On 4/1/2022 at 8:10 PM, zhein said:

I followed the guide step by step, but I can't edit the features in Stats category. What am I wrong? Can anyone help me? I use the last version (0.42.0) and Skyrim SE v1.5.97. 

Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notification for whatever reason. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself so I suspect there's another mod interfering for those with this issue. Are you using any follower framework? If so - which one? Those can manage stats on their own which might override any changes made.

If not enable papyrus logging if you haven't already and see if any errors are popping up there. 

I'm trying to set up the NPC in the "main" menu and I don't see the preset I created. When I select "NordFemalePreset01" it snaps back and forth between something I can't read fast enough and the "NordFemalePreset01". The console pops up saying I'm missing a mod, "Follower Goes on a Trip" but I don't see this in the requirements. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or do I actually need this "FGoaT" mod?

5 hours ago, dragongodmod117 said:

I'm trying to set up the NPC in the "main" menu and I don't see the preset I created. When I select "NordFemalePreset01" it snaps back and forth between something I can't read fast enough and the "NordFemalePreset01". The console pops up saying I'm missing a mod, "Follower Goes on a Trip" but I don't see this in the requirements. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or do I actually need this "FGoaT" mod?

No that mod is just optional. It sounds like one of the required mods are missing or broken. The list of presets is created by a function in PapyrusUtil so I'd start looking there - making sure it's installed, activated, loaded successfully (check skse64.log located in "Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE" for Windows users) and doesn't have any of its files overwritten by other mods. Campfire for example comes bundled with an old version of PapyrusUtil that'll break things if it overwrites.

Failing that I recommend enabling papyrus logging and look in the resulting log what happens when you navigate the mod menu. This is a script based mod so if anything isn't working it'll likely get mentioned there.

On 6/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, LazyGirl said:

No that mod is just optional. It sounds like one of the required mods are missing or broken. The list of presets is created by a function in PapyrusUtil so I'd start looking there - making sure it's installed, activated, loaded successfully (check skse64.log located in "Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE" for Windows users) and doesn't have any of its files overwritten by other mods. Campfire for example comes bundled with an old version of PapyrusUtil that'll break things if it overwrites.

Failing that I recommend enabling papyrus logging and look in the resulting log what happens when you navigate the mod menu. This is a script based mod so if anything isn't working it'll likely get mentioned there.

Now this is nice. Thanks to your help I was able to get it to work. My papyrusUtil was updated, I was just being stupid. Lol

Another question though, I have a preset made to load a "Dint 999" hairstyle but it doesn't load with the rest of the character. Any ideas or is there a way to edit an NPC with the "showracemenu" command?

(EDIT: Hair mod in question: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/98438)

EDIT 2: I figured it out. The mod creator didn't add the races to the "playable on" list in the Creation Kit.

Edited by dragongodmod117

Hi. I've just gotten back into Skyrim recently and a mod like this is exactly something I was looking for. Only problem I have right now is when I go to select a combat style, I only have 4 options being: Spellsword, Magic Archer, 1H tank, and Caster. The rest are just called CombatStyle #4-9. 

I'm specifically trying to get my follower to use dual dagger.

1 hour ago, DDRay said:

Hi. I've just gotten back into Skyrim recently and a mod like this is exactly something I was looking for. Only problem I have right now is when I go to select a combat style, I only have 4 options being: Spellsword, Magic Archer, 1H tank, and Caster. The rest are just called CombatStyle #4-9. 

I'm specifically trying to get my follower to use dual dagger.

Those are just some samples I added. You can make and name your own in the remaining slots, even edit and overwrite the sample ones.

11 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Those are just some samples I added. You can make and name your own in the remaining slots, even edit and overwrite the sample ones.

Ah, thanks. I thought I was missing something. I managed to find a follower mod that allowed me to set the combat style of my followers so I can use that in conjunction with this mod. Again, amazing mod and I love the fact I can even have it copy the height as now I'm playing a pair of short dark elf sisters.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brutherman said:

Anyway to add custom voices?

