MUST READ if you play LGBT sims with WW.

22 hours ago, Clay86 said:

Yes this is unfortunate but so far its the only way to reorder. I'll be interested as well if someone can figure out another way so as to preserve relationships.

Does the WW framework offer lgbt tags for roles? I'm only aware from looking within the xmls of the male, female and both tags.

As far as I can tell WW uses the genitals to determine "gender".

43 minutes ago, ColonolNutty said:

As far as I can tell WW uses the genitals to determine "gender".

Ok, in any event the thread discussion is geared more towards lgbt sex role dynamics which the framework doesn't explicitly cover yet. Like I don't believe there's any top/bottom/vers tags anywhere. That's why finding this workaround was pretty good because in the past there was a lot of confusion when determining WW's top/bottom dynamic . To make things work with any certainty, you would've needed to turn for e.g the gay male you wanted to bottom into a "female" in gender settings and this whole workaround prevents that. With this method you can even set up verse sims and who they allow to top them if you want. If there's some tags that I'm missing that can do these same kind of things knowing them would be interesting though.

2 hours ago, Clay86 said:

Ok, in any event the thread discussion is geared more towards lgbt sex role dynamics which the framework doesn't explicitly cover yet. Like I don't believe there's any top/bottom/vers tags anywhere. That's why finding this workaround was pretty good because in the past there was a lot of confusion when determining WW's top/bottom dynamic . To make things work with any certainty, you would've needed to turn for e.g the gay male you wanted to bottom into a "female" in gender settings and this whole workaround prevents that. With this method you can even set up verse sims and who they allow to top them if you want. If there's some tags that I'm missing that can do these same kind of things knowing them would be interesting though.

I doubt WW is willing to add any tags that would be this useful (Considering DD provides and uses many extremely useful tags and WW bans those who use these tags in their animations), however I am currently working on using the GIVER and RECEIVER tags which are provided and used by Devious Desires. Using it's animation customization feature you may add these tags to your animations and over time all animations will have them (Assuming people are adding them using this feature, of course)!

You will be able to select the preference for each of your Sims,  whether they prefer being a Giver or a Receiver and when it comes time to start sex, Devious Desires will use those GIVER and RECEIVER tags to put the Sims in the "roles" you expect.

Example: Male Sim 1 prefers being the Receiver. Male Sim 2 does not prefer either, they are open to both. Male Sim 3 prefers being the Receiver. Male Sim 4 prefers being the Giver.

When DD looks for an open slot for:

Male Sim 1 it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 1
2. Is tagged with RECEIVER

Male Sim 3, it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 3
2. Is tagged with RECEIVER OR if it fails to find an open slot with that tag, it will consider any open slot.

Male Sim 4, it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 4
2. Is tagged with GIVER OR if it fails to find an open slot with that tag, it will consider any open slot.

Male Sim 2, it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 2
2. Is tagged with RECEIVER or GIVER OR has neither of those tags. (Since they don't have a preference)

Notice the order it considers them in, it will assign all Sims with a preference first, then it assigns Sims without a preference.

HOWEVER, none of the above will work if:
a. WW continues to remove animation authors from their list of animations for adding tags that DD uses (GIVER and RECEIVER in this case) to their animations.
b. Noone utilizes Animation Customization (provided by DD) to update the tags of animation actors

c. Noone provides their customizations made via Animation Customization for the community to download.

All of the points I have been making ARE geared toward the role dynamics. The proposed workaround is nice, but I'm offering a technical solution to the problem presented. :D

2 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

I doubt WW is willing to add any tags that would be this useful (Considering DD provides and uses many extremely useful tags and WW bans those who use these tags in their animations), however I am currently working on using the GIVER and RECEIVER tags which are provided and used by Devious Desires. Using it's animation customization feature you may add these tags to your animations and over time all animations will have them (Assuming people are adding them using this feature, of course)!

You will be able to select the preference for each of your Sims,  whether they prefer being a Giver or a Receiver and when it comes time to start sex, Devious Desires will use those GIVER and RECEIVER tags to put the Sims in the "roles" you expect.

Example: Male Sim 1 prefers being the Receiver. Male Sim 2 does not prefer either, they are open to both. Male Sim 3 prefers being the Receiver. Male Sim 4 prefers being the Giver.

When DD looks for an open slot for:

Male Sim 1 it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 1
2. Is tagged with RECEIVER

Male Sim 3, it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 3
2. Is tagged with RECEIVER OR if it fails to find an open slot with that tag, it will consider any open slot.

Male Sim 4, it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 4
2. Is tagged with GIVER OR if it fails to find an open slot with that tag, it will consider any open slot.

Male Sim 2, it will consider the following:
1. Matches the animation gender of Male Sim 2
2. Is tagged with RECEIVER or GIVER OR has neither of those tags. (Since they don't have a preference)

Notice the order it considers them in, it will assign all Sims with a preference first, then it assigns Sims without a preference.

HOWEVER, none of the above will work if:
a. WW continues to remove animation authors from their list of animations for adding tags that DD uses (GIVER and RECEIVER in this case) to their animations.
b. Noone utilizes Animation Customization (provided by DD) to update the tags of animation actors

c. Noone provides their customizations made via Animation Customization for the community to download.

All of the points I have been making ARE geared toward the role dynamics. The proposed workaround is nice, but I'm offering a technical solution to the problem presented. :D

Ok sounds interesting tho tbf I'm not familiar with any of your mods or whatever beef you're currently having with Turbo which permits him to block you. Was strictly speaking within the confines of the WW since that's the only sex framework for the sims I use.

7 hours ago, Clay86 said:

Ok sounds interesting tho tbf I'm not familiar with any of your mods or whatever beef you're currently having with Turbo which permits him to block you. Was strictly speaking within the confines of the WW since that's the only sex framework for the sims I use.

My mod Devious Desires is the competition to WW. I'm not gonna go into details in this thread as it would be off topic.

@ColonelNutty I'm not sure this is possible as a workaround, but couldn't you set the gender temporarily during an animation based on the receiver/giver tag? e.g.: A male receiver would be set to female just before the animation starts, and back to male after the animation ends.

5 hours ago, Pentasis said:

@ColonelNutty I'm not sure this is possible as a workaround, but couldn't you set the gender temporarily during an animation based on the receiver/giver tag? e.g.: A male receiver would be set to female just before the animation starts, and back to male after the animation ends.

The problem is M/M and F/F animations.

16 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

The problem is M/M and F/F animations.

I know. But the way WW works is that with M/M and F/F animations it does look at the preferred gender setting and will put e.g. a bottom (receiver) in the correct position. At least for the majority of animations I use. This is because ifaict, the receiver is set to 'female' in the animation-file. So if your mod would switch a receiver to female and a giver to male during animation (and back afterwards), it would work without any extra tags I think? Unless I am missing something (I'm no expert).

8 hours ago, Pentasis said:

I know. But the way WW works is that with M/M and F/F animations it does look at the preferred gender setting and will put e.g. a bottom (receiver) in the correct position. At least for the majority of animations I use. This is because ifaict, the receiver is set to 'female' in the animation-file. So if your mod would switch a receiver to female and a giver to male during animation (and back afterwards), it would work without any extra tags I think? Unless I am missing something (I'm no expert).

I never thought of animation genders that way before, thanks for pointing that out!

From doing more testing with the WW's new lgbt sex role system I'm quite happy. I'm content too he kept the ordering system maintained since with the new roles it opens up the range of possibilities regarding lgbt sexual fluidity more than ever. My sims game is more fun than ever now.