much I can do it on my end unfortunately.

This isn't criticism, that players suddenly could make their own followers entirely in game with custom appearance, name and the whole package isn't something anyone could be expected to predict and add support for. Might not even be possible to fix entirely, a lot of problems stem directly from game engine limitations and quirky behavior.

On 3/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, LazyGirl said:

The mod uses basic functions SetDisplayName as well as SetName as an extra measure to set the name. Nothing fancy. If other mods use functions that doesn't take standard renaming methods into account there isn't much I can do it on my end unfortunately.

This isn't criticism, that players suddenly could make their own followers entirely in game with custom appearance, name and the whole package isn't something anyone could be expected to predict and add support for. Might not even be possible to fix entirely, a lot of problems stem directly from game engine limitations and quirky behavior.

Oh, my post was not a complaint.

This is more of a "I had a problem and looked around and couldn't find anything about it, and I'm posting my findings for anyone else who had it as well" kind of situation.

I'm still using the mod and I wasn't expecting a tailored patch for my specific issue. It's just a PSA basically. I can only imagine how hard it is to get this to work within it's own framework. 

Besides, saving and loading seems to fix everything when It happens.

Hey @LazyGirl

Im encountering a ctd any time I trigger a sexlab animation with my follower. Other npcs are fine, i dont ctd with them, just the follower. Some animations (solo or coupled) seem to be ok but others ctd as soon as they would load (these animations have been with other npcs). Im suspicious of this being some kind of head nif thing but Im totally out of my element and am unsure. Any advice/support you could provide would ve incredibly helpful. Its not a custom race but I do use Yiffy Age so a lot of meshes/textures have changed.

Huh, I may have just found something pretty bizarre. I was trying to summon multiple Lazy NPCs however what I found is that if you summon a Lazy NPC that already has the same voice as another lazy follower, the hair color will match with the other NPCs hair color if they have the same voice. 

For example, I have a follower that uses Young Eager* voice in the MCM, she has black hair, I then use the same voice on another lazy NPC that has grey hair, summon that second NPC, she spawns with her original hair color however after reloading a save or entering a different cell, the second NPC that I spawned, her hair will change to the same color as the black haired lazy NPC.

Testing more, my PC uses what I believe is the Condescending* voice. So what I did was instead of using the Young Eager* voice on my second Lazy NPC, I use the Condescending* voice in the MCM for that second NPC, I succeeded at stopping my first Lazy Follower from getting her hair changed from black to grey however this time it was MY PC's hair that was changed to Grey (Originally black). So I think using the same voice on different Lazy NPCs will match all of their hair color to the same one who was first summoned with that type of voice. 

I saw on the Nexus that you considered this mod complete and finished so it's fine if you don't wanna work on this anymore, figured I would just share anyway.