Assuming the voices are pre-packed as a mod already you need to make a patch.

Open both LazyFollowers and the mod containing the voices in the CK - do not set any of them as active. Then you need to locate the _LazyFollowersFemaleVoices and _LazyFollowersMaleVoices lists under the "Formlist" tab and open those. Drag them then a bit to the side.

Next you need to locate the voices you want to add under VoiceTypes. Depending on if it's a male or female voice you drag and drop them on the corresponding formlist you previously opened.

Finally, you need to find the LazyFollowers quest, open that and locate the _LazyFollowersMCMScript under the script tab furthest to the right. Doubleclick that and there add the custom voicetype names to the FVoicesList and MVoicesList string lists. They must be in the exact same order as the formlist, e.g if MyBadAssVoice is on position 10 in the _LazyFollowersMaleVoices list the "MyBadAssVoice" (or whatever you want to call it) needs to be entered at position 10 in the MVoicesList.

Once that it's just a matter of saving and naming your patch.

With reservation I'm writing this from memory without the CK open. There should be video guides out there how to navigate the CK if you're unfamiliar with it but it sounds more complicated than it is.

2 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Assuming the voices are pre-packed as a mod already you need to make a patch.

Open both LazyFollowers and the mod containing the voices in the CK - do not set any of them as active. Then you need to locate the _LazyFollowersFemaleVoices and _LazyFollowersMaleVoices lists under the "Formlist" tab and open those. Drag them then a bit to the side.

Next you need to locate the voices you want to add under VoiceTypes. Depending on if it's a male or female voice you drag and drop them on the corresponding formlist you previously opened.

Finally, you need to find the LazyFollowers quest, open that and locate the _LazyFollowersMCMScript under the script tab furthest to the right. Doubleclick that and there add the custom voicetype names to the FVoicesList and MVoicesList string lists. They must be in the exact same order as the formlist, e.g if MyBadAssVoice is on position 10 in the _LazyFollowersMaleVoices list the "MyBadAssVoice" (or whatever you want to call it) needs to be entered at position 10 in the MVoicesList.

Once that it's just a matter of saving and naming your patch.

With reservation I'm writing this from memory without the CK open. There should be video guides out there how to navigate the CK if you're unfamiliar with it but it sounds more complicated than it is.

Thank you

14 hours ago, hmoobguy said:

How's this compared to Proteus on Nexus?  I mean you can do a ton of customizing on npc , additional players/followers etc. And you can switch between your unique players

Well LazyFollowers was released months before the first proto-Proteus version so it wasn't designed to be an alternative or option to it.

But if you still want to make a comparison it's like comparing a screwdriver to a toolbox.  If the pre-packaged toolbox does everything you need it's the quickest and most convenient option. If it doesn't (or does things you don't want/need) picking individual tools better suited for the jobs might be the way to go instead. At the cost of it taking more time and research though.

• 3 weeks later...

On VR this mod doesn't seem to let you choose a name (text inputs aren't the same so they break)  Anyone have ideas about a workaround, like what files I could edit to rename NordMale01 manually?

Edit: Figured it out, I exported the NPCs to a json, edited that, and then re-loaded it

Edited by procyonlotor
On 7/25/2022 at 3:22 AM, procyonlotor said:

On VR this mod doesn't seem to let you choose a name (text inputs aren't the same so they break)  Anyone have ideas about a workaround, like what files I could edit to rename NordMale01 manually?

Edit: Figured it out, I exported the NPCs to a json, edited that, and then re-loaded it

Super you figured out a workaround and came back with the solution in case anyone else has the same issue ?

There was a question on the Nexusmods page about the name input and the VR Keyboard mod came up. Looking at the page it seems to be a fairly quick change but I don't have a VR set to test with. Is the name input the only problematic bit or is there anything else in the menu that doesn't work?

I was having the issue with this mod that others has also mentioned on nexus, where the sculpt of the player's face is modified (or reset?) upon loading a game.

The problem is not this mod in itself, since if I only install this mod with its requirements, everything works just fine. Note that I also found that this issue occurs with other mods that have similar functionality, such as PROTEUS.

So I pinned down the mod causing the issue, and the result is: Devious Devices causes this problem. If this mod is installed, the face of the player character becomes distorted after loading a save with a modified follower.

Now, I'd like to fix the problem, so I am here to ask if anybody has any clue of how to fix it. All I currently know is that it is related to the papyrus scripts of Devious Devices and not the SKSE plugin part of it.

(Tested on SE)

Edited by leakim
2 hours ago, leakim said:

I was having the issue with this mod that others has also mentioned on nexus, where the sculpt of the player's face is modified (or reset?) upon loading a game.

The problem is not this mod in itself, since if I only install this mod with its requirements, everything works just fine. Note that I also found that this issue occurs with other mods that have similar functionality, such as PROTEUS.

So I pinned down the mod causing the issue, and the result is: Devious Devices causes this problem. If this mod is installed, the face of the player character becomes distorted after loading a save with a modified follower.

Now, I'd like to fix the problem, so I am here to ask if anybody has any clue of how to fix it. All I currently know is that it is related to the papyrus scripts of Devious Devices and not the SKSE plugin part of it.

(Tested on SE)

Interesting find. Random idea I've had about the elusive sculpt issue but couldn't try since I haven't had it myself- try deleting (or temporarily move) the DD menu script, should be the file "zadConfig.pex". Start a new game, verify the DD menu doesn't show up and then see if the problem appears again.

EDIT - a couple of more questions

Do you just use a preset or an exported headmesh too? If not does using a headmesh fix the issue?

When the issue appears do the 3D headmesh view in the RaceMenu sculpt editor work?

Edited by LazyGirl
9 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Interesting find. Random idea I've had about the elusive sculpt issue but couldn't try since I haven't had it myself- try deleting (or temporarily move) the DD menu script, should be the file "zadConfig.pex". Start a new game, verify the DD menu doesn't show up and then see if the problem appears again.

EDIT - a couple of more questions

Do you just use a preset or an exported headmesh too? If not does using a headmesh fix the issue?

When the issue appears do the 3D headmesh view in the RaceMenu sculpt editor work?

Answers to questions:

1. Does removing zadConfig.pex fix the problem? MCM obviously gone, but the face still turns into a monster. Removing ALL scripts from Devious Devices fixes the issue (that's what I tested previously)
  2. Do I use a headmesh? Yes. And so does the preset I use for NPC. It's essentially just two identical headmeshes.
  3. Do the headmesh sculpt editor work? Yes, I can re-import the mesh for the player character. This fixes the face for current session. Save and load again and it's back to monster face.

Additional notes:

• It takes a couple of seconds from loading the game till the player's face is messed up.
  • The NPC face is messed up in the same way as the player.

Unrelated note: When loading an NPC I have to explicitly go into the Debug menu and change "RM Full Mode" from 0 to 15 (which it says is default). If I don't do this the "Body Scales" from Race Menu are not applied to the preset, which feels like a bug.

Edited by leakim

Great feedback, thanks. I never use headmeshes myself but I'll set up DD and a follower with when I have time to do some testing and see if I can replicate the issue.

There is (or was) a bug where using "Headmesh" for a label in the mod menu broke the 3D headmesh viewer in RaceMenu. This is why it's labelled the somewhat unintuitive "Headnif" instead. I was hoping it was something similarly and easily fixed in the DD menu but it seems we can rule that out.

From what you're describing it sounds like DD is running a maintenance/monitor function likely hooked to the OnPlayerGameLoad event. It might possibly have something to do with body scaling or morphing since you have to use a RM setting of 15 which effectively re-applies the entire preset overriding all changes other mods make.

As for the default values I took a look and the RM Full mode is set to 0 both in the esp and mod menu but I believe it was 15 in earlier versions. 

On 7/25/2022 at 11:52 PM, LazyGirl said:

Super you figured out a workaround and came back with the solution in case anyone else has the same issue ?

There was a question on the Nexusmods page about the name input and the VR Keyboard mod came up. Looking at the page it seems to be a fairly quick change but I don't have a VR set to test with. Is the name input the only problematic bit or is there anything else in the menu that doesn't work?

Everything else seems to work fine! The MCM menus work great in VR in all other respects other than the bit with keyboard inputs and recognizing a selected/targeted NPC (not used in your mod but just fwiw). My followers still get called by their old names sometimes behind the scenes and in notifications ("NordMale26 has moved into your residence") but that's perfectly ignorable for me. 

Great mod, thanks for maintaining it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, LazyGirl said:

Great feedback, thanks. I never use headmeshes myself but I'll set up DD and a follower with when I have time to do some testing and see if I can replicate the issue.

There is (or was) a bug where using "Headmesh" for a label in the mod menu broke the 3D headmesh viewer in RaceMenu. This is why it's labelled the somewhat unintuitive "Headnif" instead. I was hoping it was something similarly and easily fixed in the DD menu but it seems we can rule that out.

From what you're describing it sounds like DD is running a maintenance/monitor function likely hooked to the OnPlayerGameLoad event. It might possibly have something to do with body scaling or morphing since you have to use a RM setting of 15 which effectively re-applies the entire preset overriding all changes other mods make.

As for the default values I took a look and the RM Full mode is set to 0 both in the esp and mod menu but I believe it was 15 in earlier versions. 

Have you been able to find the root of the problem? If not I may try to determine guilty code by process of elimination.

I may not be able to fix the problem, but at least I should be able to find the cause. I really want this mod/PROTEUS working. :)

On 7/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, leakim said:

Answers to questions:

1. Does removing zadConfig.pex fix the problem? MCM obviously gone, but the face still turns into a monster. Removing ALL scripts from Devious Devices fixes the issue (that's what I tested previously)
  2. Do I use a headmesh? Yes. And so does the preset I use for NPC. It's essentially just two identical headmeshes.
  3. Do the headmesh sculpt editor work? Yes, I can re-import the mesh for the player character. This fixes the face for current session. Save and load again and it's back to monster face.

Additional notes:

• It takes a couple of seconds from loading the game till the player's face is messed up.
  • The NPC face is messed up in the same way as the player.

Unrelated note: When loading an NPC I have to explicitly go into the Debug menu and change "RM Full Mode" from 0 to 15 (which it says is default). If I don't do this the "Body Scales" from Race Menu are not applied to the preset, which feels like a bug.

I think I'll have to apologize. I have done some very extensive testing, and I have determined it is in fact not Devious Devices causing the issue. 

I have now stripped down the mods as much as a feel I can, and yet the issue persists, but you must save/load twice after summoning a follower for the issue to manifest.

Essentially I am running the following "setup" and I am able to reproduce the issue every time I try:

Spoiler

#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Name
"0001","DLC: HearthFires"
"0002","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0003","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0005","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch"
"0006","Address Library for SKSE Plugins"
"0012","SkyUI"
"0014","RaceMenu Special Edition"
"0017","Alternate Start - Live Another Life"
"0022","Fuz Ro D'oh"
"0023","JContainers SE"
"0028","PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions"
"0045","FNIS XXL"
"0046","FNIS Creature Pack SE"
"0054","LazyFollowers 0.42.3"
"0062","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended"
"0064","BodySlide and Outfit Studio"
"0065","HDT-SMP for SSE"
"0066","CBPC - Physics with Collisions"
"0070","Baka Haeun UNP"
"0090","KS Hairdos SSE"
"0594","FNIS Generated"

Exact steps to reproduce (assumes you have a follower with custom head morph and a PC preset with a face morph):

1. Start new game
  2. Select correct race for chosen preset and load it through RaceMenu
  3. Set LazyFollowers RM Full Mode to 15
  4. Setup Nordfemale1 (or correct preset race) to use your preset, give it a name and apply settings
  5. Summon the follower and verify PC looks correct
  6. Save game
  7. Exit to main menu
  8. Load previously saved game
  9. Verify that PC looks correct
  10. Save game
  11. Exit to main menu
  12. Load previously saved game
  13. Verify that the PC face morph is no longer applied correctly

This is with Skyrim SE, and with the latest version of RaceMenu for Skyrim SE, v0.4.16

Edited by leakim
23 hours ago, leakim said:

I think I'll have to apologize. I have done some very extensive testing, and I have determined it is in fact not Devious Devices causing the issue. 

I have now stripped down the mods as much as a feel I can, and yet the issue persists, but you must save/load twice after summoning a follower for the issue to manifest.

Essentially I am running the following "setup" and I am able to reproduce the issue every time I try:

Reveal hidden contents

Exact steps to reproduce (assumes you have a follower with custom head morph and a PC preset with a face morph):

1. Start new game
  2. Select correct race for chosen preset and load it through RaceMenu
  3. Set LazyFollowers RM Full Mode to 15
  4. Setup Nordfemale1 (or correct preset race) to use your preset, give it a name and apply settings
  5. Summon the follower and verify PC looks correct
  6. Save game
  7. Exit to main menu
  8. Load previously saved game
  9. Verify that PC looks correct
  10. Save game
  11. Exit to main menu
  12. Load previously saved game
  13. Verify that the PC face morph is no longer applied correctly

This is with Skyrim SE, and with the latest version of RaceMenu for Skyrim SE, v0.4.16

Interesting, I haven't had time to look into this myself yet. As for what might be happening:

The "Full mode" is only used when the NPC is first created, after that it's the "Lite mode" that refreshes the NPC.  The fact the character still works after first creation and saving/loading is likely due to the game caching data to speed things up.

At the second save/load the remaining "Full mode" data is finally purged and the "Lite mode" alone can't apply the appearance correctly. 

You can test if this is correct by simply setting the Lite Mode to 15 as well. The drawback of this is that this applies everything in the preset which risks removing any appearance added by other mods.

As for how to fix this if this theory is correct - there isn't really a way since it's related to how RaceMenu works internally. I suppose you could fiddle with different settings for the Lite mode but I'm fairly certain from my testing other values only apply the preset partially and isn't really useable.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:56 PM, LazyGirl said:

Interesting, I haven't had time to look into this myself yet. As for what might be happening:

The "Full mode" is only used when the NPC is first created, after that it's the "Lite mode" that refreshes the NPC.  The fact the character still works after first creation and saving/loading is likely due to the game caching data to speed things up.

At the second save/load the remaining "Full mode" data is finally purged and the "Lite mode" alone can't apply the appearance correctly. 

You can test if this is correct by simply setting the Lite Mode to 15 as well. The drawback of this is that this applies everything in the preset which risks removing any appearance added by other mods.

As for how to fix this if this theory is correct - there isn't really a way since it's related to how RaceMenu works internally. I suppose you could fiddle with different settings for the Lite mode but I'm fairly certain from my testing other values only apply the preset partially and isn't really useable.

Finally got around to trying this. Does not seem to have an effect also modifying "RM Lite Mode" to 15. I see the exact same behavior.

Edited by leakim

So the full mode set to 15 works when making the character but then lite mode set to the same/doing the same things can't maintain the appearance through loading/saving? Hmm, very odd.
Could you attach the preset, headmesh and a pictures of what the face looks like when it's correct and when it bugs out? I'll see if I can reproduce the problem in my test setup.

Thanks again for the feedback!